Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Wasn't Tanith's mother a skater??

vCash

Post Daria's interview in 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I heard she was going to college. Did she take up another sport or will she just be studying?

Q&A WITH DARIA GORDEEVA-GRINKOVA: Stick replaces skates
    by Steve V.

http://www.gg-corner.de/?p=1337
    Last edited by andante1139; 01-07-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Add article title

vCash
    That original article/interview with Daria by Steve Virgen (published in the Daily Pilot on April 1, 2009) is still online, BTW. Relevant excerpt:
    Q: Was it hard for you to stop ice skating?

A: I loved it, but it was never exactly what I wanted to do. I always felt pushed — my mom never pushed me to figure skate — it was everyone around and they were like, “Oh, you’re going to be just like your mom. Oh, you’re going to win the Olympics just like your mom.” I never really wanted that that much so I never pushed hard enough to achieve something like that. It wasn’t hard for me to stop, but I was really scared that my mom wasn’t going to approve of it and that she was going to get mad at me or upset or disappointed. I didn’t want that at all. But I realized that she would be even more disappointed if I spent my time doing something that I didn’t want to do instead of doing something I wanted to do.

Q: You probably had a lot of pressure in figure skating, right?

A: I did. That’s something else that turned me against [skating] because everyone expected me to do so well. It’s hard when everyone has so many expectations for you and you’re just like, “I don’t know. I don’t know how to handle this.”

From when I was 7 till the time I was 15, and that’s the time you’re growing the most, it was hard when everyone is like, “You have to be an amazing figure skater and you have to do this and do that.”

And, it was just like, “Oh my God, I can’t even handle this.”

vCash
    1972 Olympian Suna Murray is Kylie Gleason's mom..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I assume you mean Carolina Kostner.
    yes of course

and I don think Alissa mother qualifies as a skater

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123