Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2012!

vCash
    I didnt see any of the game. Which is probably fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I didnt see any of the game. Which is probably fine.
    You should thank your friend for being so considerate with the scheduling of her wedding...

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Stop mentioning Nats and World Series in the same sentence. No jinxing.
    Game 1 was a nail biter. But at least we will come home no worse than 1-1.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    My heart can't handle the post season with my fave team. Ex: The Reds put two runs on the board a few innings ago and I completely burst into tears that they then a four run lead. Man, I forgot how much the post season just wrenches your heart both in good and bad ways and as excited as I am for my guys, I am also aware that it's still awfully early to get too over excited about anything. I think the sting of being swept and perfect game-d two years ago in the NLDS is still burning hot for me so every single game they get closer to overcoming that disappointment is SO amazing. I love this team!!!

MORE RUNS!!! And there go the tears again....the post season is going to kill me, LMAO

((((Orioles)))) They started off SO great but totally fell apart in the ninth inning. Get them tomorrow guys!!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Watch me move
    vCash
    Heather, I was watching that 5-run inning and wondering if you were going to survive it
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    So I didn't get to watch any of the Giants/Reds game yesterday, either, due to being on flight, but that was probably okay since the Giants apparently sent out their single A team.

Since I will actually be able to watch Tuesday, I'm hoping they remember how to play.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Man, I forgot how much the post season just wrenches your heart both in good and bad ways and as excited as I am for my guys, I am also aware that it's still awfully early to get too over excited about anything.
    I know, it has been a long time since I have had my favorite team in the postseason. When the Senators left DC, I was pretty much a free agent till I moved to NY in 1979 and picked up the Mets. Then I moved back to DC in 1993 and adopted the Os alongside the Mets at the beginning of the 1996 season (when Davey Johnson showed up), but just as a casual fan. So Mets 1986 and 2000 and Os 1996-1997 were the last time I really cared about the playoffs. When Angelos dumped Johnson, I still went to games, but I don't like Angelos, so I never became an uber. Then the Nats came to DC in 2005 so I just had to go back to my original allegiance to the DC team (though it is still really hard to root against the Mets). I guess I could have been a Reds fan from 1993 to 1995 when Johnson was there, but I was in law school and didn't see much baseball at all except the occasional Os game when the Yankees came in (my husband is a Yankees fan).

It is so nail biting and really hard to make plans. Even when I know there will be a home game, I don't know what time it will be so I don't know when I will have to leave work. I had to block out my schedule for most of the month, but I am trying not to think too far ahead.

UGH 1 pm game on Wednesday!
    Last edited by Rob; 10-08-2012 at 09:32 PM.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    (my husband is a Yankees fan).
    I know a couple where the wife is a Mets fan and this husband loves the Yankees. She had a t-shirt printed that said
    I'm in love with a
    (in very tiny letters) and underneath that
    Yankees Fan
    in 2" letters. On the back it said
    Go Mets!
    in 4" letters. When he first saw it he thought she'd come over to the dark side.

She really wants a subway series some year so she can wear it to a game.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    I'm going to stop rooting for teams in the playoffs, because all the teams I like are sucking.

vCash
    What's with all the falling apart in the playoffs? Orioles in the ninth + the Giants yesterday, now the Nats today. I've forgotten if the A's did so too.

ETA - And in the time I wrote that post, it was still the 8th and the Cards just scored their 12th run.

vCash
    Yeah, the A's fell apart as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

UGH 1 pm game on Wednesday!
    Total BS. Thursday's game better be at night! That's the one I have tix to, but was hoping to at least watch Wedsnesday's on TV.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elka_sk8 View Post
    Total BS. Thursday's game better be at night! That's the one I have tix to, but was hoping to at least watch Wedsnesday's on TV.

I guess it will depend on whether Det/Oak and SF/CIN need a game 5 with a West coast friendly time.

vCash

I just got called into work. Please don't let this be the last Giants game of the season.

I plan to listen on my iPhone.

vCash
    Go Yankees! Sad that Rivera's injured though

vCash
    Giants!

And thanks to Brandon Phillips for hotdogging in the first inning and costing the Reds the win. ( erm, sorry Heather. Sort of. )

vCash
    Go Tigers!!!! Since I was a fan of theirs waaaaaaay back in my early days of liking baseball (read pre-Jays), I'm rooting for them to do well.

When it comes down to it, I'm cheering for anyone but the Yankees.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    The atmosphere in Oakland last night was electric, so I'm glad they got a win.

I'm hoping the Giants remember how to hit. I realize the pitching last night (for both teams) was amazing, but, you know, I can't take the agony. And it didn't help that stoopid announcer said the Reds haven't lost three straight at home all season.

And I won't get to watch this game, either. It starts during school and should end during my HOA meeting. I need to make that meeting REALLY short....

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    The atmosphere in Oakland last night was electric, so I'm glad they got a win.
    Hopefully it's their last one of the year.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I am really beginning to hate the St. Louis Cardinals. Phillies last year, Nats this year. Rot in hell, you people from a really nondescript city that if it didn't have an arch nobody would know what it was.

"Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast