Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Yes, it's $649. And that includes any extras. When I got mine 6 years ago, it was $545 (I think) but I had to pay extra for a flex notch, lambswool tongue, rolled top, so I think it came out to $610. So not a huge difference if you'd get several add-ons anyway. But I think they also ask for an additional $20 to cover shipping. You can always include your phone number and ask them to call you for a credit card number.

Try calling in the morning, like around 9 or 10. I got through to them on Monday.

I hope they stay open for a few more months. Latest info I've heard is March. My coach tells me I've got at least a year, maybe 2, to go before my skates break down, and I don't really have the means to buy a new pair right now, but if they stay open through the spring/early summer, I might just place an order. Right now, I'm having the tongues replaced.

vCash
    Thanks, Debbie! I got a response today. They ask for a $300 deposit first. I don't really need a new pair right now but definitely want a back-up pair once the current boots wear out. Maybe that is why they haven't generated as much business-- their quality is so good that people don't need to replace their boots as often. I sure wish they would stay in business somehow!

vCash
    They also rebuild skates when they break down. My first pair were rebuilt once - lasted many, many years.

vCash
    So glad to see the update. I love my Klingbeils and my experience with them (via correspondence) was awesome.

vCash
    Their Facebook page has the following update today:

Dear Valued Customers,
    Due to the great increase in boot orders Klingbeil will still be taking orders for boots.Because of you wonderfull Skaters we are still operating and our delivery time is 6-8 weeks. We can not give you a date when we will stop taking orders at this time.We will try to energize our company and keep our doors open as long as we can.Thank you again we never expected to be open at this time and its because of you our skating family.
    Thank You,
    Donald Klingbeil

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Nice.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    I wish I needed new skates, or I'd get some from them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    That's great! I'm happy for them. I'm very moved as well. I'm so sensitive! Hehe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12