Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    [*]Glass Flowers. By the time you get to Harvard, this will probably be closed, so you'll probably have to come back the next day, but one must-see thing on the Harvard campus is the glass flowers - tourists from the world over make a special detour here and never leave disappointed.
    Wow, I had never even heard of these, but I will definitely go see them the next time I visit. Thanks for the tip!
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Aw gee..no one suggested coming over to SCOB ( The Skating Club of Boston)
    We have a dandy little museum upstairs with classic skating art and posters, cups and medals from the Owens family ( Maribel Vinson, Lawrence, etc) Tenley Albright etc. and we're right down the road from Harvard.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icecat View Post
    Aw gee..no one suggested coming over to SCOB ( The Skating Club of Boston)
    You just did.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    [*]Glass Flowers. By the time you get to Harvard, this will probably be closed, so you'll probably have to come back the next day, but one must-see thing on the Harvard campus is the glass flowers - tourists from the world over make a special detour here and never leave disappointed.
    Thank you for mentioning the Harvard U. museums - my late father built a lot of the cabinets there in the 60's, 70's and early 80's!

Enjoy! And don't forget to laugh out loud for me whenever you hear the Boston accent.
    What accent?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    Thank you for mentioning the Harvard U. museums - my late father built a lot of the cabinets there in the 60's, 70's and early 80's!
    The cabinets are actually something of note. They're are very nicely done. I went to this museum some time in my teen years, and I actually remember the cabinets, that's how nice they are.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash

What accent?
    It has to do with pahkin ya cah in Havahd Yahd. The lack of the letter R in conversation. I have to admit, I am glad I don't have the Boston accent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    It has to do with pahkin ya cah in Havahd Yahd. The lack of the letter R in conversation. I have to admit, I am glad I don't have the Boston accent.
    Actually, to be correct, that would be "Pahkin ya cahrin Hahvahd Yahd." When you have an R before a vowel sound, it is pronounced, and the words are often joined, thus "car in" becomes "cahrin", not "cah in".
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    That's no accent - that's how nawmul people talk. You oughta heah me say:

Clahk the aahdvahk drinks Cutty Sahk in the Dahk

(once spoken by a Boston cop on David Letterman's list of top 10 things to say with a Boston accent - except it's no accent. The rest of you all have an accent.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I for one am glad that I do! (except it's not an accent - see post above)

vCash
    I am happy that I have a Boston accent. It sets me off nicely from all these folks from New Joisey that I work with. How YOU doin'? You from Jersey? I'm from Jersey! Which exit?

Actually, I love accents of all types, and we all have one. It's one of the things that make language more interesting.

vCash

(once spoken by a Boston cop on David Letterman's list of top 10 things to say with a Boston accent - except it's no accent. The rest of you all have an accent.)
    "Clark the aardvark went to the park after dark and drank Cutty Sark with Marky Mark."

vCash

()
    uh, i just spent the whole weekend in boston and still can't figure out what this means.

i had a FABULOUS weekend. lots of walking, lots of eating, lots of coffee/cakes...mmm...north end pastries. Boston isn't an obvious city for tourists - not much to "do" as a tourist in the winter, unlike NYC - but it is a city i could see myself living in. the standard of living would be incredible.

the weather was horribly cold. i'm from toronto, and i can handle the cold - sunday must have been -20 to -30. it was very uncomfortable. my friends from argentina were dying.

i took a lot of all of your recommendations - you are all very kind for helping me out. i love FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    uh, i just spent the whole weekend in boston and still can't figure out what this means.

i had a FABULOUS weekend. lots of walking, lots of eating, lots of coffee/cakes...mmm...north end pastries. Boston isn't an obvious city for tourists - not much to "do" as a tourist in the winter, unlike NYC - but it is a city i could see myself living in. the standard of living would be incredible.

the weather was horribly cold. i'm from toronto, and i can handle the cold - sunday must have been -20 to -30. it was very uncomfortable. my friends from argentina were dying.

i took a lot of all of your recommendations - you are all very kind for helping me out. i love FSU.
    Saturday was very cold with killer wind chill. It's been trending warm most of the winter - sorry you didn't get better weather.

Clark the Aardvark drinks Cutty Sark (whiskey) in the dark.

Love the Marky Mark reference above, too! (He goes by Mark Wahlberg nowadays, for you younger readers.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12