Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Pairs/Dance splits 2012 season

US intermediate dance silver medalists Julia Biechler and Alexander Petrov split, he is on ice partner search

Banned Member
    vCash
    That merry go round starts after nationals.

vCash
    Can I have him? I wish I could find a partner for dance or pairs Sad that Julia and Alexander split, they were a good team and skated well together.

vCash
    His edges are to die for!

vCash
    I posted about this pre-Nationals Senior team split in the U.S. Dance thread the other day: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...1&postcount=46

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    US intermediate dance silver medalists Julia Biechler and Alexander Petrov split, he is on ice partner search
    Is he a skating import or an American citizen of Russian origins?

vCash
    Ice dancers usually aren't imported that young. According to this January 2011 article published after Biechler/Petrov won the U.S. Juvenile Dance title, Alexander "Sasha" Petrov, now 13 years old, was born in Russia but his parents decided to move to the U.S. and start coaching - they are based in Hershey, PA: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...onal_gold.html
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-07-2012 at 06:03 AM.

vCash
    Various rumours have been circulating since Worlds at Nice, that Zahorski and Miart have split.

I would like to confirm that there is absolutely no truth in any of these rumours. Zahorski and Miart are still very much together and are very busy preparing for the new season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taz'smum View Post
    Various rumours have been circulating since Worlds at Nice, that Zahorski and Miart have split.

I would like to confirm that there is absolutely no truth in any of these rumours. Zahorski and Miart are still very much together and are very busy preparing for the new season.
    Maybe you should cross-post this info here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79480
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Maybe you should cross-post this info here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79480
    Thanks for the advice Sylvia

vCash
    You're welcome - good luck to them next season!

Since this thread has been bumped up, I'll take the opportunity to post the known splits of the senior/junior international pair and dance teams listed in the current ISU World Standings ranking lists (updated April 30, 2012):

PAIRS
    12 Amanda Evora/Mark Ladwig USA
    17 Lubov Iliushechkina/Nodari Maisuradze RUS
    22 Klara Kadlecova/Petr Bidar CZE
    25 Ashley Cain/Joshua Reagan USA
    29 Katherine Bobak/Ian Beharry CAN
    33 Katharina Gierok/Florian Just GER (eta: mentioned by oubik below)
    36 Natasha Purich/Raymond Schultz CAN
    39 Brittany Jones/Kurtis Gaskell CAN
    44 Carolina Gillespie/Luca Dematté ITA
    63 Andrea Poapst/Chris Knierim USA
    65 Cassie Andrews/Timothy LeDuc USA
    [Split after 2010-11 season but still listed:
    68 Brynn Carman/AJ Reiss USA
    75 Molly Aaron/Daniyel Cohen USA
    78 Lindsay Davis/Themistocles Leftheris USA
    78 Erika Smith/Nathan Bartholomay USA
    82 Morgan Agster/Adam Civiello USA
    ]

Note: Alexandra Rodriguez/Aritz Maestu ESP are not ranked but have split (he is listed on IPS) - they were the first pair team to represent Spain in international competition (JGP and Jr. Worlds this season).

Posted in the Trash Can forum because it's still a rumor: Unconfirmed: Zhang and Zhang may split? (they're ranked #26).

DANCE
    24 Lauri Bonacorsi/Travis Mager USA
    36 Tanja Kolbe/Stefano Caruso GER
    37 Anastasia Galyeta/Alexei Shumski UKR
    38 Charlotte Lichtman/Dean Copely USA
    55 Isabella Cannuscio/Ian Lorello USA
    74 Kaitlin Hawayek/Michael Bramante USA
    86 Anastasia Olson/Jordan Cowan USA
    ... any other teams that competed internationally in 2011-12?
    Unranked: Sophie Jones/Richard Sharpe GBR
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-02-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taz'smum View Post

That's good to hear. I very much enjoyed them at Euros (shame about the mistakes in the prelims ).
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ... any other teams that competed internationally in 2011-12?
    Pairs:

Katharina Gierok / Florian Just (GER, senior Bs, he is quitting)
    Linda Wenzig / Matti Landgraf (GER - jun, JW Preliminaries)

Michelle & Richard Lundberg (SWE - jun, JGP, but WD from EC and JWC) - but it´s hearsay info I have, can anyone from Sweden confirm?

Ice Dance:

Natalia Jancosek / Petr Seknicka (SVK - jun, JGP)
    Lolita Yermak / Oleksander Ljubchenko (UKR - jun, JGP, she teamed up Alexey Khimich who was trying in Great Britain for a season or two)

vCash
    Didn't know about Kadlecova and Bidar..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oubik View Post

Michelle & Richard Lundberg (SWE - jun, JGP, but WD from EC and JWC) - but it´s hearsay info I have, can anyone from Sweden confirm?
    It is very likely; they were not at the national pairs/ice dance clinic last weekend. All the other fairly high level pairs and ice dancers were there (all 5 couples... ).

vCash
    Even though this thread is about international teams now, here's a follow-up to post #1 in this thread: Katherine Gourianova (7th in U.S. Intermediate Dance this past season) and Alexander Petrov (U.S. Intermediate silver medalist) are a new U.S. Novice dance team, coached by his parents - Gourianova/Petrov exhibited pattern dances (Starlight Waltz & Paso Doble) at a local Virginia competition last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Didn't know about Kadlecova and Bidar..
    I believe she put up a profile on IPS several months ago (they withdrew from Nationals in December 2011 and didn't enter 2012 Europeans).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-04-2012 at 03:57 PM.

vCash
    On the subject of Kadlecova and Bidar, here is confirmation (through Google Translate) that Bidar has paired up with former singles skater Martina Bocek.

vCash
    I know I'm late on the draw with this- but what happened to Canadian Junior Pair Champs Bobak/Beharry? Very surprised they ended it. They seemed to be having a good season similar to US team Denney/Frazier?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carriemarie View Post
    I know I'm late on the draw with this- but what happened to Canadian Junior Pair Champs Bobak/Beharry? Very surprised they ended it. They seemed to be having a good season similar to US team Denney/Frazier?
    I didn't know that either! Very surprised. I wonder if they're each looking for a partner. They seemed really good.

vCash
    I should clarify that the Canadian pairs of Bobak/Beharry and Jones/Gaskell are rumored to have split -- no official announcements or public explanations have been issued by them, their coaches or Skate Canada to date -- and what I have seen posted online so far (in the Canadian Pairs 2012 thread in the Trash Can) has all been hearsay information/speculation. I determined that the hearsay and other information I received reliable enough to include these 2 pairs in my splits list above.

ETA: To sum up, we really don't know what happened re. Bobak/Beharry.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-05-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast