Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Davis and White- Coaching Change?

OK...So, I think that Meryl and Charlie are flat out not capable of beating Tessa and Scott unless they make a mistake or nless they change something. Am I the only person who is nervous that Meryl and Charlie will perhaps leave Igor and Marina? It seems to be the trend that when things don’t go right that the team/skater blames the coach. Legitimately, it might work but I am just curious. I do think that the only coaches that are more capable than Igor and Marina are Linichuk and Karpanasov but of course you know where that ended Tanith and Ben. Anyway, I Wanted you guys to weight in on it.

vCash
    I am actually thinking they just need to construct the programs more carefully. The two teams are so closely matched, they can't afford programs where they can't perfectly execute each element. Really thinking that is what happened in the last 2 competitions where V/M won.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    The USFSA should sent Gracie Gold.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I wouldn't wish Linichuk on my worst enemies.

vCash
    Sorry, but their real lives are where they train. And this thread has a very misleading title. Getting 2nd in the world aint all that bad, now and then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by keep n spin n View Post
    Sorry, but their real lives are where they train. And this thread has a very misleading title. Getting 2nd in the world aint all that bad, now and then.
    No joke! I did a double take and realized it was prob. conjecture.

vCash
    I don't think they'll leave Igor and Marina, at least not now, since they go to school in Michigan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I don't think they'll leave Igor and Marina, at least not now, since they go to school in Michigan.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post

I know both D&W fans and V&M fans have both suggested a change but I would be stunned if that happened. They won last year,second is not a bad result for goodness sake it could get a lot worse. Also judging by V&M interview with Tracy they thrive on having D&W there and on the pressure and competitive environment and I imagine the same is true for D&W. They love it! It's been a great success, always first or second since Vancouver why change when others would kill for it. We don't know how lucky we are thankfully they do.

vCash
    Unlike some fans on this board, I do hope Meryl and Charlie recognize that they need to work on their skating to get back the levels consistently, instead of thinking they got shafted due to poor judging.

Marina and Igor gave them magnificent programs like DF. Some critics do say it is constructed to hide their flaws (e.g. frantic skating, lines could be more polished, etc). If that's true then it means Z/S do know what they need to work on.

vCash
    Coaching changes are not necessarily a bad thing nor done because there are personal issues and problems between the skater and coach. Particularly when a skater has been with a coach for a very long time things can become stale and uninspired. Sometimes the skater just need a different perspective or a fresh set of eyes. And a good coach will recognise when it is time for a skater to move on and even make the suggestion themselves.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    me too.

I honestly think their DF was a masterpiece, and I noticed significant improvements in their line, unison, and overall polish. I also think they have expanded their interpretive skills, especially their projection. I believe they received standing Os at every outing of that free dance, which says a lot to me. I can't identify any major weaknesses in them, but I do know they are always looking to push themselves and grow, and I think they can still do that with Z&S. Having said that, I would love to see them get input from an external choreographer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    This was funny, like, the first hundred times.

vCash
    So, if you were going to send them to another coach or choreographer, the question then becomes who would it be, and why? I have no idea, which is why I ask. I do agree, that, in order to improve, it is good to experience/see other points of view.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    This will never get old.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I believe Tanith and Charlie just bought a house or are in the process of buying a house; to be fair, I didn't ask where. I think they're well-settled in Michigan; Tanith coaches a fair amount, in addition to both being enrolled in school near Canton.

IIRC, nearly 50% of the teams who qualified for the free dance at Worlds this year train either in Canton or Bloomfield Hills. Davis and White are in good hands - and in good company, with excellent training partners who push them every day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    This was funny, like, the first hundred times.
    Are you the funny police?
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dancefan17 View Post
    I am actually thinking they just need to construct the programs more carefully. The two teams are so closely matched, they can't afford programs where they can't perfectly execute each element. Really thinking that is what happened in the last 2 competitions where V/M won.
    Gracie will be the New Kween

I think D/W should go with C/K or Morozov
    to get real competition, it always limits real competition
    when you are with the same coach

vCash
    Davis and White should move to Frank Carroll now that he's no longer working with Mirai.

vCash
    I definitely DONT think they should change coaches. What I think they should do is

1 - get some outside choreography from a real choreographer - and by that I mean someone who does that and only that for a living

2 - work on the step sequences. They changed the requirements for levels this year and IIRC no one has really been able to nail level 4s consistently. And they have the perfect coaches for that.

And PS - I would give exactly the same advice to V/M.

vCash
    If D/W go elsewhere, let it be to ANYONE BUT Linichuk/Karponosov, a.k.a. "Tacky Town."
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast