Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

vCash
    I like Ashley's new hair. I think she should either be blonde or dark.. Not inbetween.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Ashley's complexion and eye color make it easy for her to carry off blonde or dark hair. It's a very good dye job.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    She's been going this way for a while, so I'm glad she finally committed to blonde. It's a really nice look on her!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Sounds like Wagner has realistic expectations- very telling that she shied away from making a definitive statement about Worlds. Wish someone pinned her down a little more though and asked if she was shooting for a particular placement at worlds (podium? win? top 10?)
    I think Ashley answered the question about her Worlds' expectations very well. The main thing as she said is to skate her best. That's all skaters have control over. If she skates her best, she hopes (and apparently expects) to be rewarded -- kinda beside the point for her to talk about a specific placement, or even to think about anything other than staying in the moment and performing her programs to her best ability.

Love Ashley's new hair color -- definitely looks to be a great dye job by the hair colorist. Overall it is wonderful to see how Ashley has grown from the setbacks and disappointments -- how she decided to keep going for it and got help from a great coach (iconic and one of the best in the business). She has beautiful, detailed programs too. Her calm, her determination, and her confidence (which seem to come not only from her personality, but from her hard work and preparation) are great to see. I also love how Ashley has been so supportive of her skater friends, including Agnes Z and Adam Rippon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Ashley Wagner tweeted a photo of her "new hair" today: http://twitpic.com/8xo2z0
    She looks fantastic!

vCash
    Ashley's hair looks great!

But speaking of dye jobs, Agnes needs to go back to blonde. The dark blonde color she had at the beginning of the season was fine, but the dark reddish brown color she has now does NOT suit her at all! In off-ice pictures I notice it even more, it does not compliment her skin tone or eye color. And she's such a pretty girl, she looked great as a blonde. Please Agnes, go back to your natural color!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    ^ No one knows. She, nor her coach, has really talked to the press about her post-Nationals life. All we know was that Frank wanted Mirai to move closer to his rink by herself, but her mom said no.
    I think Mirai living by herself might be a good idea honestly, maybe force her into becoming more independent and grown up. I mean she is turning 19 in a month, most kids her age are already living away from their parents at college. Sounds like her parents, mom particularly, are kind of strict, but, if Mirai wants to succeed, something's got to change. She has her licensce now, and if she moves a couple hours away she could still visit her family on the weekends. I know her family is not particularly wealthy so that could be playing a factor, but all that driving on her mom's part leads to huge gas expenses in addition to taking up time she could be spending working at the restaurant. Also they live in Arcadia, which is a very expensive suburb of LA, so they can't be that financially strapped. All the time Mirai spends in the car currently isn't good for her skating, fitness level, or her family's finances. I hope they figure out a better solution soon. I love Mirai but she needs to start stepping it up and soon if she doesn't want the youngins to leave her in the dust.

vCash
    Also they live in Arcadia, which is a very expensive suburb of LA, so they can't be that financially strapped.
    Not necessarily...

Anyway, do we really KNOW that Carroll wanted Nagasu to move closer to his rink but mom said no? Sounds like that one started through "hearsay" on the forums but was never truly confirmed.

In any case, she has some tough choices to make regarding her future, and whatever the ultimate decision might be (even if it's retirement), I hope she is happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I think Mirai living by herself might be a good idea honestly, maybe force her into becoming more independent and grown up. I mean she is turning 19 in a month, most kids her age are already living away from their parents at college. Sounds like her parents, mom particularly, are kind of strict, but, if Mirai wants to succeed, something's got to change. She has her licensce now, and if she moves a couple hours away she could still visit her family on the weekends. I know her family is not particularly wealthy so that could be playing a factor, but all that driving on her mom's part leads to huge gas expenses in addition to taking up time she could be spending working at the restaurant. Also they live in Arcadia, which is a very expensive suburb of LA, so they can't be that financially strapped. All the time Mirai spends in the car currently isn't good for her skating, fitness level, or her family's finances. I hope they figure out a better solution soon. I love Mirai but she needs to start stepping it up and soon if she doesn't want the youngins to leave her in the dust.
    1. That's a really stereotypical view of Arcadia. I went to a school where the majority of the students there lived in small apartments in the area around the school or outside the area. Plenty of people live in spaces they can barely afford just to send their kids to school in this supposedly wealthy neighborhood.

2. I don't think it's fair to suggest that they "can't be that financially strapped" just because of the general neighborhood in which they live.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Anyway, do we really KNOW that Carroll wanted Nagasu to move closer to his rink but mom said no? Sounds like that one started through "hearsay" on the forums but was never truly confirmed.
    Frank Carroll said it in an interview, actually. He said something about her commuting situation isn't good, and she has some serious decisions to make, and that he offered to look for a place for her (a host family I think) near the rink, but that Mirai's mother said no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Frank Carroll said it in an interview, actually. He said something about her commuting situation isn't good, and she has some serious decisions to make, and that he offered to look for a place for her (a host family I think) near the rink, but that Mirai's mother said no.
    Sounds like Mama Nagasu could give Mama Kim and Mama Joubert a run for their money...

vCash
    Do you remember who conducted the interview/where it was published?

vCash
    To clarify: This was posted as hearsay information on Golden Skate on February 9, 2012, and not in a published article (we aren't privy as to why Nagasu's mother supposedly said no): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=244

vCash
    And GS closed that thread, because it became impossible to keep hearsay information out of it. You'd unapprove one post with it, and two more would pop up before you know it.

So "buyer beware" on this information. GS does not vouch for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Sounds like Mama Nagasu could give Mama Kim and Mama Joubert a run for their money...
    Not even close. Mirai's mother is very complimentary to other skaters and is very friendly. She seems to understand her daughter, however, and makes decisions that are best for her as a person.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    ^ For argument's sake, which So. Cal. rink w/ coach is closest to the Nagasu household?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    ^ For argument's sake, which So. Cal. rink w/ coach is closest to the Nagasu household?
    El Segundo? Or technically Pasadena but no top coaches currently work out of there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Ashley Wagner tweeted a photo of her "new hair" today: http://twitpic.com/8xo2z0
    stunning as always, but i prefer this one http://twitter.com/#!/dleeds27/statu...843776/photo/1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Ashley's complexion and eye color make it easy for her to carry off blonde or dark hair. It's a very good dye job.
    ITA. It's a nice color on her and she looks nice as either a blonde or a brunette.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    It looks as if she has had blonder highlights applied to her hair, so it's not that huge a change. I agree she looks fine either way.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast