Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2012!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Nats alternate between looking like deer in the headlights and dead in the eyes. Even Zimmerman. I am not optimistic.

Morse left how many men on base and was so slow in the outfield.
    Why is Bryce Harper still batting second and Ian Desmond is batting sixth? Move Des up right now! I might put him 3rd in the line up, he's 7 for 12.

Nice to see Frank Robinson throw out the first pitch.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    The Giants/Reds game starts in 20 minutes. So does my next class.

I am about to repeat wedding scenario.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I am really beginning to hate the St. Louis Cardinals. Phillies last year, Nats this year. Rot in hell, you people from a really nondescript city that if it didn't have an arch nobody would know what it was.

That is all.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post

That is all.
    Gee, I wonder where you live.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Yay, Giants!!!! Go A's, go Yankees!

vCash
    F&ck yeah! Finally something to cheer about. Walk-off homer from Jayson Weryth to win game 4 for the Nationals!!

vCash
    I just turned to TBS to see how that game was going to turn out...about one minute before the game winner. Nice!

I want to root for the Nationals. But my husband's cousin is a relief pitcher for the Cardinals. Divided loyalties...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron W View Post
    F&ck yeah! Finally something to cheer about. Walk-off homer from Jayson Weryth to win game 4 for the Nationals!!

In the Giants game, I was so excited after Posey's grand slam that I sent a "FCUK YEAH" text to my sister, except that I accidently sent it to my dad.

He took it well.

And I know this isn't any consolation to Heather, but I really didn't think the Giants would pull this feat off, and I also appreciated (though my heart didn't) that the Reds didn't roll over and die after that six run inning.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron W View Post
    It was great. The whole park erupted, and the place was rocking. We went out afterwards and it was fun to see bars full of happy Nats fans.
    And win # 3 for Teddy too.
    Frank Howard threw out the first pitch.

They brought a military family to the game, a mom and 2 kids, standing on the terrace with the big Presidents behind them. Showed them a video message from the dad in Afghanistan saying he missed them and wished he could be there for a Nats win. Then the Presidents parted and there he was! The little boy was so surprised. I think the mom knew.

Going to game 5 tomorrow. Yikes.

Condolences to Heather, and congrats PL.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Well, the migraine I woke up with and suffered through most of today (which also caused me to miss work today) must have been a premonition to how my Reds season would end. This day is full of suck too.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Orioles tie the series in the 13th!!!

vCash
    (((Heather)))

And so the Orioles live to play another day. But I'm worried about how they'll come back after tonight's marathon to play "this afternoon", as one commentator just put it. I think they used just about every one of their pitchers tonight. If only Johnson hadn't blown the save last night, we'd be going to the ALCS right now.

But considering that most 'experts' picked the Orioles to finish last in the division this season, it's pretty amazing that they are where they are now. So I'm proud of our guys.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Orioles tie the series in the 13th!!!
    I know I said I would root for the Yankees just so Ichiro could get a ring but I just can't do it!

And Detroit's leading by 6 going into the bottom of the 8th!
    Roll Tide, y'all!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Heather, my condolences.

PL, Congratulations!!

Congratulations to the Tigers too!!

And Thank You Orioles!!! Now go out there tomorrow and pull this thing off!!

And what a finish in Washington!!

You know something, we've seen some incredable Baseball this first week *and* it's only the first week of the Playoffs too.

BTW, Mom and Dad watched upstairs and I caught the last half of an incredable NatGeo/PBS documentary on Fenway Park and the Centenary this year earlier tonight on PBS. If you get a chance to see it, do!! It was excellent!!

vCash
    Go Nats!! Awesome game, so much energy in the stadium. Going again tonight!

WTH happened to the Reds? Three games at home at they lost them all, unbelievable.

vCash
    Yipeeeeee for the Tigers! In spite of what I friend said about their bloated payroll for just 3 players, I just can't cheer against them. That being said, I wouldn't have been too upset if Oakland had won but happier for the outcome. That last game wasn't even close and to quote a hockey guy -- Verlander was a BEAST. Over 100 pitches, goes the distance AND gets a shutout. Well done, guys.

Now if only the Yankees were out, I'd be a truly happy camper
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Now if only the Yankees were out, I'd be a truly happy camper
    So would I.

vCash
    Stupid Yankees.

Go Detroit!

vCash
    ^^ I'll second that.

I'm proud of our guys. No one expected them to even contend for the playoffs, let alone tie the Yankees for most of the last 2 weeks of the season. And push the Yankees to 5 games in the ALDS and hold them to only a few runs each game. I think the pitching on this Orioles team was even better than the 96 and 97 teams (or maybe I have selective memory, lol) - at least now, middle relief isn't just a buzz word.

I think they've got a great nucleus of guys, just need a little more firepower. Markakis may have made a difference and I feel bad he didn't get a chance to play in the postseason, after he's been through so many losing seasons with the team.

I will confess that I didn't start paying a whole lot of attention to the Orioles until September, since we've had so many years where things looked optimistic at mid-season and then they spent August and September in a free fall. But next year, I plan to follow the team starting in April (taking a deep breath, lol) and I hope they can be back in the playoffs next year. A lot of these guys are young, so hopefully with a little more experience, they can take the next step (or two ).

Good luck to the rest of the teams still alive (except the Yankees ). Go Tigers!

vCash
    Go Yankees! Suck it haters!

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast