vCash

Ladies Planning triple-triple combos at Nationals

Who all is planning triple triple combos (or 2A + 3T) at nationals (SP and/or FS)?

How do you think they will fare?

Is it a good or bad decision to plan them, in your opinion.

Off the top of my head....

Czisny
    Wagner
    Keiser
    Jiang
    Wang
    Zawadzki
    Gao

Possibly Flatt, Zhang, and/or Nagasu may include them too?

Also Interesting to note that I believe Gold, Long, Kulgeyko, Cain, and Edmunds will try them at the Junior level.

I may be wrong though - feel free to correct me. I'm just curious how you all think they will do based on their decision to do (or not to do) the triple-triple combination.

vCash
    For reference, chipso1 posted a summary of the past 2 seasons' 3-3 attempts (focusing on the Senior ladies) in the US Ladies thread #2 last month: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...o1#post3415287

P.S. This topic is also being discussed in US Ladies thread #3 here in the Trash Can (both Czisny and Nagasu said in their respective pre-Nationals media teleconferences this week that their focus is not on 3-3 combos at Nationals).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-12-2012 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    Ah yes how could i forget about Yasmin...

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Alissa isn't according to the last article. Neither is Mirai.

vCash
    I believe Amelie Lacoste is planning a 3loop/3loop.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I think we'll see more 3/3 attempts in the junior ladies at US Nationals then the senior ladies.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Alissa isn't according to the last article. Neither is Mirai.
    Not true. They said the focus was off the triple triple, not that they weren't doing it. Also Alissa stated that she was doing the 2A + 3T combo

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    Not true. They said the focus was off the triple triple, not that they weren't doing it. Also Alissa stated that she was doing the 2A + 3T combo
    Considering she just lost all her jumps two weeks ago I doubt she will be whipping off the triple triples. She needs more time to watch TV.

Mirai:
    An "executive decision" from coach Frank Carroll -- he told her to change to a spare pair of boots -- solved the problem, Nagasu said. Still, she is not planning to add any triple-triple combinations to either of her Lori Nichol-choreographed programs, a Tango short and a free skate to music from the ballet Spartacus.

And Alissa:
    The jump she injured herself trying in practice, triple flip, is back in her repertoire, but contrary to early-season efforts, she will not try a triple-triple combination or triple Salchow in San Jose.

"I have six triples and two double Axels planned in my long program and double Axel-triple toe [combination] is in the long instead of a triple-triple," she said. "For the short program, we are keeping a triple [Lutz]-double [toe] and making it clean from there."

Czisny added that while a triple-triple might appear later this season, for San Jose she prefers to play it conservative. She has good reason: Only two U.S. ladies' spots at the 2012 World Figure Skating Championships are up for grabs. Czisny had her best-ever showing at worlds last season, placing fifth.
    And 2a + 3t is not a triple triple.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I think the 2axel/3toe is about as likely from Alissa as a 3lutz/3toe. To be honest, the 3/3 seems more likely as her landings on the 3lutz (when at their best) are usually better than the landings on her 2axels. I will be surprised if she even goes for the 3toe on the end of the 2axel. Since she is leaving out the salchow then just do the toe as a solo jump.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher