Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    vCash
    It has been pointed out Alissa did poorly at last year's DSC send off show too.

(But I agree, I am nervous for her. Mostly about whether or not she decides to wear that awful dress.)

vCash
    Maybe she sat funny and her leg was asleep for that performance. If this Alissa shows up at nationals, I doubt if she'll even make it to 4CC, let alone worlds.

To be honest, she hasn't looked strong all year long. Her placements belie the fact that she's struggled all season, culminating in her bad showing at the GPF. I'm not saying she won't do well at nationals but given the season she's had paired with history (this would be a bad year for her at nationals), she's fighting an uphill battle.

vCash
    To be honest, she hasn't looked strong all year long. Her placements belie the fact that she's struggled all season, culminating in her bad showing at the GPF. I'm not saying she won't do well at nationals but given the season she's had paired with history (this would be a bad year for her at nationals), she's fighting an uphill battle.
    And on top of that she'll be DEFENDING A TITLE. I repeat, defending. a. title. If that doesn't strike fear in every Czisny fan around, I don't know what will.

Still, this is her best shot, and she should still be considered the favorite since her competitors haven't really fared any better.

vCash
    ^^Yeah, we see how badly she crumbled under the pressure of having to defend last time (2010), granted she was under slightly more pressure b/c she was trying to qualify for the Olympics. But still, they always say defending the title is far more difficult than winning it...she's got the bulls eye on her back and I don't know how she'll handle that kind of pressure.

I've just got a bad feeling about her when it comes to nationals...

vCash
    oops, replied to wrong thread. Nevermind, ignore post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    It has been pointed out Alissa did poorly at last year's DSC send off show too.

(But I agree, I am nervous for her. Mostly about whether or not she decides to wear that awful dress.)
    Dress? It looked more like a gown over undies and it collected between her legs in front in an unattractive way to look like bloomers imo . She used to dress in such beautiful costumes.

vCash
    Yeah, hopefully that was a one time only dress b/c that was not cute...I'm okay with the sheer ones she does (I thought this one was lovely) but when it looks like you're wearing a bra and panties? Uh-uh. That's a no-no...

vCash
    I won't be overly surprised if a "darkhorse" wins Nationals this year, leaving one slot for the "old" ladies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I won't be overly surprised if a "darkhorse" wins Nationals this year, leaving one slot for the "old" ladies.
    I've considered that as well. I would really love to see Agnes make the transition from "potential" to "international podium threat." She has the right ingredients, so let's get this soup boiling already!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    That's what I was saying earlier- there may be a surprise or two waiting!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    The rules were different in 2010 in regards to the spiral sequence. How do you think Alissa's 2011 scores would be if she had two lv4 spiral sequences on her side?
    Well put.

None of the top 3 contenders (Czisny, Nagasu, Wagner) have looked particularly commanding but then neither has Flatt (she's looked the worse imo).

Just a few more days to go-the competition will tell the tale.

vCash
    So much for that bright idea!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    So much for that bright idea!
    It's just that the judges are finally marking her fairly. She never should have been on par with Wagner, Nagasu or Czisny etc on PCS and GOEs! Singling the 2axel didn't really hurt that much IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    It's just that the judges are finally marking her fairly. She never should have been on par with Wagner, Nagasu or Czisny etc on PCS and GOEs! Singling the 2axel didn't really hurt that much IMO.
    ITA.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718