Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I should clarify that the Canadian pairs of Bobak/Beharry and Jones/Gaskell are rumored to have split -- no official announcements or public explanations have been issued by them, their coaches or Skate Canada to date -- and what I have seen posted online so far (in the Canadian Pairs 2012 thread in the Trash Can) has all been hearsay information/speculation. I determined that the hearsay and other information I received reliable enough to include these 2 pairs in my splits list above.
    It was discussed at length in other thread. Both teams have unfortunately split. Jones was seen trying out with Beharry in KW. Bobak was seen by herself in Barrie. There isn't always an official announcement. Jones/Gaskell had a bit of a rough Nationals. It's not entirely surprising. Bobak/Beharry is still a jaw-dropper for me. It still seems so wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayana_mnk View Post
    On the subject of Kadlecova and Bidar, here is confirmation (through Google Translate) that Bidar has paired up with former singles skater Martina Bocek.
    Are they going to represent Czech Republic or Italy (Martina should have dual citizenship and she competed for Italy until Junior).
    I guess the answer is Czech, but who knows....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian74! View Post
    Are they going to represent Czech Republic or Italy (Martina should have dual citizenship and she competed for Italy until Junior).
    I guess the answer is Czech, but who knows....
    Since Martina has been competing for the Czech Republic internationally I would asssume so too.

vCash
    Jones has moved to Cali to skate with someone there. In other news, Vanessa Crone is skating with a Dane, but they will represent Canada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kppt View Post
    Jones has moved to Cali to skate with someone there. In other news, Vanessa Crone is skating with a Dane, but they will represent Canada.
    Sorry, but who is Dane?

vCash
    A guy from Denmark. Haven't heard a name yet.

vCash
    Nikolaj Sorensen? He last skated (for Denmark) with Canadian Katelyn Good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Sorry, but who is Dane?

Probably Nikolaj Sorensen.. He competed until last season internationally for Denmark but hes nowhere near the level of Vanessa..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXYSMb8GlWU

vCash
    Assuming this is true, why would they skate for Canada and not Denmark?

vCash
    Coach Bin Yao announced to the Chinese press that Zhang/Zhang have split and that the new Chinese pair team of Peng/Zhang has been formed.

Dan Zhang (she) has retired and Hao Zhang (he) will skate with Cheng Peng, age 17 - link to separate news/discussion thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83573
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-07-2012 at 05:35 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Confirmed: Vanessa is skating with Nikolaj Sorensen. They will make their debut at Lake Placid.

vCash
    Originally Posted by kppt
    Jones has moved to Cali to skate with someone there.
    Last I heard, Jones is trying to work things out with Beharry.

vCash
    Dance: Kate Louise Bagnall & Rory Shanahan (GBR) have also split (ISU JGP competitors).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Coach Bin Yao announced to the Chinese press that Zhang/Zhang have split and that the new Chinese pair team of Peng/Zhang has been formed.

Dan Zhang (she) has retired and Hao Zhang (he) will skate with Cheng Peng, age 17 - link to separate news/discussion thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83573
    Zhang Yue/Wang Lei has also been rumoured to split. Yao Bin said there may be a big shuffle in the pairs.

They won a couple of JGP and JGPF medals and placed 9th at the last 2 4CCs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    Since Martina has been competing for the Czech Republic internationally I would asssume so too.
    Surely for Czech Republic, she had already done that in singles. I would see them first at Czech FSA test skate at the end of August, training inside infos are positive (SBS 2A and triples, starting with throw triples up to Flip), but you would never until the first public showing. As far as I know, Martina is Italian citizen (her mother is "South Tyrolean") and her father and half of the family is from Czech Republic. I don´t know if the citizenship process would be ready to Sochi, but we would see after first season together and if their would be a potential for Team event in Sochi. It´s too soon to bet now.

vCash
    New article from ice-dance.com with some partner updates. http://www.ice-dance.com/features/ar...e-dance-blog-4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post
    New article from ice-dance.com with some partner updates. http://www.ice-dance.com/features/ar...e-dance-blog-4
    From that:
    Jean-Luc Baker, whose partnership with Joylyn Yang ended when Yang was forced to retire due to injury, has teamed with Kaitlin Hawayek. Like Olson & Hubbell, they will also train in Detroit.
    I'm a little sad that Baker won't stay in Seattle, though I can understand going to Detroit. I loved that Baker/Yang had a unique look and approach--which I (perhaps incorrectly?)--attribute to their being coached by his dad. Hope that the new partnership works out very well! And wishing Joylyn Yang the best with her back.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I'm excited for Jean Luc to have a partner, but I'm surprised that he's moving to skate in Detroit. I loved the OD's and some of the FD's that he and Joylyn skated together.

vCash
    Jeandel/Dodge have broken up. She is quiting and he is partner searching

vCash
    The JLs had The Best programs. The prospect of Jean-Luc and new partner getting all Detroitified makes me sad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast