Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    How about pre - Zayak rule?

I'm sure Elaine did 7 triple skates a few times, possibly at 80 worlds, 81 nationals, and 81 worlds.

Also, Sanda Dubravcic from Yugoslavia did an 8 triple program IIRC in the late 70s / early 80s.

What about Sarah Hughes.

I think she may have done them at 99 Worlds, 01 Worlds and the 02 OG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    What about Sarah Hughes.

I think she may have done them at 99 Worlds, 01 Worlds and the 02 OG.
    Yes, and in the second LP at the 2001-2 Grand Prix Final.

vCash
    Surya Bonaly had some 7 triples performances : 1989 Worlds (some mistakes), 1993 Worlds, 1994 Worlds, 1995 Worlds ...
    Lu Chen also had some at the beginning of her career : 1991 Junior Worlds, IIRC.
    Last edited by briancoogaert; 01-10-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    7 triples performances
    Lu Chen also had some at the beginning of her career : 1991 Junior Worlds, IIRC.
    Senior Worlds in fact. Or maybe both. She finished 12th at seniors.
    Last edited by orientalplane; 01-10-2012 at 11:08 PM. Reason: I'm stupid
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Falling Dance beat me to it, but Sarah did land 7 triples in her GP Final free skate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DByQzbP0pwM

Had she skated this program at the Olys (and Slutskaya and Kwan faltered), I think she still could've won gold: 2A+3T+SEQ, 3S+3Lo, two 3Lz, and a gorgeous spiral into 3Lo.

Say what you want about Sarah (and I'm not a fan), but she was regularly and reliably delivered six triple programs.

Here's a good seven triple attempt from Julia Sebestyen with spectacular jumps (minus the loop)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA8SeKBwx5c

And one from Alisa Drei but poor quality jumps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWYNAULzExA

vCash
    Miki Ando's had several 7-triple performances:

~ 2004 Campbell's (fall)

~ 2004 NHK Trophy

~ 2005 GPF LP (last triple didn't count though)

~ 2007 Worlds LP

She also had quite a bit of 6-triple programs last season!

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post

And one from Alisa Drei but poor quality jumps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWYNAULzExA
    It was nice revisiting this program, though. Simple choreography, but beautifully phrased and it's great to see someone truly skate to their potential like this Especially impressive since she's hurt her knee in the short program on a disastrous crash on the triple lutz and just skated right through the pain.

vCash
    Zayak did 7 triples in several programs, in the 1980/82 period.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AznSkateFan View Post
    Miki Ando's had several 7-triple performances:

~ 2004 Campbell's (fall)

~ 2004 NHK Trophy

~ 2005 GPF LP (last triple didn't count though)

~ 2007 Worlds LP
    2006 Skate America is another.

vCash
    If we excluded programs with wrong edges on lutzes on flips Kwan wouldn't make the list. Sarah wouldn't make it either since her jumps were severely underrotated.

Cohen did clean seven triples at 2003 Worlds QR and 2004 Marshall's Challenge.

Arakawa did clean seven triples at 2004 Worlds.

Meissner at 2006 Worlds but she had lip and underrotated triple-triples. She did it also on a few other occasions.

Slutskaya did A LOT of 7 and 6 triples programs throughout her long career. Off the top of my head:

1996 Euros (6 triples)
    1997 Worlds (6 triples with 3S+3Lo)
    1999-2000 GPF 1st FS (6 triples)
    1999-2000 GPF 2nd FS (7 triples with 3Lz+3Lo and 3S+3Lo)
    2000 Euros (6 triples)
    2001 Goodwill Games (6 triples with 3S+3Lo and doubled 3Lz)
    2002-2003 GPF 1st FS (6 triples)
    2000-2001 Nationals (7 triples with 3Lz+3Lo)
    2004 Marshall's Challenge (6 triples)
    2005 Worlds (7 triples with 3Lz+3Lo)
    2004 Marshall's World Cup (6 triples)
    2005 CoR (7 triples with 3S+3Lo+2T)

vCash
    According to this: http://heatherw.com/mk/jump/bytriples.htm
    Michelle Kwan landed 6 or more triples 42 times during her career. The only discrepancy I have with the list is that at 94 GWG Kwan landed 7 triples, not 6. (see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDQpZjkVUvU)

So that's 12 7-triple programs and 30 6-triple programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Zayak did 7 triples in several programs, in the 1980/82 period.
    I don't think Elaine ever landed all 7 cleanly. She did several 6-triple programs, though, most notably when she won the WC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartek View Post
    If we excluded programs with wrong edges on lutzes on flips Kwan wouldn't make the list. Sarah wouldn't make it either since her jumps were severely underrotated.

since when did cohen not flutz

and shizuka DID underrotate one of her triple-triple combos in her 2004 worlds lp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    since when did cohen not flutz

and shizuka DID underrotate one of her triple-triple combos in her 2004 worlds lp
    And Shizuka had a pretty heavy lip.

If you're going for 100% correct technique on jumps, this is probably the best example of a 7-triple program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8va2i2vENw

It's hard to see from that angle, but I do think she was able to keep her free foot off the ice on the second 3t.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartek View Post

Meissner at 2006 Worlds but she had lip and underrotated triple-triples. She did it also on a few other occasions.

Slutskaya did A LOT of 7 and 6 triples programs throughout her long career. Off the top of my head:

1996 Euros (6 triples)
    1997 Worlds (6 triples with 3S+3Lo)
    1999-2000 GPF 1st FS (6 triples)
    1999-2000 GPF 2nd FS (7 triples with 3Lz+3Lo and 3S+3Lo)
    2000 Euros (6 triples)
    2001 Goodwill Games (6 triples with 3S+3Lo and doubled 3Lz)
    2002-2003 GPF 1st FS (6 triples)
    2000-2001 Nationals (7 triples with 3Lz+3Lo)
    2004 Marshall's Challenge (6 triples)
    2005 Worlds (7 triples with 3Lz+3Lo)
    2004 Marshall's World Cup (6 triples)
    2005 CoR (7 triples with 3S+3Lo+2T)
    I like how you put the disclaimer against Kwan, but then proceed to list Cohen who has an even worse flutz than Kwan could ever muster (some say it's Bobek-esque). Slute's lutz is also like Kwan's in that she tended to lean over to the inside edge right before take-off. Granted her lutz might be more correct than Kwan's but it's hardly textbook outside edge. We tend to have ladies skaters who either lip or flutz. Rochette has correct take-offs due to her cleaning up her technique, but who else in recent years has had consistently correct take-offs and was able to cleanly land 6-7 triples (with both a flip and a lutz)?
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    but who else in recent years has had consistently correct take-offs and was able to cleanly land 6-7 triples (with both a flip and a lutz)?
    Flatt!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I like how you put the disclaimer against Kwan, but then proceed to list Cohen who has an even worse flutz than Kwan could ever muster (some say it's Bobek-esque). Slute's lutz is also like Kwan's in that she tended to lean over to the inside edge right before take-off. Granted her lutz might be more correct than Kwan's but it's hardly textbook outside edge. We tend to have ladies skaters who either lip or flutz. Rochette has correct take-offs due to her cleaning up her technique, but who else in recent years has had consistently correct take-offs and was able to cleanly land 6-7 triples (with both a flip and a lutz)?
    You misunderstood me. I mentioned Kwan flutz IN ORDER to mention Cohen, Arakawa and Meissner because I knew that if had mentioned one of them without mentioning Kwan's flutz someone certainly would've said that Cohen flutzed and/or Arakawa/Meissner liped so they shouldn't be counted here at all. I wanted to have a response before people pointed out Cohen's flutz or Arakawa/Meissner's lip. My response is - Kwan flutzed throughout her whole career so if she can be counted here, Cohen, Arakawa and Meissner can be counted too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    Flatt!

What would you say was her best performance? I really want to give her a chance. I really want to like her. I just..don't like anything about her skating.

vCash
    There are so many ways to look at this.

If you look at number of planned triples v. executed per program......I bet Tara would be right up there. For the most part when she planned a program, she executed it.

Just raw numbers, I would assume Michell and Irina would top the list.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    What would you say was her best performance? I really want to give her a chance. I really want to like her. I just..don't like anything about her skating.
    Oh, I don't care for her skating, either. I was just pointing out that she got a true lutz (even if the entry is not pleasant looking) at some point in 2009 and got several 6-7 triple long programs in with it. Still, I think her best ever performance was at the World Jr Championships in 2008 when she won.

I think it's interesting that CoP's intentions with the "e" mark were to get skaters to learn the correct entries, however, 99% of the skaters either chose to skip whichever (flip or lutz) jump they had an edge problem with. Flatt is the 1% who actually fixed hers. Miki had the flip in for a while, but then relegated it to the sp only before dumping it entirely. Rochette began reworking hers in 03/04 before CoP. Anyone else?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast