Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanja90 View Post

Barbara and Maurizio falling in the last minute of their program in Turin..and of course, what happened after that
    this was both shocking (fall) and dramatic (death stare in front of audience)

vCash
    Has no one mentioned the "whack heard 'round the world" yet?

vCash
    Not so much Yu-Na's reaction, but the Korean crowd's reaction to her scores at the 2008-2009 GPF.

I've never heard roars of excitement die off so quickly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm9ar7Eau88

I can't believe the sadistic cameraman who kept on zooming in on michelle's heartbroken face after they were all standing on the podium
    Did the camera not stay on the face of other medalists? Anyway, Michelle as the 4-time World champion was expected to win this time as it did not happen in Nagano. Sarah Hughes was a surprise, and I have always thought that Irina should have won, Sarah was way too high up after the sp.

Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    I would include when Johnny Weir's LP score were shown at the 2010 Olys, Idk if I would call it shocking but it was dramatic, a whole lot of booing going on (myself included )
    Yes, considering that Plushenko´s PCS was so high, compared to that also Weir´s empty programme should have had higher PCS. But, Plushenko has reputation points based on his huge achievements, and Weir is veeery far from those achievements. Actually Weir got what he deserved, IMO. He should have had a better CoP programme, that would have helped!!!
    Last edited by Jaana; 01-08-2012 at 09:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    You can't be serious. A row of perfect sixes without any choreography, and just showing angst in the face? The competition was very close; the only drama was Sale's reaction on the podium and the subsequent awarding of double gold, for crying. If you disagreed with the judges' placement/marks, there must be tons of other examples like that.
    If you read it right you can see I said that I'm a Elena/Anton fan. I was shocked because the Olympics were in North America & thought that would favour Jamie/David.
    I found more emotion in the Russians free skate but thought the way they were treated by some people in the media was terrible. Like they were to blame.
    I did not agree with a second set of Gold medals being given out. It was a close call. I liked both but found the Russians more interesting.
    The media over reacted (my opinion).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post
    Not so much Yu-Na's reaction, but the Korean crowd's reaction to her scores at the 2008-2009 GPF.

I've never heard roars of excitement die off so quickly
    OMG that is quite funny

I can't imagine what it must have been like for her at that event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    Everything about Pasha/Oksana/Madonna/Marilyn Grishuk in 1998.
    Wheeee loved her

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Wheeee loved her
    Some backstage fluff of the 1997 NHK Trophy has just been posted on youtube. You should watch. It seems quite funny now but fantastic viewing.
    She was never boring. I really miss her.

vCash
    A link! A link, I say!

ETA: I take it this is it? ...or this? "Memorial" was a tribute to Gianni Versace?! Amazing. And what the hell was Oksana Baiul going on about?!

ETAagain: NOTHING to do with this thread really, but amusing nonetheless
    Last edited by Loves_Shizuka; 01-08-2012 at 08:22 PM.

vCash
    Maybe not shocking or dramatic, but certainly heartwarming for me Todd Eldredge's tributes to his parents:

Todd placed the silver medal around his father's neck as a show of appreciation for his support throughout the years.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Sandhu beating Plushenko at the 2004 GPF was pretty shocking!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    Sandhu beating Plushenko at the 2004 GPF was pretty shocking!
    And a lot of fun to see live!

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYk0EHgjBys

shocking! or was this too obvious?

And Sarah Hughes was shocking to me because I thought Irina had won as the results before she skated were MK, Sarah, Sasha. I totally did not see the flip in placement between Sarah and Michelle due to Irina being in 2nd place so I was totally shocked to see her win but only because I was just not expecting it. If she had been in first before irina skated, I don't think the result would have been as "shocking". if that makes sense.

vCash
    This is a beautiful one. Sarah Meier wins Europeans on her last try.

Quite a shocking moment indeed, given it was her first (and last) competition of the season, and she was coming off of an injury. A podium finish would have been a triumph in and of itself.

What is it with these Sarahs and their shocking wins?

vCash
    I was happy for Meier, finally she won. I often rooted for her and was disappointed when she didn't/couldn't medal. This is still amazing to watch. :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    A link! A link, I say!

ETA: I take it this is it? ...or this? "Memorial" was a tribute to Gianni Versace?! Amazing. And what the hell was Oksana Baiul going on about?!

ETAagain: NOTHING to do with this thread really, but amusing nonetheless
    I know !. I was like WTF?!!!

vCash
    ^Those were the days

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Maybe not shocking or dramatic, but certainly heartwarming for me Todd Eldredge's tributes to his parents:

Todd placed the silver medal around his father's neck as a show of appreciation for his support throughout the years.
    Loved those moments! I wish there was some video of Todd putting the medal on his dad @ 1995 Worlds. The video footage of Todd putting the medal on his mom @ 1996 Worlds is one of my most favorite moments in fs (along with Brian Boitano & Midori Ito's reactions @ the end of their 1988 Calgary free skates).

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    This is a beautiful one. Sarah Meier wins Europeans on her last try.

Quite a shocking moment indeed, given it was her first (and last) competition of the season, and she was coming off of an injury. A podium finish would have been a triumph in and of itself.
    A priceless, touching moment for lovely Sarah Meier (been rooting for her since 2003 Worlds).

vCash
    This fall Kiira Korpi had at the very beginning of her LP at 2009 Euros was really shocking and scary. Poor girl looked in so much pain!

Also, Tanith's slip during CD at 2008 Worlds: came totally out of nowhere and ruined their chances for Gold medal. I remember watching this live and couldn't believe my eyes when it happened.

Mukhortova/Trankov's LP at the same Worlds in Goteborg: they suddenly stopped in the latter half of the program. It appeared that Maxim had some problems with his right hand. Thankfully they managed to finish their routine and ended up in 7-th place overall.

vCash
    Really the entire 2006 Olympic OD was a drama fest, capped by the death glare, which was truly a moment for the ages. Years later Barbara mentioned that there were loads of Savarovski crystals on the ice from all the previous falls (though she did not attribute their fall to tripping on any of them ).

As for good shocks, another vote for Sarah Meier last year; it was wonderful to see her end her career like that.

Quote Originally Posted by IneZR View Post
    Mukhortova/Trankov's LP at the same Worlds in Goteborg: they suddenly stopped in the latter half of the program. It appeared that Maxim had some problems with his right hand. Thankfully they managed to finish their routine and ended up in 7-th place overall.
    It was the costume more than his hand - it was too tight and cutting off his circulation. IIRC he has since said that he doesn't have such sleeves in his costumes because of that experience.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast