Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss America

vCash

Miss America

Anyone going to watch? Got your picks?

Read that Kris Jenner is one of the judges. Why do they need to do stunt casting for judges?

vCash
    ^^ Yeah, she is. I watched Good Morning America yesterday and she and Lara Spencer are both judging. I would like to know what qualifications judges need.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I would like to know what qualifications judges need.
    I doubt there are any except a possibly recognizable name. I won't be watching.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    The current Miss A is a friend's niece. And though they believed in her chances even they were shocked because she is quite young.

vCash
    Wasn't even aware it was going on until I saw the blurb about Hawaii winning talent jumping rope.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I like how they've added U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico as contestants in the last few years.

I love the part about the jump-rope talent. Miss the days of the good old baton twirlers.

A girl from my home town won back in the 80's.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    I'm opting out this year to watch the playoff game.....Go Pats!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    Read that Kris Jenner is one of the judges. Why do they need to do stunt casting for judges?
    Because the broadcast of the show is back on a big network, and they want to get ratings and do cross-promotion. Which is probably why someone from Good Morning America (also on ABC) is one of the judges.

But hasn't this always been a problem with Miss America? That the state winners are chosen by experienced pageant judges, and then the "stunt casting" judges come in at Miss America and make a choice that makes everyone else go ?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    I like how they've added U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico as contestants in the last few years.

I love the part about the jump-rope talent. Miss the days of the good old baton twirlers.

A girl from my home town won back in the 80's.
    I can do you one better. A former Miss America lived in my dorm when I was in grad school. Of course, this was before she became Miss America.

vCash
    I'll be rooting for Miss SC, Bree Boyce, as she has a fantastic story. I didn't expect her to win Miss SC (but that's probably because I was biased and rooting hard for an old acquaintance ) but she really lives her platform.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/25/health...oss/index.html

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I always kind of figured that the stunt judges were told who to watch for and basically instructed on how to vote. I can't imagine them leaving it up to those judges 100%
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I always kind of figured that the stunt judges were told who to watch for and basically instructed on how to vote. I can't imagine them leaving it up to those judges 100%
    So, just like skating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    So, just like skating
    LOL! ...and some of the gowns could be shortened into great skating outfits.

I always pull for Miss Mississippi, since I grew up there.

vCash
    Rooted for Miss Mass last year , this year, I go back to not caring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    I can do you one better. A former Miss Colorado lived in my dorm when I was in grad school. Of course, this was before she became Miss America.

I can do ya one just as good. Miss Colorado 1975 was my sister's good friend. I just Googled her name and came up with this: http://www.pennycurrier.com/ Can you guess what her talent was? LOL. You'll see in the "about Penny" page on her site, it says she was a "former Miss Colorado." A quick Google search further, and I find on Wikipedia what year she was Miss Colorado.

I remember sitting in English class in HS, and someone mentioned her a big writeup in the paper about her. I mentioned that she was a good friend of my older sister's and nobody would beleive me, like I was trying to impress them with name dropping or something. LOL.

Banned Member
    vCash
    I plan to watch. The prelim winners were TX, UT, and NY for Swimsuit and WI, HI, and OK for Talent. OK has had good vibes this whole week, and non prelim winners that I'd expect to make top 10 are SC, VA, MO, and CA.

As for the stunt judging, I believe most are associated with ABC. Kris Jenner made me roll my eyes, but whatever. I just hope this year they pick a mature and beautiful contestant. MissAm has been dogged for years by picking only moderately attractive interview queens.

Whatever the case, I'll be glad when Teresa Scanlan the current MA gives it up. She's been an embarassment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    Whatever the case, I'll be glad when Teresa Scanlan the current MA gives it up. She's been an embarassment.
    I have heard anything about her since she was crowned last year. What'd she do wrong?

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    I have heard anything about her since she was crowned last year. What'd she do wrong?
    Uggh. She bores me so much. But basically she's a know-it-all ultra-conservative. A 17 y/o homeschooled girl who has a chip on her shoulder. She even criticized Obama and stated that he doesn't know the Consitution, which received some press since Obama is a Harvard Law Review educated, CON LAW professor. She learned more about ConLaw I suppose in her home schooling than he did at Harvard Law. Tomorrow won't come soon enough.

Also, her platform was loving yourself for who you are or something, and she has been wearing a wig the entire time, even when she was crowned. She's a bit 'off'. But FoxNews luvs her.

vCash
    and she has been wearing a wig the entire time, even when she was crowned.
    Well, yeah, she wears a wig because she has damaged hair. And since a lot of contestants have hair extensions and other add-ons, why is her wearing a wig a problem?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Uggh. She bores me so much. But basically she's a know-it-all ultra-conservative. A 17 y/o homeschooled girl who has a chip on her shoulder. She even criticized Obama and stated that he doesn't know the Consitution, which received some press since Obama is a Harvard Law Review educated, CON LAW professor. She learned more about ConLaw I suppose in her home schooling than he did at Harvard Law. Tomorrow won't come soon enough.

Also, her platform was loving yourself for who you are or something, and she has been wearing a wig the entire time, even when she was crowned. She's a bit 'off'. But FoxNews luvs her.
    Well Faux News has Gretchen (can't remember her last name.) Teresa may not be far behind. For once I would love to see an outspoken political liberal take the crown. I don't remember it ever happening. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast