Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2012!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    OPENING DAY!!!!!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    WHAT A GAME AND FIRST WIN FOR THE BLUE JAYS!!!

To quote the late Harry Carey...

"HOLY COW!!!"

This Ladies and Gents is officially the longest ever played Opening Day game in the history of MLB and....WOW!!!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    There is nothing like Opening Day in Cincinnati (it is actually a city wide holiday now! ) and while I would have loved to have been downtown all day for the festivities and the game because it's been a massive party here all day long, I'm still super pumped for this occasion. No one does Opening Day like my hometown and I LOVE that the guys played such a great game. Jay Bruce hit HR #1, starting pitcher Johnny Cueto was amazing, and the Reds beat the Marlins 4-0 in front of the largest crowd in GABP history. If the pitching, defense, and hitting keeps being this awesome, it's going to be a fun year! GO REDS!!!!

I can't wait for my game on Saturday night!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    There is nothing like Opening Day in Cincinnati (it is actually a city wide holiday now! ) and while I would have loved to have been downtown all day for the festivities and the game because it's been a massive party here all day long, I'm still super pumped for this occasion. No one does Opening Day like my hometown and I LOVE that the guys played such a great game. Jay Bruce hit HR #1, starting pitcher Johnny Cueto was amazing, and the Reds beat the Marlins 4-0 in front of the largest crowd in GABP history. If the pitching, defense, and hitting keeps being this awesome, it's going to be a fun year! GO REDS!!!!

I can't wait for my game on Saturday night!!
    Well, that's two of us here in the thread who had great Opening Days.

Thanks for the reminder to check the sked for the Jays to see if they're home when I go down for CSOI in May.

vCash
    Being a Jays fan who lurks in this thread, I was very pleased with how their season opener went. Think pretty much everyone in the bullpen got used, and the man Bautista seemed to have played everywhere OK, he didn't really but it was funny seeing him at first base! Romero gave up 4 runs in an inning and then proceeded to shut down his opposition - as did everyone else who came in as relief. Arencibia -- you are my hero! ... at least until the next time we need and get one.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    The Giants.

vCash
    OK, Blue Jays! Let's Play Ball! at home that is. Starting off the season with two wins in extra innings and almost pulled it off again yesterday. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jays!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Yes indeedy...Winning that first series of the year and in such drama made for quite the Easter Weekend. I'm worried though, as the Red Sox literally got slaughtered in Detroit this weekend and I never like it when a team that's been so badly embrassed comes into Toronto. A team w/something to prove is a dangerous team IMO.

Still...I'll have on my old, but now new, jersey from my Birthday in 92 on and wearing it proudly at that tonight.

BTW...Did anyone else see the first game from the Marlins new park last week? That is one impressive looking place and I can see the comparisons to Wimbledon w/the roof, as it really does look identical to it.

vCash
    Barry Zito, I repeat BARRY FREAKING ZITO got the Giants first win of the season. And pitched a shutout. In Denver.

The apocalypse is truly upon us.

vCash
    the yankees finally won a game, hubby was starting to grow some grays, lol. I guess I should check if and when they visit the A's or Giants. Hooray for living in the S.F. Bay Area! I guess I can cheer on the Giants but NO WAY would I ever cheer for the A's.

vCash
    Lincecum out of the game in 2 1/3 innings. Shortest start ever.

I'm telling you, people, plagues of locusts are on their way.....

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Going to the Nationals home opener tomorrow. Let's Go Nats!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Have fun Rob and remember to bring along some warm clothing if the weather's like it was tonight in Oriole Park. W/the Jays playing this afternoon and Sportsnet not having any rights to Playoff Hockey, they were showing the Yankees/Orioles from YES Network tonight. Some of those fans looked like they were literally freezing to death.

What a pitching clinic this afternoon by both Lester and Romero!! Lester went into the 8th and Romero the 9th and both had their A game w/them too. Throw in two incredable plays/catches by Lawrie and Bautista respectively and it was a very entertaining game this afternoon.

Of course the fact the Jays won it made even more entertaining, but it really was a great game for so early on in the Season.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Its sunny and pleasant at the Nats game. And JR Martinez threw out the first pitch. They did not announce him as DWTS winner.

And we won!
    Last edited by Rob; 04-13-2012 at 01:36 PM.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Take a bow #42.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I had the best time ever at another Nats win, but the best part was between innings. During the t shirt toss, the man across the aisle from me stepped out in the aisle and jumped for a shirt. As He went up, his pants fell down around his ankles!!!! He had to bend down to pull up his pants, and let's just say he wasn't wearing his Sunday best undies! It took me about a half hour to stop laughing.

vCash
    Incredible! The tropical colored Marlins are above .500 & actually had a successful (5-1) homestand. It won't last long, so I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

NJL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I had the best time ever at another Nats win, but the best part was between innings. During the t shirt toss, the man across the aisle from me stepped out in the aisle and jumped for a shirt. As He went up, his pants fell down around his ankles!!!! He had to bend down to pull up his pants, and let's just say he wasn't wearing his Sunday best undies! It took me about a half hour to stop laughing.
    ROTFLOL!!! Talk about seeing the sights Rob.

For some reason tonight's Jays/Royals game was not shown on TV, but was on the radio and what ends up happening?

CBC Sports ~ Blue Jays turn first triple play in 33 years

At least they won, but...Grrr!!!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Dude, I have the White Sox pitching on my fantasy team. Why did I not start them this week?!?!? *facepalm*

Congrats Phillip Humber of the White Sox for his perfect game!! Wow. That's pretty awesome!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Congrats Phillip Humber of the White Sox for his perfect game!! Wow. That's pretty awesome!
    Ugly ending but awesome achievement!
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast