View Poll Results: Top 3 music choices selected for Michelle Kwan by Lori Nichols

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Salome (96 LP)

40 35.71%
  • Lyra Angelica (98 LP)

47 41.96%
  • Taj Mahal (97 LP)

28 25.00%
  • Dream of Desdemona (SP)

22 19.64%
  • East of Eden (SP)

53 47.32%
  • Rachmaninoff (SP)

42 37.50%
  • The Red Violin (2000 LP)

31 27.68%
  • Song of the Black Swan (2001 LP)

19 16.96%
  • Ariadne (1999 LP)

9 8.04%
  • Romanza (SP)

20 17.86%
  • Other

3 2.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Michelle Kwan skated to mostly unusual music when Lori Nichols choreographed her programs.
    Because I know you are nitpicky about correct name spellings, I will point out that it Lori Nichol.

Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    Rachmaninoff 98 is the most amazing music cut AND most beautifully choreographed sp in the history of skating, bar none
    I agree that the music editing was superb. I was lucky to experience the Kween's 1998 Nationals performance in Philadelphia from a great seat/angle and it gave me chills!

I also picked East of Eden and The Red Violin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Because I know you are nitpicky about correct name spellings, I will point out that it Lori Nichol.

I agree that the music editing was superb. I was lucky to experience the Kween's 1998 Nationals performance in Philadelphia from a great seat/angle and it gave me chills!

I also picked East of Eden and The Red Violin.
    Thank you for the correction. I was unsure about the s at the end, and I was too lazy to look up. Yes, I am nitpicky and I made a mistake in this case.

vCash
    I did not include her Carmen SP (also the Beatles SP) because I ran out of choices, but I wanted to point out that her selection from Carmen is not the usual one. We see the creativity there also. Same with the Rach SP. The music always had Michelle-Lori signature.

vCash
    I voted for Lyra, Dream of Desdemona and Romanza, but I'm already second-guessing myself haha. Michelle's work with Lori was beautiful, it's hard to pick just three, though that's easier than only picking one.

Also, loved Michelle's Carmen SP.

vCash
    It was the Fate of Carmen, not Carmen. Kwanita is not common!! LOL

I chose Romanza, Taj Mahal and Dream of Desdemona. I love finding music I've never heard before through skating

The guy I go to for acupuncture has soothing music that plays while you are just chillin' in the room with the needles inserted. He must only have 1 or 2 CDs, because it's always the same music. Anyway, the middle part of Lyra, Gymnopedie No. ? by Satie, is on the CD. I always enjoy that
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    what music (pick 3) selected for Michelle Kwan by Lori Nichols is your favorite?
    Iirc frank selected Salome and eoe, and kwan picked red violin herself.

Imo, the sad part is... When the 3 teamed up they created magic, and once they split, not one of them was ever able to recreate any of it.... Kwan skated watered-down generic programs to overused music, Lori rehashes the same ole same ole adnausium, and despite achieving that allusive ogm, frank has yet to produce another skater who makes you really sit up and take notice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    Iirc frank selected Salome and eoe, and kwan picked red violin herself.

Imo, the sad part is... When the 3 teamed up they created magic, and once they split, not one of them was ever able to recreate any of it.... Kwan skated watered-down generic programs to overused music, Lori rehashes the same ole same ole adnausium, and despite achieving that allusive ogm, frank has yet to produce another skater who makes you really sit up and take notice.
    I remember reading an interview of Lori where she said she let Michelle listen to different music to see how she felt about it, and then they selected the music.

I agree about the inability to recreate that magic with anyone else. Michelle remained great but I always preferred it when her music had her signature. However, I can understand her desire to skate to music used by other skaters and interpret it in her own way. Lori is good, but not great. I am hoping that with Mao Asada she may be able to capture something great. Frank never had another skater as great Michelle, and that includes Lysacek (I don't care if he won the OGM).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12