Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2012!

vCash
    All-Star Game selections? I was pleased the Giants got four (Buster, Panda, Melky & Cain), but bummed the Madison Bumgarner was not selected.

For the record, Panda thought David Wright should've made it. And I would've put Bryce Harper on the team as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    All-Star Game selections? I was pleased the Giants got four (Buster, Panda, Melky & Cain), but bummed the Madison Bumgarner was not selected.

For the record, Panda thought David Wright should've made it. And I would've put Bryce Harper on the team as well.
    I read somewhere that La Russa let slip that Harper and Chipper Jones will be on the NL team. But this might be because they are both among the five players up for the fans' vote. Kansas City is the only stadium Chipper's never played in so I hope he'll get this opportunity in his final season.

Martin Prado should be a reserve. He's been really good but for some reason only Braves' fans seem aware of his existence.

vCash
    I just wanted to say I voted for Yu Darvish well over 300 times for the All Star Game and I'm so happy he's in .

I actually hit my daily tweet limit today trying to get my last votes in

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Anyone else watching The Home Run Derby?

What a show so far!! I've lost count of the Splashdowns in the Fountain though.

Getting nervous for my boy Jose Bautista.

Oh and talking about ALG voting, I did a stupid thing. Got in all of my votes, hit Enter for my very last one and that...*That*...Is the moment I think, "OMG...Why didn't I think to put Colby Rasumussen for a write in vote for the AL?"

Dumb, dumb move!!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Prince Fielder is a beast. I'm SOOOO glad he's out of the NL Central now!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I watched it inbetween Chef Ramsey's shows (Hell's Kitchen & American's Next Master Chef). Made sure to watch shen Bautista was swinging the bat and seeing his first round I was just WOW. Was so happy he made the final against Fielder but after seeing what Fielder put up I knew that Prince would win it. Kudos to my man Jose for contributing big time with those golden ball home runs!!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    All-Star Game selections? For the record, Panda thought David Wright should've made it. And I would've put Bryce Harper on the team as well.
    Well, at least Wright got on the team, even if he won't be a starter...

vCash
    Weaver should've started...10-1 with a sub .200 era.

I hope Trout gets some playing time. Trumbo too, but esp. Trout.
    Last edited by Cloudy_Gumdrops; 07-11-2012 at 02:05 AM.

vCash
    Verlander gets shelled.

And if one more person whines about Matt Cain starting, I am going to hurt someone. The man threw a perfect game and has been awesome most of the season.

ETA: Melky!
    Last edited by PrincessLeppard; 07-11-2012 at 02:30 AM.

vCash
    That's puzzled me too PL, as you said, he's pitched a perfect game and had a great first half, so why wouldn't he be the NL starting pitcher?

Oh and I forgot in my post last night to say Thank You for the push to get Melky into the All Star Game. I don't know as much or hear as much about the guys in the NL as I do for the AL for obvious reasons, so it's a bit tougher making my NL picks on the ballot due to that. However you not only asked us to vote for Melky, but also why we should. When the guy's putting up the stats like Melky's been doing, I have no problem following through on a request from someone to help get a deserving player from their team into the All Star Game.

Deb, I think we need to say kudos to *all* of the guys who hit Gold Ball Homers last night. They, MLB and State Farm gave a "huge" and badly needed in these ecomomic times donation to the Boys and Girls Clubs. WTG to all of them!!

BTW...Do we have a final tally on how many Homers were Splashdowns in the Fountain pool? I lost count after eight.

vCash
    I have no idea what the Panda said in response to the Verlander question.

vCash
    Trout got a hit and a walk and Weaver pitched a scoreless inning. Trumbo struck out twice, but all in all, the Angels guys did pretty well.

I wish Wilson wasn't hurt and would've gotten a chance to pitch too, but whatevs.

vCash
    I wish CJ could've pitched so I could watch the pretty.

I hate it when interviewers don't clue in that a person's English isn't the best. But congrats to Melky! Well deserved!

eta: That is a pretty sweet car.

vCash
    On the 25th Buck Martinez and Pat Tabler, the Jays play by play team for the TV broadcasts on Rogers Sportsnet, will be doing the Edge Walk on the CN Tower as a fund raiser for the Jays Care Foundation. They're also going to be joined by the person who ends up being the top donor in funds raised once the campaign's finished.

More over at...

Jays Care Foundation

Or I guess I could describe this the way that Buck just did. How two stupid knuckleheads are doing this to raise money for the Jays Care Foundation.

Information just what Edge Walk is

Better them than me...
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 07-14-2012 at 01:30 AM.

vCash
    And injury woes for my beloved Jays continues to pile higher. Now it's Bautista. Sheesh, has someone put a curse on them this season or what?
    Crazy about sports!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    The injury bug is visiting my Reds again and boy was I hoping it would jump over us this time after we lost both Rolen and Stubbs to it earlier this year. Now it's Joey Votto who's on the DL after having minor knee surgery to fix an injury he got when the guys were in SF last month. He thought it wasn't anything serious but then it wasn't getting any better and kept bothering him. He got it more thoroughly checked out yesterday and that's where they discovered a meniscus tear and went ahead with surgery today. Apparently everything went great and he could be back sometime within 2-4 weeks. Hopefully my Reds hang in there until he comes back and figure out ways to keep winning. I will definitely miss seeing Joey play but I have faith that my guys will hang in there. Go Reds!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    So the Brewers have the sausage race. The Diamondbacks race famous former players. The Pirates race pierogies. (sp?) The Nationals race former presidents.

I was at a Rockies game on Monday. You know what they race? A toothbrush, toothpaste and something else I don't remember. Really? Lame.

vCash
    Ichiro traded to the YANKEES?

vCash
    Ichiro traded to the YANKEES?
    This really sucks. Yankees, ugh. Best wishes to Ichiro for the rest of his career.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Poor Ichiro.

After all the moves today, I think the trade market is going to be crazy from now until the July 31st trading deadline.

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast