View Poll Results: Who will make top 10 at Euros?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elene Gedevanishvili

62 93.94%
  • Sarah Hecken

18 27.27%
  • Joshi Helgesson

32 48.48%
  • Valentina Marchei

33 50.00%
  • Sonia Lafuente

9 13.64%
  • Elena Glebova

18 27.27%
  • Mae Berenice Meite

40 60.61%
  • Yretha Silete

24 36.36%
  • Natalia Popova

6 9.09%
  • Juulia Turkkila

7 10.61%
  • Jenna McCorkell

5 7.58%
  • Polina Korobeinikova

45 68.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.

vCash

Euros Ladies - who will round out top 10?

Its a bit hard to say what condition Hecken is in, but anyway- if Leonova, Makarova, Kostner, Korpi, and V. Helgesson are in top 5 or close to it- who would be the next 5?

vCash
    Europeans will be interesting since it will likely be the "qualifier" as to whether Miete or Silete (France) or Joshi or Viktoria Helgesson (Sweden) will get the 1 singles spot available for their country.

Out of the poll choices, the wild card for threatening the top 5 is probably going to be Polina Korobeinikova.

vCash
    I picked only two from the list: Gedevanishvili and Korobeynikova. May be Valentina and Joshi, but I am not sure.

vCash
    I liked Gerli Liinamäe from jgp. Maybe she can crack through the top ten at euros, but she has as much luck as Natalia Popova.

Gedevanishvili and Korobeynikova are probably bigger podium threats than Makorova or maybe Korpii. The french ladies have their consistent 3T-3Ts.

Hoping that the Dungjen/Sato magic still works on Marchei: Haruka Imai placed her highest ever nationals this year. I actually loved Marchei at her first, and only, NHK showing when she fell at her ending combination spin, but laughed it off at the end. Can't find a video of it though.

vCash
    Polina is for sure in Top 10
    and can steal possible upset at the podium medals

she has improved her rankings in both national and international competitions
    I'd like Korobeynikova to medal into the podium more than Makarova or Korpii

vCash
    I hope Yretha Silete will be in the top 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    I liked Gerli Liinamäe from jgp.
    She's only a substitute entry for Estonia. The designated entry is Elena Glebova.

It's too bad that Ira Vanut isn't sufficiently recovered from her injuries to compete for Belgium.

Entry list

vCash
    Feck rounding out the top 10, Korobeynikova for the win.

The last time I was this excited about an up and coming Euro lady was Lepisto, and before that Kostner......so Korobeynikova should be a World Bronze medalist by 2014

My for Korobeynikova includes:
    Deep edges and a natural musicality
    Beautiful Jumps, high, rotated and exceptional running edges.
    Difficult combos - 3flip/3 toe and 2axel/3 toe
    Slow and steady improvements, she didn't even have the flip/lutz or a 3/3 last season.
    She didn't even attempt the lutz until October....but has nailed it every time since.
    Volchkova is really taking her time with her, but she's clearly doing better than her team even imagined.
    Volchkova is also paying attention to line, flow, edges and height

My Concerns for Korobeynikova:
    Can Volchkova actually craft, or find a choreographer to craft a trully competetive program?
    Can she instill the self belief and consistency that none of her skaters thus far, nor indeed her own amateur career, have managed to show.
    Much like Carolina, Polina's Height means that the slightest imbalance on take off will result in a splat.
    She has to be very accurate on take offs because of her height
    SHe is not appareciated by her fed in the way that the mini jumping beans are, despite having more flair and talent IMO.
    Last edited by poths; 01-08-2012 at 09:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    Feck rounding out the top 10, Korobeynikova for the win.

My Concerns for Korobeynikova:

SHe is not appareciated by her fed in the way that the mini jumping beans are, despite having more flair and talent IMO.
    a bronze finish in the coming years or even at 2012 euros will
    be highly appreciated for Polina
    Volchkova was known in finishing for at least bronze in her competitions
    lets hope Polina does the same or even better

you are right, sad Polina will have to fight more to get support
    from her fed compared to Sotnikova, Tuktamseva, Radionova, Lipnitskaya etc.

but if she constantly improves and rounds up a podium position in the coming years, fights like Leonova , her FED might give more support to her in no time.

vCash
    I think Korobeynikova and Gede for sure, others idk about. Hope Silete makes the top 10 as she has the talent for it, she's just inconsistent sometimes though. Podium will likely be Kostner, Leonova, and then one of Korpi, Gede, Korobeynikova, or Makarova. Vika Helgesson should make top 10 then 3 more. I'll say Meite, Silete, and Popova. But not really sure.

vCash
    I predict Korobeynikova will either make a huge splash (top 4) or bomb spectacularly. No middle ground. Of course, I hope its the former. Like poths, one of my biggest concerns with Korobeynikova (and all of Volchkova's skaters) is the toughness factor. I really hope I'm proved wrong at Euros. I will say I was really impressed with the fight she showed in the nationals LP. But Euros is a whole other world from nationals and the JGP.

I also am hoping Viktoria Helgesson can skate really well. Her Sunset Boulevard LP is one of my favorite programs this year. It's really packed with transitions and expresses the music so well. She skated it quite well at NRW Trophy....hopefully she can sort out her issues with the flip.

I also voted for Glebova (great comeback season thus far), Popova (very solid season so far, good skater), Gede (better consistency but her LP is boring), and Meite (although I prefer Silete).

If Turkilla or Mrs. VDP make the top 10 I will shave my head.