Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

Hao ZHANG still enduring his elbow injury (Chinese National Winter Games article)

From an article about Zhang/Zhang -- they and Pang/Tong are scheduled to compete in the Chinese National Winter Games this week: http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article...a.asp?id=43009
    For China's top figure skating pair Zhang Dan and Zhang Hao, nothing but the gold medal could satisfy them at the 12th National Winter Games which opened here Tuesday evening.

Yet, the two-time defending champions have to battle against not only daunting rivals like Pang Qing and Tong Jian, the two-time world champions, but also pains from a string of injuries.

Zhang Hao was seen both arms bandaged in a training session at the Changchun Skating Stadium here at the capital city of Northeast China's Jilin province.

"The pain is killing me when I try to unbend my right elbow," said the 27-year-old Zhang Hao, who failed to complete the lift in training due to the injury and had to put an ice package on his arms to ease the pain.

Chinese National Winter Games figure skating thread in Kiss and Cry forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81892

vCash
    I'm sorry to hear this. I've always liked the Zhangs and they have so much ability. It would be great to see them have at least one really terrific season.

vCash
    It's too bad. They've worked hard together for a long time with a lot of success, but I feel he's in a situation to make a change after this season, if he wants to continue competing for the top spot.

vCash
    Is this a new injury? I thought his injury from last season was to his finger?

vCash
    Yowch. Hope he can find a way to ease the pain and/or fix whatever the problem is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Is this a new injury? I thought his injury from last season was to his finger?
    And, it looked like he hurt his shoulder during their long program at the GPF. Poor guy's not having any luck staying injury-free this season!

on the rink doing synchronized spirals with Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Shawn Sawyer, Alissa Czisny, Rohene Ward, Yukina Ota, Caroline Zhang & Mirai Nagasu
    vCash
    Ugh I hope he heals quickly and is out of pain long term.

vCash
    hmm looking ahead, is Sui & Han eligible for senior Worlds? Just wonderign if China can keep 2 spots if Z&Z drops out of Worlds and P&T does not compete.

vCash
    ^

No, I think its by next worlds but not this season
    they will still compete in junior worlds

vCash
    Thanks.

Did P&T say they were skipping GPs or did they say they were skipping the whole season? My impression is the latter, but then why would they compete at Nationals if they weren't competing this season?! And if it's the former, have they met the minimum score requirement yet?

vCash
    ^Yea, are P/T here?!?!

vCash
    Thanks.

Did P&T say they were skipping GPs or did they say they were skipping the whole season? My impression is the latter, but then why would they compete at Nationals if they weren't competing this season?! And if it's the former, have they met the minimum score requirement yet?
    P/T have always said that they'll only compete at the world championship this season. so i guess they want to compete at this nationals as warm-up.

vCash
    Ahhh, thank you!

vCash
    Thanks.

This isn't nationals, that already took place on in September, the Zhangs won and Sui and Han were second. This is different.

I though Sui is good to go to senior worlds this year because she is now 16.

Also, why would P/T need a minimum score?

vCash
    hmm looking ahead, is Sui & Han eligible for senior Worlds? Just wonderign if China can keep 2 spots if Z&Z drops out of Worlds and P&T does not compete.

WELL, Han is too old for junior worlds

But shhhhh don't tell everybody else in the world who already secretly knows it

vCash
    P/T (70.24) just won the SP at the National Winter Games; Z/Z 2nd (69.66); S/H 3rd (60.36). P/T & Z/Z were both clean, S fell on the 3T. Yu/Jin are fourth (55.42).