Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2012!

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jobelle View Post
    Felix Hernandez. Perfect Game. That is all.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    I hope it's not overshadowed by Melky Cabrera's positive drug test.

Dammit, Melky. I power voted you to the All-Star game.

Meh.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    You were the first one I thought of when the news about Melky broke PL. Stupid!!

Here's hoping the Perfect Game will overshadow Melky's stupidity and Congratulations to Hernandez on one incredable achievement!!!

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    I don't have cable so I don't know what's happening on tv, but Felix is still the top story on ESPN mobile.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    My mlb.tv feed must be about one minute behind the actual game, cuz I just got spoiled on twitter. It was a good spoil, so it's cool.

Also, the Astros and Cubs are apparently mathematically eliminated now. Both due to the Giants. I used to be huge fans of both those teams (and will still root for the Cubs, should they ever make the post-season again), so it's sad to see them out of it this early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    My mlb.tv feed must be about one minute behind the actual game, cuz I just got spoiled on twitter. It was a good spoil, so it's cool.

Also, the Astros and Cubs are apparently mathematically eliminated now. Both due to the Giants. I used to be huge fans of both those teams (and will still root for the Cubs, should they ever make the post-season again), so it's sad to see them out of it this early.
    Cubs are about three years away from fixing the mess they are in. But with Epstein and Hoyer in charge, they at least have sound management to guide them for once.

Frankly, it would be outstanding for Baseball if the Cubs could win it all. In the past 8 years, we've had jinxes elminated for the Red Sox, White Sox and Giants. All MLB needs is for the Indians and Cubs to win and all the jinxes will be gone.

vCash

Thumbs up

Had my 1st visit to the $650,000,000 Marlins Park last night.

1) As a baseball team the Marlins are bad. They fell behind early, fought their way to a lead, then their relief pitching blew it in the 8th. They tried to rally in the 9th, but couldn't.

2) This is sad, because they play in one of the most impressive buildings I've ever been in. It is one of the sports gems, IMO, and a welcome addition to the South Florida sports scene & the area in general. Marlins Park is beautiful, airy and spacious, fan friendly and a delightful place to view the sport it was built for. It offers one amenity I've never seen in any other sports arena: a kiosk that serves nothing but gluten free products, including beer (Red Bridge & Omission). Since I've been a celiac since at least 1980 this is huge. Watching the game while gnawing on a hot dog and slurping a beer is what it's all about, IMO...

3) Parking can be a pain, but I found a place to park very close to Marlin's Park for less than the Marlin's going rate. I had no problems getting in or out, plus I got to take a short walk in East Little Havana. Most places seem to be run by folks from El Salvador. It ain't the richest part of town. I had no problems at all. Most area residence seemed glad to have folks going to the game. Plus, about half of the City of Miami PD were on the scene. All was peaceful and friendly. I can see this place eventually helping the area. It may take awhile, but it looks like it actually could happen. I hope so.

4) I'd heard that it was a very Spanish oriented building. English signage was rare. Not so. English seems to predominate, but, the stadium & it's surrounds are appropriately bi-lingual, as Miami should be. I had zero problems in that regard. I don't think anyone will. they've done a superior job for everyone.

I've more to say, but I'm still trying to sort it all out. To say I was favorably impressed is an understatement. I did not know what to make of the place, but my feelings before going were somewhat negative. No more. I love Marlin's Park. I think that it will eventually become one of the jewels of Miami and of the sport itself. It is that good.

NJL

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Cubs are about three years away from fixing the mess they are in. But with Epstein and Hoyer in charge, they at least have sound management to guide them for once.

Frankly, it would be outstanding for Baseball if the Cubs could win it all. In the past 8 years, we've had jinxes elminated for the Red Sox, White Sox and Giants. All MLB needs is for the Indians and Cubs to win and all the jinxes will be gone.

Went to the Nats Cubs game last night. It was a home run derby. Cubs have to do something about pitching. Man, they went through a gazillion pitchers. Usually in DC, there are a ton of Cubs fans in attendance, and you see almost as much blue as red. Not so much last night. I do like the Cubbies (unless they are playing the Nats).

Still holding my breath here in DC. I am going to Atlanta to the Nats Braves game on the 16th.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJLeonard View Post

I've more to say, but I'm still trying to sort it all out. To say I was favorably impressed is an understatement. I did not know what to make of the place, but my feelings before going were somewhat negative. No more. I love Marlin's Park. I think that it will eventually become one of the jewels of Miami and of the sport itself. It is that good.

NJL
    I like that whacked out sculpture thing in center field. Very voidy.

Speaking of the Cubs, I was watching the Cubs/Giants game on WGN over the weekend and there were EMPTY SEATS at Wrigley. I can't remember the last time I saw that.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Speaking of the Cubs, I was watching the Cubs/Giants game on WGN over the weekend and there were EMPTY SEATS at Wrigley. I can't remember the last time I saw that.

I know, I tried to get tickets at Wrigley for several season to no avail.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    It's September and the Orioles are tied for 1st place. I'm scared to think too far ahead.

Sad part is, I haven't paid attention to baseball in at least 5 years or so. Not only do I not know who most of the Orioles are, I don't know much about the rest of the players. I should brush up in case....well....if it's...um...ever needed.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    It's September and the Orioles are tied for 1st place. I'm scared to think too far ahead.

Sad part is, I haven't paid attention to baseball in at least 5 years or so. Not only do I not know who most of the Orioles are, I don't know much about the rest of the players. I should brush up in case....well....if it's...um...ever needed.
    I've often thought that about the Mariners--keeping up with the players just in case. I know King Felix and that, alas, has been sufficient lately.

BTW, I used to live in Maryland when I was a kid and rooted for the Orioles when they played Pittsburgh in the world series.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxygirl View Post
    BTW, I used to live in Maryland when I was a kid and rooted for the Orioles when they played Pittsburgh in the world series.
    I have vague memories of the 79 WS. I remember not knowing anything about what the WS was, and when people were all abuzz about the Orioles going to the WS, I first thought it was something that went on for months, lol.

I think I jinxed the Orioles. Maybe I shouldn't post anything optimistic until...um...ever?

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I think this could be one of the most exciting Pennant Races in years. So much is so close and undecided.

For those of us w/teams out of it and who adore Baseball, it's gonna be fun!!!

For those w/teams in the hunt...Good Luck and remember that Vacumn Cleaners are our friends to clean up the stuffing after you've torn that pillow or Teddy Bear to pieces.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Whatever happens, I'm happy that it's fun to watch the Phillies again. Because it wasn't for much of the season. And when your team is spending eleventy billion dollars on payroll, last place is a tough pill to swallow.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I heart my Reds.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Giants/Reds for NL Playoffs!

With the Giants winning in four, of course.

And the Giants winning the World Series on my birthday, naturally.

engaged to dupa
    vCash

Dream on, sweet thing.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash

Your team all ready won two years ago. Time for some new blood to win the World Series....RED blood!!! GO REDS!!!!!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Dream on, sweet thing.

I'm going to be in San Francisco the weekend the playoffs start. But my friend is getting married. I suppose I have to go to the wedding.

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast