vCash

Kostner's Performance at Golden Spin of Zagreb

vCash
    Nice programs, and Carolina looks to be pretty well-conditioned.

I preferred the short over the free. Her spins look improved, notably the layback and flying camel.

While not as brilliant as her last two free skates, I actually liked her version of "Bolero" (there's a little too much stop-an-go for me though). The footwork is great and the choreographic sequence at the end into a 3S is spectacular.

Mirai Nagasu and others can take a page from Carolina's book in hitting that choreographic spiral and with great speed and ice coverage. It leaves a strong lasting impression.

vCash
    Thanks for posting. I too, really like the SP. I think the LP will improve with time; it seemed a bit labored there. I really like the black dress on her-very flattering cut.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Brava! Thank you for posting. I love both programs. Carolina has become an artiste. Can't wait to see a better recording of the programs.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I think her LP has huge potential. I really liked her committment to the choreography. I also really appreciate and respect the fact that year after year she tries to challenge herself with vastly different music choices, some of which require to move in ways that are not native to her - you can say the same thing for only a very few skaters, in any discipline. I agree that has grown into a real artist, though the potential was always there.
    Last edited by shine; 12-16-2012 at 09:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    I think her LP has huge potential. I really liked her committment to the choreography. I also really appreciate and respect the fact that year after year she tries to challenge herself with vasly different music choices, some of which require to move in ways that are not native to her - you can say the same thing for only a very few skaters, in any discipline. I agree that has grown into a real artist, though the potential was always there.

vCash
    Marvelous.

Lori N. Seems to have had an awakening choreographically speaking. This is so a-typical or her. Well done. Super dress as well. I commend her for trying flip and Lutz

vCash
    ADORE the concept behind this LP... Very heavily influenced by the Bejart's own interpretation of bolero (which in itself is wonderful: see here)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    Marvelous.

Lori N. Seems to have had an awakening choreographically speaking. This is so a-typical or her. Well done. Super dress as well. I commend her for trying flip and Lutz
    I doubt it. Lori always creates masterpieces for Carolina that are on another level from everything else she choreographs. Carolina must inspire her, or maybe she's the only one who actually doesn't water down the choreography she gets.

vCash
    I'm tired of Bolero in general, but this LP isn't bad. It actually looks like there's choreography out on the ice as opposed to the versions performed by MK and the Germans S&S.

vCash
    I love the SP. I like the changes in the music and the choreography is great (as always). I generally hate Bolero in any form but this one isn't that bad. I agree; it's one of her more posey programs--lots of stopping--but I love the footwork section. Plus it's really ballsy for her to put the salchow at the very end of the program like that. Both programs will continue to grow and get better.,.but I already like them a lot more than both of Yu-Na's programs...

I honestly wasn't sure if Carolina was coming back or not. Having her in the mix really shakes things up even more, especially if she ups her content. So we've got Mao, Ashley and Akiko in the regular season, with Yu-Na, Carolina and possibly Miki coming in at the end of the season. Worlds is going to be crazy this year...

vCash
    Xanga.com posted this article with a vid last weekend with PJ Kwong interviewing Kostner:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...e-skating.html

vCash
    WOW!

My first viewing I fell in love, the music, the moves, the skater, the choreography, everything perfect. My favorite program thus far of any female skater this season. If skated clean I would make Carolina a 2-time World Champion. Period.

She reminds me of Oksana Baiul, always has since the first time I saw her skate 10 years ago, and she's the only one I know of that has been coined "a diamond" the same way Oksana was coined such. I love the long elegant balletic limbs, the speed, the power, the flow, the moves. Oops, of course I'm talking about "Bolero" (haven't yet watched the SP), a favorite of mine, something I've also always wanted Oksana to skate to, though she did kinda once during the closing number of COI years ago. Just that short clip kept me wanting more, now it has been fulfilled by Carolina.

Regal, magestic, what a masterpiece, suits Carolina perfectly, as if written just for her.

Can't wait till Worlds.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAROLINA!!!!

vCash
    I honestly wasn't sure if Carolina was coming back or not. Having her in the mix really shakes things up even more, especially if she ups her content.
    I'm also not sure this content will get her another title (unless the other ladies have a splatfest). She is giving away points in both programs by having only 1 lutz and 1 flip between the two programs. In the SP, 3T-3T will hold up against the ladies who double the second jump in the combo, but 3T-3T and 3Lo is giving away a lot of base points to the ladies who manage 3F and 3Lz with a 3T on the back of the combination. I assume the free is meant to have 7 triples, but the jumps she is repeating are toe and salchow, so she is again giving away points to the ladies who repeat the lutz or flip.

I was a bit surprised to see PCS marks in the 7s for a reigning WC, but maybe the panel was just tough. She did seem a bit slower than before, but it is hard to really say from youtube videos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    I think her LP has huge potential. I really liked her committment to the choreography. I also really appreciate and respect the fact that year after year she tries to challenge herself with vastly different music choices, some of which require to move in ways that are not native to her - you can say the same thing for only a very few skaters, in any discipline. I agree that has grown into a real artist, though the potential was always there.
    I couldn't explain my feelings about this program better. Thank you. I love the whole Bejart's concept translated on the ice, in her very own way. The second part is just brilliant, I hope she can fill in the first part as well as she will be more confortable with jumps.
    CaroFan™