Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    To be honest, I have to wonder what the talent pool was like that allowed Alisa, Jiggly, LaShawn, Milan, and LaQueer to make the show. I'm still on the fence about Dida, but she's not particularly strong either. The Princess is SO bland, so I'm not really sure why she's there either. I feel like the talent pool in season 3 was a lot deeper as Venus, Phoenix, and even Stacey Layne are far better queens than most of these people.

I'm for Sharon to take it all the way, but I just don't see Ru picking her even though she's shown herself to be very versatile.

I want to like Willam, but I just don't. I don't get taf's comment that Willam's personality is similar to that of Raja. I feel like Willam is going to go far though. I just hope she doesn't win.

I'm afraid Kenya is the chosen one. I thought she looked good in the challenge, but she's not doing anything interesting or exciting. For me, Sharon is the only one doing anything innovative.

And then we have Latrice...who reminds me of a black Divine in a lot of ways. I LOVE her, but I just wonder how far she'll go.

If you watch the preview for the season of Untucked, you can get a lot of hints as to who sticks around and who goes.
    I wonder if the pool of talent gets smaller after every season, just because the best were picked in Season #1, next best in Season #2, etc. ... That is, if it's basically the same pool of talent

vCash
    I want to like Willam, but I just don't. I don't get taf's comment that Willam's personality is similar to that of Raja. I feel like Willam is going to go far though. I just hope she doesn't win.
    I didn't like Raja for the same reason I don't like William's personality, although William comes off as more arrogant, they both have the "I'm better than you" vibe. They both made it clear from the very start that they didn't see much competition & that they were a shoo-in to win. In Raja's case he was right but I think his connection to Ru was the deciding factor. Manila should have won IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I wonder if the pool of talent gets smaller after every season, just because the best were picked in Season #1, next best in Season #2, etc. ... That is, if it's basically the same pool of talent
    People are coming from as far away as Puerto Rico to compete so I don't think the pool is going to dry up anytime soon. Although I agree with you that this year the majority of them don't seem all that fierce yet.

vCash
    To be honest, I have to wonder what the talent pool was like that allowed Alisa, Jiggly, LaShawn, Milan, and LaQueer to make the show.
    Talent pool is huge and eager, methinks, but Drag Race is watching out for itself and its future in not stacking the deck with ALL obvious title contenders.

I think that "cannon fodder" is a MUST in shows that are casting "true" industry professionals with reputations to protect. Witness the current edition of Project Runway All-Stars. You just know that three or four WTF? cast members were put there (over better designers who might were just as eager to compete again) to safeguard the handful of designers with already successful careers. Eliminate the potential embarrassment of sending a Rami home in 10th place.

Drag Race might suffer in casting top queens for the season following one with, say, "all Rajas, Sharon Needleses, and Chad Michaelses" versus the season that had "some Rajas and Chad Michaelses with a few Mystiques and Alisas thrown in for variety and early boot purposes."

I feel like the talent pool in season 3 was a lot deeper as Venus, Phoenix, and even Stacey Layne are far better queens than most of these people.
    Phoenix, IMO, should've been given a one-time-only pass for bombing the Queens in Space challenge ... as she is far better a performer than her placement/the Alexis Mateo or anyone Carmen/6th or below.

If you watch the preview for the season of Untucked, you can get a lot of hints as to who sticks around and who goes
    Yeh, we can approximate placements for the first five or six weeks by outfits and how many times someone is shown. Quick shots of the runway and even LSFYLs also give us tangible information. I try not to look to closely, but I did notice my favorites were

Spoiler

vCash
    Watched last night.

LOL - This is a skating board, so please don't tell me that Phi Phi O'Hara didn't rip off Jill Trenary's amazing hair circa 1988 I never ever thought of the draq queen possibilities from Jill Trenary!

Overall, I thought the comp was meh (I hope this isn't a pattern for the season!) -

The Princess didn't deserve to go home. I would've had Madame LaQueer in the bottom 2. THAT outfit was atrocious and should've been burned!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    ita, i cant believe madame laqueer is still there. i dont think she is all that and i dont see her getting much better.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Sharon Needles is all kinds of awesome, and needs to win every challenge ... if only to see how long it would take for Phi Phi's head to explode. That girl is a sour, bitchy apple who seems rotten on the inside. Love to hate her! Hope PP stays to F5 or so and shangelas the hell out of the workroom, the runway, and the illusions lounge.

Chad Michaels = still flawless and sweet.

Still just do not get Kenya Michaels and the adoration (well, mostly from Michelle) therein. I'm a little less squeebed out by her womanly appearance out of drag, but "in" drag I've yet to see the allure. Also ... Sorry to get all Arizona here, but being able to show wit and fabulousness IN ENGLISH has to be a requirement. Jibber jabber in Spanish has been an easy points getter since Season 2 ... I'm tired of it. Kenya barely speaks three sentences each episode.

Fer chrissakes, did you all see Untucked? "The Michael Costello Award for Worst Acting Performance goes to Jiggly Caliente". And if that tearless crying jag was NOT acting, well, then Jiggly needs to grow up. Sorry, but I'm of reality contestants coming onto shows (JuJu Bee, Josh from Project Runway, countless others), and then bellowing episode after episode about parents who died 3, 4, 5, or more years ago. Jiggly's was merely the worst of the lot. Ugh.

Willam's treatment of Milan, trying to cast shade but falling far short, in Untucked was pretty good. "Is the carpet comfortable?" Willam has been a bore on the runway (frankly, disappointing), but I love the dry wit and the snobbish personae she has decided to stick with for this show.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i dont get kenya either. if on desperate housewives they sent gabbie's kids to a fat farm, they could cast kenya.

yara did her act way better
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    to the All-time Queen of Drag Race [screw Ru for that decision ] Miss Nina Flowers , had very few intentional "Spanish/jibberish" moments, but many fun unintentional such moments.

The overuse (/ get out of language free card) started with that manfaced Jessica Wild, in S2.

vCash

Willam

To me, Willam is reminiscent (EEEERILY) of NICOLE BROWN SIMPSON.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8r View Post
    To me, Willam is reminiscent (EEEERILY) of NICOLE BROWN SIMPSON.
    zomg yes

vCash
    Madame LaQueer reminds me a great deal of DIVINE in regard to styling, hair, make-up and comedy.

However, look at him OOD (out-of-drag).... he is not much different than when in costume...overweight, out-of-shape, large manboobs, waddling walk and fat-girl attitude.

To me, Madame LaQueer is a gay man who could not cut it as a man, so he put on a dress. This makes him a WEAK queen, not fierce!

Fat, funny and reliant on make-up and wigs does not a drag-superstar make.

Same critique for Jiggly Caliente, only she couldn't cut it as a man with street cred, so she put on a dress also.

Both should go home back to lipsync in their neighborhood bars.

vCash
    I love Sharon Needles & Chad Michaels...for me everyone else falls short. They are both great on the runway & great personalities in the challenges. And although she's not my idea of beauty I also really like Latrice.

I thought Dida was fabulous in the LSFYL but she shouldn't have been in the bottom 2. Her perfomance on the infomercial was a little bland but she was far from the worst. For me that would be Jiggly & LaQueer although I'm not upset about the Princess because she isn't good either.

I'm a little disappointed in William. I thought she would be more fabulous but she's falling a little flat. Loved the carpet comment though.

Is Milan the one who got down on the carpet...ie getting down to your level? I can't wait till she's gone...what a bitch! I hate her bucktoothed look. And Phi Phi is incredibly conceited for little reason...to me she isn't memorable. Kenya is just annoying...learn to speak English & come back.

ETA: one other thing....I would never make light of any of their struggles or past hurts, but the ones who dwell on it & bring it up all the time really bother me. I doubt any of them have suffered what Ru Paul suffered in his life...he paved the way for all these people at a time when gays, never mind drag queens, had very little acceptance in most countries. But he has never (in my hearing anyway) used the poor pitiful me card. I don't mind them mentioning it or telling some of their experiences...that's how we get to know them. Sharon's story really touched my heart but she told it & then moved on. Her whole persona isn't how she's a poor misunderstood & picked on person. It's like they think they should get a pass for bad makeup or so-so performance because of it.

I am also at the OTT bitchery over what I consider minor disagreements...the comp has hardly started & some of them are already bringing out their big guns.
    Last edited by taf2002; 02-14-2012 at 06:32 PM.

vCash
    So now we know that DiDa has a fierce runway walk AND can lip-sync amazingly well.

BUT THAT HAIR AND MAKEUP, ugh, so atrocious! I can't. It almost gives me hives.

She's got the hard part down pat: Performance ability. Bitch SHINES under the lights. But in a world of paint and artiface, it's time to learn the basics of hair and makeup.

Methinks the Princess just isn't a competitive person by nature and that's not a good quality when you're in a reality show competition. But I LOVE her look. Fare thee well, Princess!

Madame LaQueer is ridiculously boring. Jiggly, Milan, and Kenya are just ridiculous.

If Phi Phi is just "safe" again next week, I have a feeling she's gonna blow.

Chad, Sharon, & Latrice are above and beyond in their level of class and professionalism.

All in all, liking this season SO much more than last!

Best moment this week: Sharon and Natalie have a Hallmark moment over drug use innuendo. x 10,000.

vCash
    Yes, Dida's lip synch was one of the best-ever RDR performances ... easily. Awesomeness. I may have just quit in the middle of that song if I were The Princess. Wonder how Dida will do with a song less obviously in her wheelhouse?

Speaking of the latter, sigh, too bad he's gone because I find the boy to be cute as hell. (Also too bad his drag name is The Princess, because ... as such mitigates his boy cuteness factor.)

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I love Sharon Needles & Chad Michaels...for me everyone else falls short. They are both great on the runway & great personalities in the challenges. And although she's not my idea of beauty I also really like Latrice.
    This!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Chad, Sharon, & Latrice are above and beyond in their level of class and professionalism.
    And this!

I'm a little disappointed in William.
    Whee, it's a learning opportunity. Willam's FYI to everyone, from an interview on Queerty ...

It's "Willam. As in “Will…umm…you close your legs, please?”
    Last edited by Beefcake; 02-14-2012 at 08:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Speaking of the latter, sigh, too bad he's gone because I find the boy to be cute as hell.
    Right?!?!?

(Also too bad his drag name is The Princess, because ... as such mitigates his boy cuteness factor.)
    I would think something edgier sounding would be more appropriate for his drag look.......but his OOD personality is just so charming and sweet!

That's why drag is awesome, you completely invent a new persona.

BTW, forgot to mention it last week, but Sharon's boyfriend's name (Alaska Thunderf*ck!!!) is just hysterical.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I can't stop giggling at Spinner's "Kristi Yummycoochy" comment.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I really like Sharon Needles. Her banter with Natalie Cole about the name 'Sharon Needles' was hilarious. Sharon has got to be on the top 3!

Chad Michaels is just too perfect. He is a true professional. I adore him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luenatic View Post
    Chad Michaels is just too perfect. He is a true professional. I adore him.
    Like RuPaul, much better looking as a woman than as a man!

vCash
    After seeing a cute faux promo of Drag Race spinning off even more series ("Dragnet, Dragton Abbey, Dragula, Drag the Bounty Hunter and many, many more."), on "The Soup", last night, I searched for it and found the extended version.

The video features Ru, Shangela, Raven, and Chad Michaels ... [hmmm, foreshadowing/good news for Chad?]. Chad is very funny, and (as we already knew) so are Raven and Shangela (LaQueefa is back!).

I wonder if this will be a mini-miniseries on The Soup, ala what they've done in the past.

vCash
    That's hilarious!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast