Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2012!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I am really beginning to hate the St. Louis Cardinals. Phillies last year, Nats this year. Rot in hell, you people from a really nondescript city that if it didn't have an arch nobody would know what it was.

Tigers in the World Series in 2006.....

vCash
    Nats can still come back. Not this game probably, but it's a best of five series. They owned the best record during the regular season, didn't they? Although, I recall hearing recently that most of the last several World series winners were wild cards, so owning the best record doesn't matter. What matters is getting hot when it counts. Cardinals are pretty good at that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I am really beginning to hate the St. Louis Cardinals. Phillies last year, Nats this year. Rot in hell, you people from a really nondescript city that if it didn't have an arch nobody would know what it was.

I feel your pain, except you have not yet been subjected to the infield fly rule.

I guess this is all further proof that the second wild card is evil and heinous. And Bud Selig is up to no good, but we all knew that.

If the World Series ends up being the Cardinals vs. the Yankees, I'll be rooting for a zombie apocalypse.

vCash
    Pissed off at the pathetic Nationals pitchers. They weren't particularly stellar in September and it continues into October.

(Granted the offense sucked as well... they had several chances with runners in scoring position, but didn't convert!)

Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    If the World Series ends up being the Cardinals vs. the Yankees, I'll be rooting for a zombie apocalypse.
    That's the only scenario I wouldn't have a team for which to cheer. Absolute worst scenario. The best is if neither of those two teams is in the World Series.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I'll be watching skating. Exclusively. Including every JGP video I can find.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    I got home in time to watch the ninth inning of the Giants/Reds game, and the cameras cut to the dugout where Brian Wilson was talking to Tim Lincecum. The announcer said, "Lincecum doesn't seen so freakish when standing next to Wilson."

vCash
    I hate the Yankees. That is all.

vCash
    Yeah, Yankees suck.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    The Yankees don't suck.

The Yankees are the living and breathing Baseball interpretation of a Black Hole that ends in a gigantic pool of toxic sludge.

But they don't suck.

Heather, I was feeling for you earlier tonight. After the heartbreak of last night, I was afraid of that kind of an outcome today.

PL...I've got to cheer for the team a good Canadian boy's on, so... We were also watching at that point of the game this afternoon and the commentators did have a point.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    This day is full of suck. *sigh*
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Holy Crap...The A's pull it off!!!

vCash
    Tonight was a GREAT baseball night! Hooray Giants and A's, Bay Area represent! Last but not least.... YAY YANKEES!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    With the exception of Detroit fans, I don't see how anyone can be against the A's. They're like the anti-Yankees - super low payroll, almost no media attention (until recently), and they're entertaining. I hope they'll have a great October.

vCash
    That was awesome!!! So happy for Oakland.

Just wish I could feel the same way about the Yankees. Didn't help that a known fan tweeted the Nats must have remembered they were Expos.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    YAY YANKEES!
    Hmph
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Just wish I could feel the same way about the Yankees. Didn't help that a known fan tweeted the Nats must have remembered they were Expos.
    Maybe they could think of themselves as the 1994 Expos? Then it can be like The Revenge of the Expos.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Maybe they could think of themselves as the 1994 Expos? Then it can be like The Revenge of the Expos.
    I was on the Metro yesterday right after the game, and at a junction hundreds of Nats fans coming home from the game got off the train I was boarding.

I haven't seen that many Washingtonians so glum since Bush was re-elected...
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post

I fell asleep secure in the knowledge that the Tigers had it -- and wake up to this.

vCash
    I quit watching when the Orioles blew it in the ninth.

Merde.

vCash
    Every team I wanted to win yesterday ended up losing. It couldn't have been a worse day of baseball. While I'll certainly cheer for the Giants if they're in the World Series, or Oakland if they're facing the the Cardinals, neither are my preferred top hopes for the World Series. but most importantly, please oh please at the very least avoid a Cardinals vs Yankees World Series.

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast