Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SOI Canada

vCash
    I'm getting greedy. Can we get Kozuka too please?

vCash
    ^
    You never know! There may be some guests out west.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Wow! The CSOI cast list keeps getting better and better! I'm so excited for the Hamilton show now!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    What's up with the new "Stars on Ice Fanclub?" Online store, priority seating, opportunity to meet skaters at Meet and Greet? Is this really true? Is it in every city? Anyone planning to join?
    Last edited by Bailey_; 03-23-2012 at 12:04 AM.

vCash
    ^
    No idea, but I received an email about it today too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    I'm hoping we get one of the top Japanese skaters in the west.
    well,since there is no pair in cast this year,
    can I see Takahashi/Tran?

and single skaters are always welcome.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Takahashi/Tran would be sweet for CSOI!
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I would give in and buy a ticket to see T&T

vCash
    My guess is that T&T will be pretty busy touring Japan, so I'd be surprised if they did CSOI. But I'd love to see Mervin in his home town...

vCash
    T/T appeared at the Anaheim SOI. Would they have a separate contract for CSOI?

vCash
    The fanclub has existed in the US for a while now and they're just expanding it into Canada. The main benefits are special advanced order forms where you can order great seats for the next year (typically on ice center ice.. I think there are also some lower bowl center ice) as well as a pre-show meet and greet at each show. It does not involved the whole cast - typically two skaters - and you don't know which ones in advance.. they seem to take turns doing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
    What's up with the new "Stars on Ice Fanclub?" Online store, priority seating, opportunity to meet skaters at Meet and Greet? Is this really true? Is it in every city? Anyone planning to join?
    Well I decided to give it a try. It costs $49.99 per person and I ordered for 2, hoping to surprise my friend. Of course, they confirmed a Meet and Greet for 1, not 2 and now she has to set up an account, then register all over again, therefore surprise impossible! And they'll probably make her pay again, if past experience is any indication. I always have difficulty with them! I get really good seats but the process is never smooth.

vCash
    Kaitlyn Weaver has a blog up:
    http://www.starsonice.com/?content=blog&id=4608

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    It's a teaser to get us to join the Fan Club.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    If we don't get Patrick out west please give us Daisuke or Yuzuru Hanyu.

vCash
    Kurt's been out and about the last two days doing a slew of media for CSOI.

Toronto Star article, in which he breaks the unwelcome (to me) news that he's taken himself out of the guys' number in Canada: Kurt Browning to choreograph Stars on Ice

Daytime Toronto interview (8.5 minutes long): http://www.rogerstv.com/page.aspx?li...d=16&gid=95106

He also appeared on CP24 Breakfast yesterday (the site puts up videos of some segments, hasn't put up the Kurt one yet), CFRA 580 in Ottawa this morning (again, site puts up mp3s but can't find his interview), the 103.5 QMFM Mike and Tara show in Vancouver this morning, and was just on CTV Morning Live in Vancouver.

Also, here's an article from DurhamRegion.com on Virtue & Moir in CSOI: Virtue and Moir lead Stars on Ice into Oshawa

vCash
    Kurt on CTV Morning Live yesterday: http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome

mp3 of Kurt on On Target Ottawa (580 CFRA) this morning: http://www.cfra.com/chum_audio/Kurt_Browning_Apr20.mp3

In the latter, he mentions that he is taking Ilia's role in the guys' transitions in the first half. In the former, he mentions he's trying to get one of the two dance teams to do an overhead lift, if they can do it safely, since they don't have a pairs team this year.

vCash
    I always like seeing the differences between the Canadian and U.S. tours. I'm surprised Kurt is taking himself out of the guys number, so glad I was able to see it twice on the U.S. tour. Not sure if this was posted yet but, I found it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVwYwN0olo4

vCash
    just bought tickets for the toronto show!!! so excited to see the show! maybe I will see some of you there!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Photo of "the girls" tweeted by @WeaverPoje today: http://twitter.com/#!/WeaverPoje/sta...835712/photo/1

Tweeted last night by Ashley Wagner:
    "Survived the first days of rehearsals! These numbers are intense, but the choreography is incredible. So far so good in Halifax"

ETA 2 videos:

Group rehearsal: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=683597598433
    Wagner & Buttle practice a lift off ice: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=683933116053
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-25-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast