vCash

Did you ever think about what it might be like to be in your fav. Skater's place?

Say,I just thought I'd post this. Because I'm sure a lot of us have thought about it. Though I myself can't really think of how to start putting into words what I've always thought about this. So I guess the best way for me to say what I've always thought is to just say that...Yes...I have indeed thought a LOT about what it might be like to be in my fav. Skater's place.

On-Ice = If it we ME out there I must say that I probily would feel a little nervous. Yet uncurtain to if (even though I'd practiced) I still would be able to do my Program right, when I actually DID get out there. I probily would be hiding in the Men's Room after I got off the ice to keep from hearing my scores. As again I'd be too nervous. LOL,get it?

Off-Ice = This ones a little hard. As who really knows what Skaters do at home. But I guess I'd say that if it were me I guess I'd be keeping track of the extra time to make sure that ALONG with my Practice I always DID have time to play!! LOL.

Well everyone!!!! That's MY input = Now I want to hear YOURS!!! Please include an On-Ice/Off-Ice format for yourself in your fav. Skaters place. Also I ask you all to be yourselves as I did ( how you normally are in really life...the type of person you are,and your real personality) for this one. Ok my Friends....GO!!!!!
    Last edited by FSWer; 01-06-2012 at 12:51 AM.

vCash
    Yes! and I am so glad they do it and not me.

on ice: long hours practicing alone - no goofing around or stopping to chit chat.

off ice: family, coaches, judges, officials, bloggers, fans commenting on ever aspect of your appearance, your speaking voice, your costumes, your technique, your sex life, and always concerns about money.

I think the only place you would find peace would be on the ice performing.

vCash
    I would glide out on the ice with confidence oozing from every pore, nail all my jumps, and really feel the music (just for Aunt Peggy!)
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Sometimes I do. When my body is being particularly klutzy, when my jumps and spins aren't working...that's when I wish I was them.

I wish I could jump like them, spin like them, move like them. I wish I had their confidence and grace on the ice.

I wish I could train everyday like them. I wish I had access to the same coaching and facilities as them.

Oh, right.

On-Ice: I'd love to be able to do the long hours that Plushy does. Training all day would kick my backside and I'd love every second of it. I'm not sure I could do the whole competing-in-front-of-a-few-thousand-people though. I get nervous enough just competing in front of maybe 50!

I already get edgy enough that I can't access my scores, so you would probably find me somewhere with my protocols, obsessively poring over them.

Off-ice: Sleeping. Because you can never have enough sleep. Sometimes I would go troll forums like FSU. Just because I think that would be funny.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    If I was in my favourite skater's place, I would become one with the ice. Meaning that I would be soooooooooooo nervous, I would melt and freeze into the rink!

I'm not sure if we give enough credit to such young people. Some of the critcisms here at FSU which are directed at people who haven't even reached adulthood yet. They have a strength which I am envious of!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    I think politics would kill it for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    I would glide out on the ice with confidence oozing from every pore, nail all my jumps, and really feel the music (just for Aunt Peggy!)
    You would "give the music good energy"?