Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Well technically, if Ashley wins, then Czisny only needs to finish 12th.
    Unfortunately she isn't going to accomplish that with a repeat of CC...

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Let's hurry up and get to 1,000 posts in this thread!

I think the next U.S. Ladies news/updates/articles thread should be in GSD and not in the Trash Can, based on this moderator's recent post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    While the discussion might be there, the Trash Can is really not the place to talk about news and I wish people would stop posting news there, even if there is a thread that seems appropriate.

The Trash Can is for polls and dead horses and threads about past skaters. Current and ongoing information really belongs here, not there.

vCash
    I think a realistic outcome for Wagner is probably ~5th. She could be lower top 10 if she messes up, or if she performs the way she did at 4CC/Natls, podium finish (including gold) is not out of the question.

vCash
    Perhaps the trash can was someone's commentary on where a thread about US Ladies skaters belongs...until they get 3 spots back.

(I'm KIDDING PEOPLE!)

Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Ashley Wagner pre-Worlds article: http://www.teamusa.org/news/2012/03/...-the-top/47184
    Re. developing stamina for her long program:
    She knew every nuance, where to push harder, where to breathe because Nicks had helped her with tempo.

“She was always very aggressive, which is good, but sometimes you can’t be aggressive for four minutes,” Nicks said. “You have to have what I call light and shade.”

He compares a long program to a one-mile race. “They’re both about four minutes,” he said, “And you just cannot do 10-second 100 meters all the way through. You’ve got to change your tempo, understand the energy expenditure, understand how to conserve it sometimes and still be interesting.”
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-16-2012 at 02:52 AM.

vCash
    Excellent. That really is the one thing Wagner needs the most. To pace herself through the program. The music itself is wonderful and so is the choreography and she CAN make it shine.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Excellent. That really is the one thing Wagner needs the most. To pace herself through the program. The music itself is wonderful and so is the choreography and she CAN make it shine.
    Well said.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Perhaps the trash can was someone's commentary on where a thread about US Ladies skaters belongs...until they get 3 spots back.
    I got a chuckle out of this one.

......... Then after a few seconds, it wasn't quite so funny.

vCash
    agksdslgsdkgsdalfdf!!!!!!!!!!!!

......... Then after a few seconds, it wasn't quite so funny.
    Precisely, how sad...With Korpi out now, that goal may have gotten a little bit easier, but still...

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

(I'm KIDDING PEOPLE!)

Since I'm the one who started this latest U.S. Ladies thread here in the Trash Can, I will say that it was NOT my intent to "trash" them in any way, shape or form (sorry to disappoint! ).

vCash
    “She was always very aggressive, which is good, but sometimes you can’t be aggressive for four minutes,” Nicks said. “You have to have what I call light and shade.”
    Bingo. That's exactly what she needed. You go John Nicks. I love how he hasn't tried to remake her, just gotten her to channel all that energy and drive so it helps her instead of hindering her.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash

Light & Shade

Mr. Nicks is a very wise man. We need a new book on skating imparting more of his and others' sage advice (Dick Button, Nobuo Sato, Frank Carroll, etc.). These men are national treasures. We need to mine these nuggets while they are still here to share with us. Young skaters could really benefit from what they have to say. We often see quotes tweeted on Twitter attributed to philosophers, pop culture icons, etc. We have our own skating icons that are extremely quotable.

vCash
    Does anyone know what Mirai is doing? Will she skate next season?

vCash
    ^ No one knows. She, nor her coach, has really talked to the press about her post-Nationals life. All we know was that Frank wanted Mirai to move closer to his rink by herself, but her mom said no.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Ashley Wagner tweeted a photo of her "new hair" today: http://twitpic.com/8xo2z0

vCash
    Very blonde.

vCash
    Too blonde. I think darker hair makes her features stand out a bit more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Bingo. That's exactly what she needed. You go John Nicks. I love how he hasn't tried to remake her, just gotten her to channel all that energy and drive so it helps her instead of hindering her.
    Hmmm... I wonder what he could do with Alyssa?
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Ashley Wagner tweeted a photo of her "new hair" today: http://twitpic.com/8xo2z0
    Well, it's a different look for her.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Hmmm... I wonder what he could do with Alyssa?
    Let's speculate! Let's just imagine Alissa has switched to John Nicks. What would he make her do? Would he have force her to work on her jumps? Would he make her skate with more speed and attack? But most of all, how would he work with her on pacing? She's got a totally different approach from Ashley; unlike Ashley she never really speeds up too much. Would John make her speed up at certain points in her LP?

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast