Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss America

vCash
    Well Faux News has Gretchen (can't remember her last name.)
    Gretchen Carlson - Miss America 1989.
    I refuse to watch FOX News; but I know that!

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Well Faux News has Gretchen (can't remember her last name.) Teresa may not be far behind. For once I would love to see an outspoken political liberal take the crown. I don't remember it ever happening. I hope I'm wrong about that.
    Just guessing: Vanessa Williams?

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Well, yeah, she wears a wig because she has damaged hair. And since a lot of contestants have hair extensions and other add-ons, why is her wearing a wig a problem?
    Well, don't you find it slightly odd that the contestant whose platform was loving yourself as you are totallly trashed her hair with chlorox and perms to the point that her hair fell out so that she'd have to wear a WIG for 15 months?!?! You probably do not recall I'm sure that Miss DE last year suffered from alopecia, translation she had NO hair. She opted to wear a wig which raised some eyebrows too, but heck, she HAD NO HAIR. Teresa on her own accord destroyed her hair (note to homeschoolers across America, you might know ConLaw better than Obama, but homeschooling doesn't teach you the ins and outs of home-bleaching and perming...). She is a disgrace, and if MA wasn't so irrelevant she might have gotten more press. Just a few more hours and Teresa will just be a bad memory.

vCash
    Actually, her platform was Eating Disorders. It certainly included the idea of loving yourself as you are, but with a focus on body image, not hair. Link:

http://www.missamerica.org/miss-amer...s-america.aspx

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    Well, don't you find it slightly odd that the contestant whose platform was loving yourself as you are totallly trashed her hair with chlorox and perms to the point that her hair fell out so that she'd have to wear a WIG for 15 months?!?! You probably do not recall I'm sure that Miss DE last year suffered from alopecia, translation she had NO hair. She opted to wear a wig which raised some eyebrows too, but heck, she HAD NO HAIR. Teresa on her own accord destroyed her hair (note to homeschoolers across America, you might know ConLaw better than Obama, but homeschooling doesn't teach you the ins and outs of home-bleaching and perming...). She is a disgrace, and if MA wasn't so irrelevant she might have gotten more press. Just a few more hours and Teresa will just be a bad memory.
    Louise---she might be a different person in a few years (I hope.) I just remember how narrow minded I was coming out of high school and how much that changed with exposure to different groups of people. There are good points to being so protected as a child but are most certainly negative points too. I wonder if Teresa at 23 or 24 as Miss America would have been different than Teresa at 17 winning the crown. We'll never know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Actually, her platform was Eating Disorders. It certainly included the idea of loving yourself as you are, but with a focus on body image, not hair. Link:

http://www.missamerica.org/miss-amer...s-america.aspx
    Considering all the women out there who bleach their hair blonde or get those trashy-looking skunk-stripe highlights, I'd say hair is definitely part of "body image" for most women. Too bad a lot of them end up getting it wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    Considering all the women out there who bleach their hair blonde or get those trashy-looking skunk-stripe highlights, I'd say hair is definitely part of "body image" for most women.
    But it isn't typically an issue associated with eating disorders which was her platform.

vCash
    But it isn't typically an issue associated with eating disorders which was her platform.
    But hair loss is. And, as Louise pointed out, some of the more "extreme" hair coloring/styling techniques can absolutely trash one's hair, to the point of losing it in some cases.

http://www.hairloss.com/home/eating-...hair-loss.html

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...e&articleid=79

vCash
    Eating disorders can cause hair loss too.

vCash
    Wow...you all really missed my point. Which was, essentially, that her platform was not what Louise claimed it was.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Well, don't you find it slightly odd that the contestant whose platform was loving yourself as you are totallly trashed her hair with chlorox and perms to the point that her hair fell out so that she'd have to wear a WIG for 15 months?!?! You probably do not recall I'm sure that Miss DE last year suffered from alopecia, translation she had NO hair.
    Actually, yes, I do remember this. But it's irrelevant as to why the current Miss America wears a wig.

And as PDilemma is trying to point out, her platform was "eating disorders: a generation at risk", not "loving yourself as you are".
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Banned Member
    vCash
    Wow...you all really missed my point. Which was, essentially, that her platform was not what Louise claimed it was.
    Chill. Her "Platform" was "Eating Disorders and Body Image" where she constantly spoke about learning to love yourself as you are.

I was not incorrect. Stop being so obtuse.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Chill. Her "Platform" was "Eating Disorders and Body Image" where she constantly spoke about learning to love yourself as you are.

I was not incorrect. Stop being so obtuse.
    Do you see the words "body image" in the title of her platform on the Miss America website? They aren't there. So stop trying to twist reality to suit your argument.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Um, the dance routine on top of the Hoover Damn was both and !

And what's up with doing the introductions out of alphabetical order?!?
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Um, the dance routine on top of the Hoover Damn was both and !

And what's up with doing the introductions out of alphabetical order?!?
    Yeah, that out of order thing totally threw me off too.

I can't stand either host of this pageant so I have no idea how long I'll last watching this tonight.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I'm not watching, is Chris Harrison one of the hosts?

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I'm not watching, is Chris Harrison one of the hosts?
    Yes, he's one of the hosts.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    This show not only has annoying hosts, they're playing or singing every single annoying song on the radio right now.

Mad props to the semi-finalist who lost over 100 lbs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    :

Mad props to the semi-finalist who lost over 100 lbs!
    I'm rooting for her big time! What a train wreck, but I can't look away. I love that the South dominated the semi finals
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Who's in?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast