Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Teenage Mutant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123
    I am just thinking that she will need months of muscle training/PT to get that C-Section tummy back into the dancing strength shape
    Apparently Beyonce gave birth naturally. Jay-Z also released a song about the new baby:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...=entertainment

I guess the song reveals that Beyonce previously had a miscarriage
    Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

Go Denmark!
    vCash
    in Denmark too, there are certain names you can't choose for your child - such as names for popular cartoon characters, or names spelled really silly. The welfare of the child ranks above the parents right to choose.

Some years ago, a woman wanted to name her son Christophpher (in Danish, the name can be normally spelled with 'ph' or 'ff'). She paid fines and everything until she changed it.

that being said, I don't Blue Ivy is that strange

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I don't really know Lenox. Is it off the beaten path?
    It's in Harlem.

vCash
    I think Ivy Blue Carter would sound a lot better, but by putting the adjective first, it makes it sound like a phrase not a name, and it's distracting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalle View Post
    I think Ivy Blue Carter would sound a lot better, but by putting the adjective first, it makes it sound like a phrase not a name, and it's distracting.
    The two vowel sounds (oo-ai) running into each other make it not as pleasing to my ears as the reverse, but her parents evidently like it, so I hope that little Blue Ivy does, too. If not, she can always change it to something different when she's older.

vCash
    'Blue Ivy' sounds like the name of a place. "Hey, lets meet up at the Blue Ivy for drinks tonight", or "I'll book a room for 3 days and 2 nights at the Blue Ivy."

She will end up being referred to just as 'Blue' (or even B.I.) for most of her life anyway.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    'Blue Ivy' sounds like the name of a place. "Hey, lets meet up at the Blue Ivy for drinks tonight", or "I'll book a room for 3 days and 2 nights at the Blue Ivy."

She will end up being referred to just as 'Blue' (or even B.I.) for most of her life anyway.
    or "BI-yonce", even scarier.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    It's in Harlem.
    More the Upper East side no? It's on E. 77th street. There could be an affiliate from the same hospital system in Harlem though.

The hospital was definitely in the wrong there - especially for NICU access. I can't believe they hadn't planned better. I'm also curious why it was even such an issue unless the NICU and well baby nurseries were immediately adjoining, but that's not been the case in my experience. Unless Blue Ivy was actually there for some reason?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    No, you didn't. Not really.
    Yes, really.

Demon Barber
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    More the Upper East side no? It's on E. 77th street. There could be an affiliate from the same hospital system in Harlem though.
    Yes, it's on the Upper East Side - hoity toity - not at all Harlem. Lenox Hill hospital is not on Lenox Ave (which is Harlem).

Banned Member
    vCash
    One of the names I considered for Mini Ice was a common enough Israeli name for boys. However, in this country it's instantly recognizable as a girl's name AND a Disney princess . Relatives petitioned me to think it over. I did research and found a little boy, around 10 years old with that name. He told me he was teased relentlessly.

So I dropped it. What was I thinking?
    I'm assuming the name "Ariel"? Lion of god. One of my close friends named her son Ariel and he goes by Ari.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    I'm assuming the name "Ariel"? Lion of god. One of my close friends named her son Ariel and he goes by Ari.
    I love that name Ari. Used to love it, that is until Ari Emanuel ruined it for me.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalle View Post
    ^^this^^

vCash

Watch out, Sarah Palin!

Even made it's way into the Ellen Degeneres show, where Ellen reveals to her audiance that there is a "Celebrity Baby Name Generator" available, (similar to the Sarah Palin Baby Name Generator, though this was never mentioned on her show). Two names that came up if she & partner Portia DeRossi were to have kids were:
    Elbow Gas Lamp & Banjo Fire Escape Any worse than Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    No. Harlem Hospital is an HHC hospital; Lennox Hill is not. Harlem is part of the Generations Plus network in Northern Manhattan/South Bronx which also includes Lincoln Hospital & Metropolitan Hospital.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    One of the names I considered for Mini Ice was a common enough Israeli name for boys. However, in this country it's instantly recognizable as a girl's name AND a Disney princess .
    Ariel, by chance? I have an aunt named Ariel, and she's from the Sephardic Jewish branch of my family.

vCash
    ^ One of my cousins is named Ariel. And yes, he is a guy. He was born in Israel though so I am sure it wasn't an issue when he was named.

I know quite a few males with names like Ashley, Dana, Lesley. And I know a couple of female Charlie's. I have to admit I am no fond of their names.

vCash
    Ariel can be a male name in Spanish speaking countries too.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genegri View Post
    I know quite a few males with names like Ashley, Dana, Lesley.
    Ashley, Dana, Lesley/Leslie and Vivian were all male names long before they were given to girls.

I couldn't use Ari for a boy but that's because I'm an NCIS fan. Imagine having to explain the two-part episode called "Kill Ari I & II"....

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I know a male Ariel. I think it's a very nice name.

I also like Blue. Agree that Blue Ivy has a strange ring to it, but honestly, are people really going to be calling the kid by her first and middle names all the time? That's pretty rare. Blue Carter sounds fine.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast