Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where is ESTA?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I remember the LEI post fondly. Awww.

Is Esta a French speaker because this
    MY BOY HAS NINE YEARS OLD TWO DAYS PAST AND MY TWINS HAVE SEVEN YEARS OLD
    sounds like one as in "mon fils a neuf ans and les jumeaux ont sept ans."
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash

Tinami 2012
    vCash
    Ah, Esta.

I think there are at least two different Estas and probably three or more.

The first (Esta #1) was almost definitely a pseud of Pasha's aunt, who lived in Germany. This Esta posted on Adrian Chew's board, FSWorld.

Then there was another (Esta #2), whom I believe to be somehow associated with Natalia Linichuk and/or UDel, who posted first on Brad Miller's FSWurld and on this incarnation of FSU. This Esta was (I think) a spoof of the previous Esta. For awhile, she used a variety of other aliases - Dancer (who claimed to be an international judge), Pasha is a Living Legend, etc. Sometimes the pseuds would talk to one another. It's possible that Esta #1 and Esta #2 are the same person, but I don't think so.

Then there's a third Esta (Esta #3), who posted on gymnastics message boards. This one is definitely a spoof of the spoof and almost certainly a native English speaker. The Dmitriev post does not match the ones here.

I always wonder what Pasha's aunt must've thought to see her pseudonym suddenly come "alive" and then multiply and take on a life of its own.

vCash
    The good old Esta days... she always lit a spark!

vCash
    ESTA, COME BACK! I MISS ALL THESE NEW LEIS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I remember the LEI post fondly. Awww.

Is Esta a French speaker because this sounds like one as in "mon fils a neuf ans and les jumeaux ont sept ans."
    Italian and Spanish also express age that way. I'd always imagined Esta as an older woman with 17 cats and a ouija board, chain-smoking and knocking back the vodka while posting about the black mark of TAT and Ussova's leis.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Italian and Spanish also express age that way.
    Thanks, makes sense being all Romance languages.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Italian and Spanish also express age that way. I'd always imagined Esta as an older woman with 17 cats and a ouija board, chain-smoking and knocking back the vodka while posting about the black mark of TAT and Ussova's leis.
    Seemed like that to me as well! Also agree that she might be from Pasha or another competitor's camp.
    I miss her funny posts sometimes.

vCash
    ESTA?
    Estonian Skating Trolls Association?
    Excellent Scott/Tessa Analysis?
    Elusive Stupid Triple Axels?
    Ekaterina Sobolieva Tutukova Androkova (newest Russian jumping bean)?

I wondered what this ESTA org. was until I read this delightful thread! I wonder if the letters really do stand for something interesting. I never saw the original posts but sure hope she(?) comes back!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    ESTA is like the Living Saint in that they only appear when they are really needed.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Ah, Esta.

The first (Esta #1) was almost definitely a pseud of Pasha's aunt, who lived in Germany. This Esta posted on Adrian Chew's board, FSWorld.

Then there was another (Esta #2), whom I believe to be somehow associated with Natalia Linichuk and/or UDel, who posted first on Brad Miller's FSWurld and on this incarnation of FSU. This Esta was (I think) a spoof of the previous Esta. For awhile, she used a variety of other aliases - Dancer (who claimed to be an international judge), Pasha is a Living Legend, etc. Sometimes the pseuds would talk to one another. It's possible that Esta #1 and Esta #2 are the same person, but I don't think so.

Then there's a third Esta (Esta #3), who posted on gymnastics message boards. This one is definitely a spoof of the spoof and almost certainly a native English speaker. The Dmitriev post does not match the ones here.

I always wonder what Pasha's aunt must've thought to see her pseudonym suddenly come "alive" and then multiply and take on a life of its own.
    THANK YOU for explaining the history of "Esta," I always wondered how this whole thing started. And as someone who absolutely could not stand Oksana Grishuk when her ego turned her into "Pasha," boy, am I glad I stayed out of it!
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I don't know why but at first I thought Esta was Russian just because she was so emotionally invested in Russian coaches and skaters.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I don't know why but at first I thought Esta was Russian just because she was so emotionally invested in Russian coaches and skaters.
    and Russian gymnasts. I knew nothing about ESTA, but going through the archives, ESTA appears to have liked predicting things. For example, one of the predictions was that Anna Pavlova would win 6 gold medals at the last Olympics. That obviously never transpired, but one of the predictions is still to be determined either way - that Alena Leonova will win the Olympic title in Sochi. If Alena does win, maybe ESTA will come back then.

This is ESTA's post from the 8th August 2008 (the date of the opening ceremony to the 2008 Olympics):-

"ANNA PAVLOVA WILL WIN 6 GOLD MEDALS!!!!!

I PRAY, THAT ANNA PAVLOVA WILL WIN 6 GOLD MEDALS. SHE IS, THE BEST, THE MOST GRACE FULL, MOST WONDER FULL GYMNAST.

I PRAY, THAT SHAWN JOHNSON WILL MISS HER FAULT AND FALL ON BARS. I PRAY, THAT BAD TECHNIK AMERICANS WILL WIN NONE MEDAL!!!!!!!! AND I PRAY, THAT CHINESE WHO LEI AND CHEAT LIKE USSOVA WILL BE COME IN THE FORTH PLACE.

RUSSIA FOR OLYMPIC GOLD! ANNA PAVLOVA SIX GOLD MEDALS!!!!! MAY THE OLYMPICS BEGGIN!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox, love,yours, esta.
    "

This was from the 7th March 2009:-

"ALENA LEONOVA WILL BECOME 2014 GOLD MEDALIST

i think, alena leonova has perfekt technique and lovvely programs and best artistry. i cannot believe, she defeates caroline zhang. i pray please judges make low marks for zhang!!!!!! and they do!!!!!!! LEONOVA WILL BECOME OLYMPIC CHAMPION YOU WILL SEE!

xoxoxoxooxoxo, love, yours, esta.
    "
    Last edited by Maofan7; 01-07-2012 at 09:48 PM.

vCash
    this baiul tirade was amazing. from 2/12/2007.

ASK YOUR SELF ``WHO IS RISPONSIBLE FOR DRUNK SANA``? THE UNSWER IS SIMPLE. MAYA USOVA. ASK YOUR SELF ``WHO INTRO-DUCES SIXTEEN YEARS OLD GOOD CHRISTIAN GIRL TO CIGARETTES!!!!! AND ALCHOHOL!!!! AND PERVERSIONS OF LESBIONISM!!!! THE UNSWER IS MAYA USOVA!!!!!!!!! THIS WOMAN WHO IS NEARLY FORTY YEARS OF AGE BE-FRIENDS SIXTEEN YEARS OLD GIRL. SHE MAKES HER IN DEPRESSION AND MAKES HER TO EMITATE PASHA-OKSANA GRISHUK AND BECOME JALOUS AND TELL LEIS. I THINK, BAIUL WHILL BE A GOOD CHRISTIAN GIRL TODAY IF SHE NEVER MEETS MAYA USOVA. IT IS TRUE SHAME!!!!!!! TRUE SHAME!!!!!!! FOR BAIUL TO EVER MEET USOVA. I CRY FOR TERRIBLE TWIST OF FATE WHICH MAKES USOVA BE-FRIEND BAIUL. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo, love,yours, esta.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Ah, Esta.

Another Esta pseudonym was Moscowfan. There were three of them-- Esta, Dancer, and Moscowfan-- posting at the same time and echoing each other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliona22 View Post
    this baiul tirade was amazing. from 2/12/2007.

ASK YOUR SELF ``WHO IS RISPONSIBLE FOR DRUNK SANA``? THE UNSWER IS SIMPLE. MAYA USOVA. ASK YOUR SELF ``WHO INTRO-DUCES SIXTEEN YEARS OLD GOOD CHRISTIAN GIRL TO CIGARETTES!!!!! AND ALCHOHOL!!!! AND PERVERSIONS OF LESBIONISM!!!! THE UNSWER IS MAYA USOVA!!!!!!!!! THIS WOMAN WHO IS NEARLY FORTY YEARS OF AGE BE-FRIENDS SIXTEEN YEARS OLD GIRL. SHE MAKES HER IN DEPRESSION AND MAKES HER TO EMITATE PASHA-OKSANA GRISHUK AND BECOME JALOUS AND TELL LEIS. I THINK, BAIUL WHILL BE A GOOD CHRISTIAN GIRL TODAY IF SHE NEVER MEETS MAYA USOVA. IT IS TRUE SHAME!!!!!!! TRUE SHAME!!!!!!! FOR BAIUL TO EVER MEET USOVA. I CRY FOR TERRIBLE TWIST OF FATE WHICH MAKES USOVA BE-FRIEND BAIUL. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo, love,yours, esta
    I thought Baiul was Jewish?
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    She found that out after she started practicing Russian Orthodox Crhistianity. Not sure if she stopped and started practicing Judaism.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    She found that out after she started practicing Russian Orthodox Crhistianity. Not sure if she stopped and started practicing Judaism.
    Oksana was in her twenties when she found out about her Jewish heritage. Based on recent photos she posted on her FB page, I know she definitely celebrates Christmas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PishPosh9 View Post
    Helo, I before have never posted but must share with you all these secrets big!

I MAKE NO BELIEVE NOMORE Arthur Dimitriev be good a man! HA! NO TRUE my friend. He is mean bold angry ugly man. He throw poor Natalia to ground and make her everyone tell SHE wanted stop skating. He make her cover legs because they be "to fat" and he stuff himself with sock, because he be wanting to look big. HA! He's no big, he's small and ugly! He get Natalia pregnant and she have to get rid of child, he then tell her "he hates you" and no want to be partner. He blame Natalia for Silver in olympics and pray that Katia and Sergei have bad luck!! He mean, he no like woman or children or puppys. He drown dogs and cats!But he be dog! DOG! WOOF WOOF! He make up spin...corkscrew HA!!!He steal spin...he steal spin from poor Russian couple who never make team because he drown her dog in sea and break boys leg! Mean bold Arthur. Poor lovely talia...Oksana Kazakova has BLAME too. she be steal partner girl. ....
    That's all for now
    I must have share
    bye my friend
    If I remember correctly, this quote was from a poster named DATA and not ESTA. Also, I distinctly remember later on in that thread that DATA believed the only reason Michelle Kwan (or anyone else) ever talked to Artur Dmitriev at the 1998 Olympics was because of his sock. Or am I just dreaming that I read that way back when...?

In the middle of a hair war with Alena Leonova.
    vCash
    I still like the post where Esta simply stated,

I HAVE JUMPED THE DOUBLE SALCHOW

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast