Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Evora & Ladwig are the nicest team!

Eh?
    vCash
    I have a lot of respect for them. I really hope they win nationals this month.

(But why is the article dated June 6?)

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Very sweet people. Love what Mark said about the "pair community".

Tranquillo
    vCash
    There are a number of pair teams that I really like and seem like nice people, but I have a lot of appreciation for Mark and Amanda. They're always so friendly and just quietly go about working to improve their skills each year. Their lifts are really impressive and I admire the dedication they've shown to the sport and the fans over the years.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    They're my favorite US pairs team. They seem so genuine. I sat by Mark's family at the Olympics and they were wonderful. I hope they win gold or silver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    There are a number of pair teams that I really like and seem like nice people, but I have a lot of appreciation for Mark and Amanda. They're always so friendly and just quietly go about working to improve their skills each year. Their lifts are really impressive and I admire the dedication they've shown to the sport and the fans over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    They're my favorite US pairs team. They seem so genuine. I sat by Mark's family at the Olympics and they were wonderful. I hope they win gold or silver.
    Love them. They have been my favorite US pairs' team since we first saw them @ 2005 Skate America. I hope they become US Champions!

vCash
    I am "friends" with Amanda on Facebook. She is so articulate, thoughtful, smart, well-rounded, I could go on forever. I love her posts!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Read the article. They seem to have put an emphasis on keeping things the way they are, technically speaking. It's great that they got feedback from Christy Krall on the SBS jumps too which IMO is their weak link [well, Amanda's anyway]. I think if they go clean on their programs, they can score nice and high

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Read the article. They seem to have put an emphasis on keeping things the way they are, technically speaking. It's great that they got feedback from Christy Krall on the SBS jumps too which IMO is their weak link [well, Amanda's anyway]. I think if they go clean on their programs, they can score nice and high
    I agree; they seem to have made a breakthrough this season in terms of their PCS scoring. In the past, even with relatively clean performances, they could only finish so high with PCS barely in the 6's. Those really went up this season. (ie, relative to their peer teams, even keeping in mind the general elevation in PCS scoring across all skating this year).
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    I hope they win US Nationals ... they really are the nicest people

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    They are truly two of the nicest, most genuine people you could ever meet! One of my favorite Mark moments was at Nationals a couple of years ago, he noticed I'd changed the color of my hair. I only see him once or twice a year, and it wasn't even a drastic change.

They are always so friendly and gracious, and it would be an absolute thrill to see them win their first national title. HeatherC and I would be a blubbering mess!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Met them in the autograph line at last year's Nationals. Amanda is a total sweetie! She asked me where I was from, how I got interested in skating, and if I'm enjoying myself. And Mark was no slouch in the niceness department either.

I'd love to see them finally get that National title!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    They were guest skaters in our club show the year before the Olympics. Before the show they did an impromptu death spiral clinic with the 3 pairs from our area, just because they were there.

Amanda was quieter, but both she and Mark made sure to talk with all the skaters, and Mark really goofed around with everyone.

I'm fans of theirs for sure- just because they are such great people.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    They are truly two of the nicest, most genuine people you could ever meet! One of my favorite Mark moments was at Nationals a couple of years ago, he noticed I'd changed the color of my hair. I only see him once or twice a year, and it wasn't even a drastic change.

They are always so friendly and gracious, and it would be an absolute thrill to see them win their first national title. HeatherC and I would be a blubbering mess!
    If my blubbering mess from Spokane when they made the Olympic team is any indication, I should probably be wearing either none or highly waterproof mascara because it will get a MASSIVE workout if they win in San Jose, LOL

I don't have enough words for how wonderful these two people have been, not only to me but to so many other fans, for all these years. I consider them friends and I also consider it a privilege to watch them skate every year. They have worked SO hard for SO many years to get to this point and I very badly want them to win that national title this year. I know they can do it!

Yeah, I know I sound way cheesy but hey, I'm an uber, let me have my random cheesy moment as we lead up to US Nats, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    If my blubbering mess from Spokane when they made the Olympic team is any indication, I should probably be wearing either none or highly waterproof mascara because it will get a MASSIVE workout if they win in San Jose, LOL

I don't have enough words for how wonderful these two people have been, not only to me but to so many other fans, for all these years. I consider them friends and I also consider it a privilege to watch them skate every year. They have worked SO hard for SO many years to get to this point and I very badly want them to win that national title this year. I know they can do it!

Yeah, I know I sound way cheesy but hey, I'm an uber, let me have my random cheesy moment as we lead up to US Nats, LOL
    You were not the only "blubbering mess" I cried too... and Amanda's "interivew" with NBC lives on as one of the "best" ever. (For those who didn't see it, she was crying too hard to really talk!)

I really hope this is the year for them.. They are a class act and that's not always true in the "pair" events

vCash
    I hope they get the National Title, I really appreciate how they keep improving and are a team, unlike so many other pairs. Sort of the slow and steady improvement that to me is very impressive.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I just got my copy of this year's Figure Skating Calendar the other day and Mark and Amanda are in it. The one main picture, is of their one handed lift that's not the one handed star lift. I hope that explains the one I mean. Anyway...

I got home yesterday and after a bit of downtime, brought it and the Day Planner Family Calendar book upstairs to put in the various upcoming appts on/in the both of them. After that had been done, I asked Mom if she wanted to look at the FS one before I brought it back down here to hang on my Entertainment console. She didn't say much about the pictures, until she got to Mark and Amanda's and...

OMG!! How on earth do they DO that!?!
    I nearly hit the floor laughing at her.

I've enjoyed them for many years and I'll join the growing chorus of hoping this is their years at US Nationals.

Oh and Heather...Might I suggest you bring along waterproof clothing to the Sr Pairs events? Just in case of course.

vCash
    Add me to one who will be overjoyed if they win the title this year! They so deserve it. Beautiful team and two very nice people.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Oh and Heather...Might I suggest you bring along waterproof clothing to the Sr Pairs events? Just in case of course.
    I'll try to remember and pack a rain poncho, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I

Cheeze away, my friend, cheeze away I hope they win, too. I really admire how they have stuck to it and have been patient and dedicated enough to develop so much as a pair, rather than having the all too common pair attitude of "we aren't winning fast enough so I'm dumping you"
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast