Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UDelpairs2012 View Post
    Jeandel/Dodge have broken up. She is quiting and he is partner searching
    Since they are not an international team, I've quoted your post and replied to you in the U.S. Ice Dance splits thread in the Trash Can: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...11#post3572911

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Zhang Yue/Wang Lei has also been rumoured to split. Yao Bin said there may be a big shuffle in the pairs.

They won a couple of JGP and JGPF medals and placed 9th at the last 2 4CCs.
    Thanks for the heads up. feraina did some checking on this, as well as another rumored Chinese pair split, and has replied in this thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...89#post3569689

Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    I loved that Baker/Yang had a unique look and approach--which I (perhaps incorrectly?)--attribute to their being coached by his dad.
    It is my understanding that Jean-Luc Baker's primary coach and choreographer in Seattle was his mother Sharon Jones Baker (the 1985-1988 British ice dance champion with Paul Askham), with coaching assistance from his father, Steve Baker.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-19-2012 at 12:29 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Right--I meant his mom *and* dad. Well, let's hope they don't get too Detroitified!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UDelpairs2012 View Post
    Jeandel/Dodge have broken up. She is quiting and he is partner searching
    Damian has confirmed he is now skating with Julia Biechler.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Damian has confirmed he is now skating with Julia Biechler.
    Wow. That's an awfully big jump from Intermediate to Junior for her. Good luck to them!

vCash
    Re-posting from the US Ice Dance splits thread in the Trash Can:
    Quote Originally Posted by dancergrl View Post
    According to a blog just posted on ice-dance.com, Isabella Cannuscio and Michael Bramante have teamed up and will be training in Delaware - best of luck to them!
    Link: http://www.ice-dance.com/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Fascinating... that's a team that I just never imagined....
    Michael and Colin ( McManus)have been friends here in Boston for years. Love them both,so my fingers are crossed that this works. It's a great mix of supportive , easy going parents and focused ,talented,personable skaters.
    So happy for all of them. Looking forward to Lake Placid!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blademate View Post
    Last I heard, Jones is trying to work things out with Beharry.
    Yes, that is now confirmed. Too bad, as I thought he and Katie Bobak were terrific together.

vCash
    According to a blog just posted on ice-dance.com, Isabella Cannuscio and Michael Bramante have teamed up and will be training in Delaware - best of luck to them!
    Sorry I am out of it... Do we know what happened to his last partner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Sorry I am out of it... Do we know what happened to his last partner?
    Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker have teamed up - it was posted earlier in this thread (also cross-posted in the US Ice Dance splits thread in the Trash Can).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kppt View Post
    Yes, that is now confirmed. Too bad, as I thought he and Katie Bobak were terrific together.
    It is too bad ... never have been a fan of Jones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laceup View Post
    Me neither IMO he has taken a very big step downward.

vCash
    Originally Posted by laceup

Me neither IMO he has taken a very big step downward.
    Oh please, it's not exactly as if Bobak was the second coming of Gordeeva...

Bobak had slightly better posture and flexibility, Jones has better jumps and throws, I think it's a fairly even swap. It is a shame that they chose the Wirtzes over Barkell though, as the progress Barkell was able to make with Jones' second mark will likely be undone.

vCash
    It is a shame that they chose the Wirtzes over Barkell though, as the progress Barkell was able to make with Jones' second mark will likely be undone.
    ITA. Jones is still very much a work in progress, and was doing well under Barkell. It's unlikely she'll get what she needs in the Wirtz camp. Unfortunate for her, and for Ian too.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Oh please, it's not exactly as if Bobak was the second coming of Gordeeva...

Bobak had slightly better posture and flexibility, Jones has better jumps and throws, I think it's a fairly even swap.
    I wasn't a fan of Bobak either and completely agree with your comparison of Bobak/Jones. I wish he'd found a way to work things out with Sequin. I don't think Bobak or Jones have a great future in skating. Sequin on the other hand, just might.

vCash
    I think Seguin is going to focus on making the jump to Senior in singles. She has all her triples now, and god knows we need better ladies. Maybe one day she will return to pairs. I don't know if aesthetically she would have been a good match for Ian, but they likely would have been technically solid. I actually think Ian and KMT could be an exciting, athletic pairing if Dylan retires after 2014 and KMT wishes to continue.

vCash
    Heard that Lauri Bonacorsi might have teamed up with Ian Lorello in Detroit? Any verification? Would love to see these two back on the ice!

vCash
    Heard a rumour that Richard Sharpe has gone Stateside and teamed up with American Carter Jones after splitting with long time partner Sophie. Wonder what happened there?

vCash
    I believe these are the new Senior teams that have registered for the Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships, July 25-28 - link to the newly created LPIDC competition thread in the 2012-13 Kiss and Cry forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84178
    Alissandra Aronow / Collin Brubaker (USA)
    Lauri Bonacorsi / Ian Lorello (USA)
    Isabella Cannuscio / Michael Bramante (USA)
    Audrey Dupont / Alexandre Laliberté (CAN)
    Carter Jones (USA) / Richard Sharpe (GBR)
    Rachel Kirkland (CAN) / Matthew Kleffman (USA)
    Gabriela Morrell Zucker (USA) / Andrejs Sitiks (LAT)
    Anastasia Olson / Keiffer Hubbell (USA)
    Kseniya Ponomaryova (UKR) / Oleg Altukhov
    Brittany Schmucker (USA) / Nikolai Babin (RUS)

New Junior teams registered for LPIDC:
    Courtney Baay / Nick Toth (CAN)
    Marina Barova (UKR) / Allan Stoll (CAN)
    Julia Biechler / Damian Dodge (USA)
    Anna Bolshem (USA) / Ronald Zilberberg (ISR)
    Rachel Brozina / Nicholas Taylor (USA)
    Audrey Croteau-Villeneuve / Dominic Barthe (CAN)
    Bianka Gadosy / Benjamin Smyth (CAN)
    Kaitlin Hawayek / Jean-Luc Baker (USA)
    Jessica Jiang / Nikolas Wamsteeker (CAN - may have split as she is on IPS now)
    Tatiana Kozmava (GEO) / Alexander Zolotarev (RUS)
    Jessica Mancini / Brad Kleffman (USA)
    Yura Min (KOR) / Sam Kaplun (UKR)
    Nikolina Pakhomova (RUS) / Brett Mueller (USA)
    Mackenzie Reid / Christian Erwin (USA - recently re-teamed?)
    Madeleine Rutledge / Tyler Brooks (USA)
    Isabel Sneider / Alexander Strupinski (POL?)
    Carolane Soucisse / Simon Tanguay (CAN)
    Amy Wang (USA) / Malcolm Jones (CAN)

ETA: Two other new Canadian dance teams (at least one member is Canadian) that have registered for the Québec Summer Championships: Laurence Fournier Beaudry (CAN) / Nikolaj Sorensen (DEN) in Senior and Christina Penkov / Simon Proulx-Sénécal in Junior.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-04-2012 at 05:23 PM.

vCash
    mutual decision i believe. from what i have heard they felt they had reached their maximum potential from the set-up they had. Richard has paired up with Carter Jones, Sophie has paired up with Jordan Brown

vCash
    Sylvia, Alexander Strupinski is Polish American I believe and he placed 6th at 2012 Polish Junior Nationals (in singles) so yes it's likely he might intend to represent Poland with his new partner.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast