Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

Quadrantid Meteor Shower

If anyone is still awake, the annual Quadrantid Meteor shower should be getting into full swing within the next hour or so and last for a few hours. I am going to go out and take a look myself. It is scheduled to peak around 3 am Eastern time although I read some other articles saying 2 am Eastern, which would be in only 20 minutes. I figure this meteor shower should be our favorite and garner lots of points for being a quad.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I figure this meteor shower should be our favorite and garner lots of points for being a quad.

I'm trying to stay up for it (says a night owl), but when I checked a little bit ago it looks like we have some cloud cover to the north. I'll try again, but methinks my excuse for staying up will all be for naught.

vCash
    I'm drinking champagne (my new drink of choice, who knew!) and my excuse is that it will help me stay warm while outside.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Brilliant justification!

vCash
    Has anyone seen any? I think I saw one but I haven't seen any more since and it is so cold I keep coming in. The area I need to watch is very close to the horizon which is much brighter because I am in the city. I wish it were farther up in the sky because I can see that much better, it is a very clear night but in the city the horizon is always lit up. The moon hasn't set here yet so maybe in another 30 minutes I will be able to see better but I doubt it. Might have to settle for the one.
    -Brian

vCash
    I finally began watching this Nasa stream and I have yet to see one on there. I give up. Someone youtube this crap and I will watch it tomorrow. Kthanks, bye!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-msfc
    -Brian

vCash
    I wish I had seen this thread last night! Although I doubt I would have seen anything since it was 10 below zero.
    Team Peeps!