Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Thanks, Allen. That could be a dirty shame, or it could end up downright wondrous!

This show is pure fun for me, as there really isn't any stakes* to it ...

... just laughs, snark, and occasional to liven up my Monday nights.

ETA: *Except for the opportunity for the truly queens (cough not necessarily the ones who won cough) to gain their injection shot of fame and then get gigs galore afterward.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 03-19-2012 at 05:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    ETA: *Except for the opportunity for the truly queens (cough not necessarily the ones who won cough) to gain their injection shot of fame and then get gigs galore afterward.
    I follow a lot of the queens on Facebook and it's amazing how many gigs a lot of these queens get from being on the show. Pandora, Shannel, Mariah, and JuJubee seem to be going somewhere every single weekend. None of the three winners have seemed to blow up in popularity. If you look at the poll for the All Stars season, none of the winners are even in the top 15, which says a lot.

Pandora in particular has really taken off since her season and it's basically between her and Sharon Needles for the win the All Stars voting.

I'm assuming at this point that Pandora is going to win the All Stars poll and take the automatic slot for that season. I feel like Raven, Nina, Sharon (if she doesn't win this season and maybe even if she does), Jujubee, Yara, Shannel, and Manila are locks. With the voting, I think Mimi stands a good shot as well as Jessica Wild, Latrice, Alexis, Tatiana, and Jade. I know they'll put Shangela on there, even though she doesn't belong.
    Last edited by Allen; 03-19-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    manila had a nice fb post where he asked people to vote for sahara

i might go see sharon on wednesday (if i can stay up that late on a school nite /shame)
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Yes to all of those, if there was somehow time enough for the [6-weeks?] All Stars season. But, first, whittle down the PR queens to just Nina and one of Yara, Jessica, and ...................... Alexis. (Prefer that order, actually.)

Sharon is a frigging force of nature. Easily the best of all four seasons in combining excellence in all aspects of drag: Uniquely great runway outfits and presence, kickass challenges, and spot-on, , sassy candids/quips/one-liners/stage chatter. Who knew? Even some of the best judges of Charisma Uniqueness Nerve & Talent may have underestimated SN ...

Go Sharon! I'd love to see her in the F3, but it ain't gonna happen because -- yes -- Mz Needles is DEFINITELY out there ... it'll be her downfall by mid-season. I'll enjoy until then.
    Ah, Manila, so sweet to think of your bf. But, that girl ain't no all-star. I only remember that she was the one who sent Shangela home in the first episode, and that she herself went home after dressing in ballet garb (w/tutu and ballet slippers) for a rock n' roll themed runway ... equal parts that outfit and Jujubee performing the hell out of that Black Velvet LSFYL. Other than that, I remember nothing about Sahara.

I still every time I remember that Manila Luzon's real name is Karl. And maybe a Jewish last name, to boot.

vCash
    Yes to all of those, if there was somehow time enough for the [6-weeks?] All Stars season. But, first, whittle down the PR queens to just Nina and one of Yara, Jessica, and ...................... Alexis. (Prefer that order, actually.)

Sharon is a frigging force of nature. Easily the best of all four seasons in combining excellence in all aspects of drag: Uniquely great runway outfits and presence, kickass challenges, and spot-on, , sassy candids/quips/one-liners/stage chatter. Who knew? Even some of the best judges of Charisma Uniqueness Nerve & Talent may have underestimated SN ...

Ah, Manila, so sweet to think of your bf. But, that girl ain't no all-star
    I always laugh when Phi Phi opines about how Sharon isn't on her level, etc...well, no, she isn't honey, she's on a much higher level.

I didn't realize all-stars was going to be only a 6 week season. The queens keep saying they want to be in the top 8 or 10, so I'm assuming something around that number is going to make the show. As long as Pandora, Sharon, Raven, and Nina make it, I can be cool with whoever else except for Shangela.

Oh, Sahara...the only interesting thing she did was the splits out on the street selling cherry pie during the pole dancing challenge. It must be tough being with Manila who is so much more talented and creative.

vCash
    I voted for Chad.

vCash
    Oh shit! That was some episode!

What did Willam DO?????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    What did Willam DO?????
    I can't wait to find out...that was one hell of an episode. That LSFYL was really, really close. I think I would have went with Sharon, but only by a hair and that may just be because I can't stand Phi Phi.

vCash
    Kicking off heels and pulling off the wig should be automatic sashay-away, IMHO. You can still keep the audience's eyes upon you without gymnastics.

Sharon actually looked rather pretty in this episode.

Well, they're certainly setting it up to look like Willam ingested some sort of drug.....

OT: WTF is this "Eden's World" bullshit? Why do we need a tv show on Logo about a fetus dressed like a whore?

vCash
    To bad Phi Phi stays...
    WTF?

vCash
    Ah, I'm still at work, but I'm that this old rumor was true. Rumor was that was getting online during the competition, and I'd say that could be it ... Girl is online constantly. Worse that some people here at FSU!

Hopefully, this doesn't burn any bridges with Ru, because Willam and Ru Projects TM were made for each other.

vCash
    Ah, I'm still at work, but I'm that this old rumor was true. Rumor was that was getting online during the competition, and I'd say that could be it ... Girl is online constantly
    Oh poop. I wanted a drug scandal.

vCash
    Better to go out this way than in F4 when Ru suddenly realizes that three of the four are white girls. This way, Willam can remain in character and retain a "who knows, I might've won" stance forevermore.

vCash
    I was surprised at the show too.

Gawd I want Phi Phi gone. Phi Phi does not have any friends left in the competition either. They know she is shady and I'm happy Chad said that she needs to go.

Sharon, Latrice and Chad for the final 3.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I always laugh when Phi Phi opines about how Sharon isn't on her level, etc...well, no, she isn't honey, she's on a much higher level.

I didn't realize all-stars was going to be only a 6 week season. The queens keep saying they want to be in the top 8 or 10, so I'm assuming something around that number is going to make the show. As long as Pandora, Sharon, Raven, and Nina make it, I can be cool with whoever else except for Shangela.
    Shangela is quite the performer actually. Billy B has given her makeup tips and Shangela is fabulous.

She did lip sync to Nicki Minaj when Nicki was in the audience and Shangela turned it out!!!!

Shangela doing Nicki Minaj
    Shangela doing Beyounce's Run The World.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post

She did lip sync to Nicki Minaj when Nicki was in the audience and Shangela turned it out!!!!

Shangela doing Nicki Minaj
    Shangela doing Beyounce's Run The World.
    Shangela could look like Rosario Dawson and I still wouldn't give a damn...I just don't care for her personality and I don't want to have to see her on my television.

vCash
    ^ I like Shangela's portion of the Absolute commercial. She totally captures the early 1990s "Poetic Justice"-chic look, its very cute......

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    OT: WTF is this "Eden's World" bullshit? Why do we need a tv show on Logo about a fetus dressed like a whore?
    unless it is kenya in disguise, it doesnt make sense
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    unless it is kenya in disguise, it doesnt make sense

vCash
    I watched the eppy, and though Sharon owned the episode and Untucked ... Willam OWNED that challenge. She's going out on top ... albeit with puking and then being DQd, but On Top nonetheless.

Soooooooo, Willam already has a very ornery, very self promoting interview about tonight's elimination on EW. There are about 20 outright hilarious quotes or observations from Willam in that piece. She also says she joined RPDR to "raise her profile," and stop Shangela and Chris Crocker from getting all the parts she wanted.

Alas, Willam isn't spilling why the DQ but emphasizes that she wasn't caught doing anything wrong, but rather turned herself in. Methinks it really is the Internet thing.

Can't wait to see Willam in All-Stars and what-not.

Nobody is going to beat Sharon Needles ... this is no competition. Her LSFYL confirmed the greatness.

Phi Phi is all HATE all the time, isn't she? There is nothing pleasant about her ... ugly inside and out. Hideous. I hope that Latrice pummels her for that "The Help" comment in next week's episode.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast