Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2012!

vCash
    The Giants are webcasting an intra-squad game today. Trying to figure out how to work it into my lesson plans

I thought I'd missed it. It's tomorrow. Wheee!
    Last edited by PrincessLeppard; 02-29-2012 at 10:51 PM.

vCash
    Heading off to Mets spring training tomorrow! I'll keep you all posted- hopefully I can sneak out of my office from time to time and catch a game or two. It would be a shame to travel all that way just to rot in a ballpark office, wouldn't it!

vCash
    A swarm of bees stopped the Giants game today for 41 minutes.

I hope it's not an omen.

At least it wasn't locusts....

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    A swarm of bees stopped the Giants game today for 41 minutes.
    I knew there was something hiding in that beard.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    He wasn't even playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    1908! Hey I'm a Cubs fan! I've waited this long. I figure they have 19 more years to go before I find another team!
    Actually, it was 1945, Tigers and Hank Greenberg won in 7 games. Itr was the last WS the Cubs have played in....

vCash
    The Beard pitched today. One inning. Nine pitches. One hit. Six pitches for strikes.

vCash
    The Beard pitched today. One inning. Nine pitches. One hit. Six pitches for strikes.

And most importantly, he hit 94 mph on his fastball.

vCash
    Hi All from Port St Lucie. I feel bad I have not had any Mets voids to contribute- I'm in the executive offices all day- I haven't even seen a game and I've been here 2 weeks! Then again, considering how our games are going, I guess I can wait til the regular season LOL Heading back to NYC tomorrow, but if I DO have any voids, I'll let you know!

vCash
    Saw The Beard pitch today. Also, Tim Lincecum and Javier Lopez.

Off to second game of the day in a few.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I guess it was inevitable that my Reds couldn't stay in their protective injury-free bubble forever but finding out our new closer Ryan Madson has to have Tommy John surgery was bad news that I did NOT need to hear this weekend. The poor guy is devastated that he won't be able to help his new team this year and now we have to figure out who's closing games for us this season. Oy. Hopefully that's the only injury we have for the rest of spring training and the bullpen is still fine.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I guess it was inevitable that my Reds couldn't stay in their protective injury-free bubble forever but finding out our new closer Ryan Madson has to have Tommy John surgery was bad news that I did NOT need to hear this weekend. The poor guy is devastated that he won't be able to help his new team this year and now we have to figure out who's closing games for us this season. Oy. Hopefully that's the only injury we have for the rest of spring training and the bullpen is still fine.
    I was so sorry to hear this as well. I've followed Madson since he was a rookie and he's done a lot for the Phillies- I was sad to see him go but hoping he'd do an awesome job. I guess I'm glad in retrospect that we didn't sign him since we already have a couple of our key guys injured , but overall, I'm really bummed for him.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffClair1979 View Post
    Hi All from Port St Lucie. I feel bad I have not had any Mets voids to contribute- I'm in the executive offices all day- I haven't even seen a game and I've been here 2 weeks! Then again, considering how our games are going, I guess I can wait til the regular season LOL Heading back to NYC tomorrow, but if I DO have any voids, I'll let you know!
    Did you spend time in Port St Lucie last year?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    The Reds are about thisclose to signing my fave guy Joey Votto to a long term extension of some sort and make him a Red for life. HOLY CRAP, please let this happen before I head to GABP tomorrow night for our Spring Showcase exhibition game so I can scream my head off even more for him and the other guys!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I thought it was a done deal?

The Giants locked up Matt Cain for five years. And their team plane has a beard on it.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    I thought it was a done deal?

The Giants locked up Matt Cain for five years. And their team plane has a beard on it.
    Well, the talking baseball heads all think it's a done deal but we Reds fans are waiting to hear from our actual GM, owner, and the player himself before we start jumping up and down about anything, LOL

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I watch CTV Toronto for my news as CTV Northern Ontario just plain sucks anymore. Anyway...Lance Brown announced it as a done deal for Joey last night, so I'm assuming it is.

Sportsnet's been doing Jays Up Close the last month and we saw one on the weekend that had Dad and I just killing ourselves laughing at. Buck Martinez went out fishing for snapper w/Jose Bautista and Ricky Romero and...Well... The sea was way too rough once they got out, so they decided to go back close to shore. The boys had decided to take a nap on the way out, so Buck was showing them laid out on the couch in the cabin and saying, "This is no longer the "Fishing w/the Jays" show, but the "How to nap like the Jays" show."

Then when they finally get the lines in the water, Buck's the only one to catch anything and it wasn't too much to boast about either. Maybe the length of his hand. Maybe. To say Ricky and Jose had a blast giving him a hard time over that is an understatement.

No Jays tonight, but Sportsnet West is showing the Cards vs the Marlins. So Dad'll be happy there's *some* Baseball on.

The most important thing though? W/the exception of the A's and Mariners who already started their Seasons, the rest of our teams are all Number One at the moment.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    WEEEEEEE!!!! Joey is officially a Red for a very long time!

Link: http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...news|text|Reds

vCash
    I hope, for your sake , that he doesn't pull a Barry Zito and just suck money out of the club while, well, just generally sucking.

I saw a quote that said something like Barry is the most expensive batting practice pitcher ever.

Which, from what I saw at spring training, continues to be true. He was trying to mimic Tim Lincecum's pitching motion. It wasn't pretty.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    While I'd really rather not be sick... if I have to be sick, it might as well be a day when opening day baseball will be on my TV!

We have a TV at work so I could have watched it in the office, too.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast