Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Maybe to increase public interest they will have a segment where the ladies go on the ice and engage in a gang fight. Maybe, even invite Harding to serve as a guest referee. lmao
    Only if she's allowed to join in the fight and has easy access to an unlimited supply of hubcaps and metal pipes. Updated agility training -with the added benefit of increased ratings !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Who wrote that article?.... Because there are like 20 typos in that thing.

Anyways, so we've heard of Czisny... Where's a Mirai interview?!?!?!
    There's something there yesterday about Mirai.

vCash
    For Scott Hamilton's sake, I hope that Alissa does well in San Jose. We're going to hear some great 'quotable quotes' from him if she performs a perfect program.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Minecraft Widow
    vCash
    Alissa could skate to Rumble by Link Wray. It's an instrumental, so she could even use it in competition!
    Cigarettes are like squirrels. They are perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire. -- @ciggybuttz on Twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateycat View Post
    Alissa could skate to Rumble by Link Wray. It's an instrumental, so she could even use it in competition!
    Or she could skate to The Rumble from West Side Story.

(Kindly disregard the action in the video.)

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Is reworking her programs this close to Nats a good move?
    I don't think it is unusual for coaches/skaters to play with the jump layout to see how the skater could potentially maximize their score and still be consistent. And just because they say they are reworking the program doesn't mean they are starting over from scratch either, it could just be like swapping the place where a spin and a combo jump were done.

I just wish they would add some more (or any ) transitions in her long program. I like the music, but the program seems rather barren of choreography except for the footwork.

I'm sure if she skates relatively clean she'll be our first consecutive repeat ladies champion since Kwan.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Is reworking her programs this close to Nats a good move?
    It sounds like she is doing her LP similarly to what she performed at TEB w/ a 2x-3t attempt, no 3-3 and no 3sal. But, she had her highest LP score of the season and beat both Kostner and Tuktamysheva in the LP there. So, I don't even think she's really reworking anything ...

vCash
    My hope is that she goes back to her Winter into Spring LP Because even at TEB, her current LP didn't do much for me, and this is coming from an Alissa

vCash
    Czisny's free program is totally boring and empty. She doesn't have to tweak a lot, but some music edit at the beginning minute to set the mood and some showing of personality would be nice.

Her jumps are scary enough that I am OK with not seeing any choreography or transition before it.

vCash
    I agree, Marco. Since Alissa is not -- will never be -- a 'personality plus' skater like Ashley Wagner, Dorothy Hamill or Kanako Murakami, it's best for her to stick to tinkly-piano or New Age music. Even Dr. Zhivago was somewhat in the 'tinkly' category, even though it uses a full symphonic orchestra. My point is that Alissa won't be skating to 'Ride of the Valkyries' anytime soon.

But I agree -- even when compared to all of her tinkly-sounding LPs over the years, this season's 'Valse Triste' is indeed bo-ring. She should have dumped the music and the routine after the G-P finals.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    She had a great (personality-filled) Jesse Cook SP back in 2005-06-07. Someone is convincing her she can only do tinkly or super-slow music but I think she is capable of trying something different.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Maybe they think giving her slow twinkly music will better disguise how slowly and cautiously she skates. There are times her lack of speed and hesitancy resembles an intermediate skater terrified to jump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    Maybe they think giving her slow twinkly music will better disguise how slowly and cautiously she skates. There are times her lack of speed and hesitancy resembles an intermediate skater terrified to jump.
    Good point!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Alissa's programs seem more 6.0 to me than cop, so I am somewhat surprised she is doing so well.

on the rink doing synchronized spirals with Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Shawn Sawyer, Alissa Czisny, Rohene Ward, Yukina Ota, Caroline Zhang & Mirai Nagasu
    vCash
    I wish her and Mirai the best of luck at Nationals

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Alissa's programs seem more 6.0 to me than cop, so I am somewhat surprised she is doing so well.
    Alissa's level4 spins with +2-3 GOE wouldn't be recognised as such under 6.0 and wouldn't be rewarded. Under 6.0, jumps were more rewarded than spins. Under cop, her spin pts gain her a lead over her competitors, usually with enough points to give her a one jump advantage. So cop has been good for Alissa. But I somewhat agree, her programs seem more suited to 6.0 PCS-wise.

vCash

so... they look like Kristi's 92 Malequena to you, much more so than Plushy's 06 programs? They recall to you Kwan's DOD and Taj from 97, more so than YuNa's 09 Shez or Sasha's 05 Nutcracker?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    When I see her skate live she does not look particularly slow across the ice. I see the caution going into her jumps but her speed across the ice looks good. And her spins look fabulous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    She had a great (personality-filled) Jesse Cook SP back in 2005-06-07. Someone is convincing her she can only do tinkly or super-slow music but I think she is capable of trying something different.
    ITA.
    Her Mask of Zorro SP and Sabrina programs were also fun to watch.
    It'd be nice if someone would push her to take more risk, musically speaking.
    Last edited by geod2; 01-16-2012 at 09:29 AM.

vCash
    Maybe Alissa could benefit from acting lessons. It is always loveliness she shows. Her lp is dark, sad and unearthly, but she brings little or none of that to the piece. It would nice to see her skate and emote with abandon, throwing caution to the wind.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast