Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2012!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    But he was nice while doing so, right?
    Definitely!
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Heather, you were the first person I thought of when I heard about the No Hitter. Watching your team try and keep a No Hitter going is tension filled enough, but w/the score your Reds had? Can't even imagine.

And talk about a perfect name for a ball player period!!

Well Gang...Here we go...Final few days of the Season and still so much up in the air too. Going to be fun to watch shake down.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Heather, you were the first person I thought of when I heard about the No Hitter. Watching your team try and keep a No Hitter going is tension filled enough, but w/the score your Reds had? Can't even imagine.

And talk about a perfect name for a ball player period!!

Well Gang...Here we go...Final few days of the Season and still so much up in the air too. Going to be fun to watch shake down.
    Haha, thanks! I totally agree about the tension and I'm kind of glad I wasn't home to watch it in real time because I think my nerves would have been totally shot by the seventh inning, LOL

I can't believe that NONE of the AL post season spots have been clinched yet! I'm hoping the Orioles get one of those spots locked up soon. They've had such a great year! Dang, the AL is going to be one heck of a race in every single division this week!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I'm hoping the Orioles get one of those spots locked up soon.
    They did, the Angels lost tonight. Woohoo!

I think the Yankees and Rangers have also clinched. According to some website (ESPN?) that had if-the-season-ended-today playoff scenarios, if the Orioles and Yankees tied, the Orioles would win the division. I know the teams split the season series 9-9, I guess the second tiebreaker is record within the division?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    They did, the Angels lost tonight. Woohoo!
    As an Angels fan, I had the opposite reaction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    As an Angels fan, I had the opposite reaction.
    Sorry. It's been 15 years since the Orioles made the playoffs (heck, it's been that long since they had a winning season), so you'll have to excuse our

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Sorry. It's been 15 years since the Orioles made the playoffs (heck, it's been that long since they had a winning season), so you'll have to excuse our

The are well deserved. Good on them. I hope they win it all this year.

(Always had a soft spot for the Orioles)

vCash
    The Orioles have some pretty boys. Not CJ Wilson pretty (the main reason I want the Angels in the post-season ), so I would be fine with an Orioles/Giants World Series.

With the Giants winning on my birthday. As I have previously stated.

vCash
    Congrats to the Nats! I have to root for my former Expos even if it's bittersweet. Especially with Philly out of it this season.

vCash
    Well, the American league wrapped up everything last night.

Only second wild card in NL to be decided.

vCash
    I seem to be on a pretty good streak. In my first full baseball season in Houston back in 2005 (moved there in Aug '04), they made it to the World Series. Then in my first full baseball season in Chicago in 2007 (moved there in Jan '07), the Cubs made it to the post season. Now in my first full season in DC (moved here in Apr '11, so I wasn't technically here for all of last season), the Nats are in the post season.

Maybe my next move should be to Seattle. I sort of root for them and they haven't been to the post season in over a decade.

The crazy thing about this season is that my childhood favorites, the Reds & Tigers, are also in the post season!

vCash
    My Angels were eliminated.

I guess I'll have to root for Oakland. I don't have any particular love for them, but I don't really care about any of the other teams either, so might as well root for an AL west team.

I suppose I can still hope that Trout gets the MVP. Cabrera can hit, but his sub par defense should prevent him from actually winning the award.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Yay Tigers! (Wow, Chicago White Sox sure did blow that one...)

vCash
    So it's down the Dodgers and the Cardinals for the second wild card spot. I don't like either of those teams, but I dislike the Dodgers more. So....go Cards?

Beach Bum
    vCash
    NAAAAAAATS! Well, they limped into it, but they are NL East Champs. Now I hope they are playing better by this weekend. I hate this starting away thing, but at least I get to go to a playoff game next week!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    NAAAAAAATS! Well, they limped into it, but they are NL East Champs. Now I hope they are playing better by this weekend. I hate this starting away thing, but at least I get to go to a playoff game next week!
    Starting away? Cincy and the Nats are guaranteed to have the top 2 records in the NL, meaning they'll both have home field advantage for their respective NLDS match-ups, won't they?

vCash
    First two games are at the 3/4 seeds' parks, last three at 1/2 seeds' parks. Next year, they return to 2-2-1

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron W View Post
    Starting away? Cincy and the Nats are guaranteed to have the top 2 records in the NL, meaning they'll both have home field advantage for their respective NLDS match-ups, won't they?
    They added the wild card game, but the TV schedules were set so the wild card takes up the travel day. So no time for 2-2-1.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Damn Yankees! I really don't want the Orioles to play a wild card game against Oakland. They didn't do so well playing them a few weeks ago, IIRC.

Are the division seeds (for the DS) determined by record or is the wild card team automatically the 4th seed?

vCash
    I wouldn't want to be Mark Ellis tonight.
    Dodgers were behind by one in the 7th, he had a great hit, reached second and tried to extend to third. Didn't work out too well. Then the very next batter managed to triple but was left on base. Baseball sure is cruel sometimes...

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast