Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2012!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Ichiro traded to the YANKEES?
    : I am sad that he left the Mariners at all, but how horrible that he went to the evil Yankees
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

The "NICE" Admin
    vCash
    I want Ichiro to play in the World Series. Hope this comes true, whatever team.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    I just heard that on tv and started shrieking and scared my dog. I can't believe those bastards traded Ichiro!!!! I'm seriously in shock and really, really pissed.

And to the Yankees? That's adding insult to injury. I would love to see Ichiro win a ring but I'm not sure I can bring myself to root for the Yankees.
    Last edited by galaxygirl; 07-24-2012 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Removed some language now that I've calmed down a bit.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxygirl View Post

I would love to see Ichiro win a ring but I'm not sure I can bring myself to root for the Yankees.
    This. Actually, I know I can't. I'm ABY. I'll even cheer for Heather's Reds over the Yankees.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    You know, after thinking about this now that I've calmed down a bit, I think I really owe it Ichiro to root for the Yankees to win the series this year. He has stuck with the Mariners for years while they've sucked when he could have left for a huge paycheck like another former Mariner that we all know and hate. It's really the least I can do. So, I'm going to hold my nose, pull the barf bucket near and suck it up and root for the Yankees. Go Yankees!

Disclaimer: this applies to the 2012 season only.
    Last edited by galaxygirl; 07-24-2012 at 03:38 AM.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    I would love to see Ichiro win a ring but I'm not sure I can bring myself to root for the Yankees.
    Please don't spoil my day any more by making me think about this decision :

Nick Swisher on the Yankees used to play for the single-A team in my area, so I allow myself a little applaud for him when he comes to bat. Then I spend the rest of the game giving the Skary Babs glare to the Yankees as a whole. I may have to adopt this strategy for Ichiro as well.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Please don't spoil my day any more by making me think about this decision :

Nick Swisher on the Yankees used to play for the single-A team in my area, so I allow myself a little applaud for him when he comes to bat. Then I spend the rest of the game giving the Skary Babs glare to the Yankees as a whole. I may have to adopt this strategy for Ichiro as well.
    I've edited my post. Go Yankees!
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Rubbing salt in the wound, the Yankees are playing the Mariners in Seattle tonight. Classy Mariners fans gave Ichiro a standing ovation in his first at bat for the Yankees. (after loudly booing A-Rod, some wounds never heal).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tlk View Post
    (after loudly booing A-Rod, some wounds never heal).
    Well, at least he is no longer having Monopoly money thrown at him

(I'd be booing him too if I were there)

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tlk View Post
    Rubbing salt in the wound, the Yankees are playing the Mariners in Seattle tonight. Classy Mariners fans gave Ichiro a standing ovation in his first at bat for the Yankees.
    I don't have cable so I can't see the game but I've asked my mother to record the news tonight. I'm sure they'll show the ovation.

Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Well, at least he is no longer having Monopoly money thrown at him
    That was awesome.

(I'd be booing him too if I were there)
    I'm booing him in spirit.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    This. Actually, I know I can't. I'm ABY. I'll even cheer for Heather's Reds over the Yankees.
    Hey, my man Joey got hurt in your evil ballpark so I'm not rooting for your Giants either, LOL But, that said, I'm totally an ABY too so on that we wholeheartedly agree!

Goodness, I'm watching the Reds vs the Astros on FSN Ohio tonight and there are only about twenty people in the Astros ballpark. I think they're all Reds fans too. Yikes!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    During the press conference before the Mariners game today it was said that Ichiro actually came to the team to ask them if they would be open to trading him

From the press conference (Howard Lincoln, M's CEO):

"Ichiro knows that the club is building for the future, and he felt that what was best for the team was to be traded to another club and give our younger players an opportunity to develop."
    And, hey, he'll probably get a chance to go the playoffs this year ... sure wouldn't have gotten there with the Mariners And now the Mariners don't have to make the difficult decision about whether or not they will resign him in the off-season.

Best wishes to him though .... was a huge fan of his over the past decade (but wish it was anyone but the Yankees!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Hey, my man Joey got hurt in your evil ballpark so I'm not rooting for your Giants either, LOL
    Heather, you might not know it, but there have been a whole slew of players who have gotten injured while playing against the Giants this season. It's almost a running joke on the broadcasts about how the Giants "Broke" another opposing player. Just a weird set of coincidental injuries, but beware when you play against the Giants I guess.

vCash
    Well I heard about this trade while watching a sports talk show. The Yankees? Seriously dude?!!! I have had a hate on for the Yanks for decades and this is the cherry on top of the whipped cream.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Hey, my man Joey got hurt in your evil ballpark so I'm not rooting for your Giants either, LOL But, that said, I'm totally an ABY too so on that we wholeheartedly agree!

Goodness, I'm watching the Reds vs the Astros on FSN Ohio tonight and there are only about twenty people in the Astros ballpark. I think they're all Reds fans too. Yikes!
    Erm, sorry about Joey. My boyfriend Brian Wilson blew out his elbow in Colorado, so I currently really dislike them, so I feel your pain.

When I was at the University of Houston in the late 80s/early 90s, there would be like 500-700 people at the Astros games. I'm sad it's back to that, since that new (well, newer than the Astrodome ) ballpark is gorgeous. I hope going to the American League helps them out.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Same here w/the reaction of Ichiro going to the Yankees. As much as I admire Ichiro, for him to go to the Yankees? Would love to see him get a Ring, but w/the Evil Empire? Sigh...

What on earth is this I'm hearing about Cal Ripken Jr's Mom being kidnapped and being released by the kidnapper sometime this morning? It's just...Wow!!

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Well A-Fraud (yes, I'm 5 ) has a broken hand so that hurts their chances of winning the series a little.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Well A-Fraud (yes, I'm 5 ) has a broken hand so that hurts their chances of winning the series a little.
    Just read that he could be back as soon as 4 weeks.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Just read that he could be back as soon as 4 weeks.

I did decide that I'm going to root for Ichiro to get a ring this year so I guess I should be happy.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Felix Hernandez. Perfect Game. That is all.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast