Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Congratulations!!! Happy for Johnny and Victor!!!

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    In the K/N void
    Posts
    2,408
    vCash
    892
    Rep Power
    1843


    And may they be very happy together!

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In my eatin' dress
    Posts
    908
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Has there been any current national-level or higher competitor in a same-sex marriage? (Do we consider Johnny as a current competitor? I guess it depends whether he returns next year). Or even who speaks openly about a same-sex relationship? It reminds me of how any biopic of the guys always includes mention of the girlfriend/wife...would be interesting to see whether the biopic for Johnny cuts out the personal or includes. I would think it'd have to include it.

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,173
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4024
    It will be interesting to see how and if the federation comments on this, I am sure that if Johnny returns to competition, we are NOT going to get shots of Victor rooting for Johnny like Tanith rooting for Evan when they were "dating".

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Deep in a Dream
    Posts
    7,570
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20067
    I doubt that Weir will return to competition so the federation can continue to pretend that their gay skaters are "eligible bachelors". Props to Weir for being so public about it, though.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,153
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    "the flamboyant star, known for his unique style and love of handbags" i love it!

    http://www.toofab.com/2012/01/02/joh...ictor-voronov/

    he does have quite the birkin collection

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,469
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    21476
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    It will be interesting to see how and if the federation comments on this,
    The fact that the topic is discussed in the IceNetwork article is a good sign. Unless he returns to competition I wouldn't expect more than that.

    I am sure that if Johnny returns to competition, we are NOT going to get shots of Victor rooting for Johnny like Tanith rooting for Evan when they were "dating".
    That would be up to the networks, primarily. Unless USFS gives them an ultimatum -- don't talk about Weir's personal life or else . . . or else what? We won't let you show our competition on TV? I don't think they're in a position to turn down media coverage.

    So I think if the networks want to mention it, they will. Depends who they think their audience is.

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    667
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Exactly. The federation would be shooting themselves in the foot to forbid a network to mention it, under threat of not allowing them to show their competitions, and they know darn well who their audience is.

    I agree with Nomad but I would not mind if he proved us wrong.

    Here's hoping Johnny and Vitya live happily ever after!

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,261
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,125
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Congrats Johnny and Victor!

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Maybe Gaga can walk Johny down the aisle, Elton John sings Eva Maria, and Ru Paul performs the marriage ceremony. Evan serves as the best man .

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    566
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Johnny & Victor! <3

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    on the rivers of Babylon
    Posts
    401
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    "the flamboyant star, known for his unique style and love of handbags" i love it!

    http://www.toofab.com/2012/01/02/joh...ictor-voronov/

    he does have quite the birkin collection
    Last edited by grandma; 01-03-2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: wrong quote, sorry

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    on the rivers of Babylon
    Posts
    401
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I doubt that Weir will return to competition so the federation can continue to pretend that their gay skaters are "eligible bachelors". Props to Weir for being so public about it, though.

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,873
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    It will be interesting to see how and if the federation comments on this, I am sure that if Johnny returns to competition, we are NOT going to get shots of Victor rooting for Johnny like Tanith rooting for Evan when they were "dating".
    Well, Tanith and Evan were dating, they even travelled together in holidays. Remembering Tanith´s report from Paris(?)... Although Weir happens to be gay, it does not mean that all the other male skaters of today have to be gay, too. It is strange how even some skating fans still believe automatically, that if one is a skater, one is gay... At least skating fans should know better!
    Last edited by Jaana; 01-03-2012 at 11:20 AM.

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,333
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I've seen him live for the first time at 2001 Trophee Lalique, and I've been impressed by his LP to the puppet master : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaTfJSpuTbw

    Time goes by, it was 10 years ago !

  17. #57

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    761
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Maybe Gaga can walk Johny down the aisle, Elton John sings Eva Maria, and Ru Paul performs the marriage ceremony. Evan serves as the best man .

  18. #58

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,281
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Screenie View Post
    Has there been any current national-level or higher competitor in a same-sex marriage? (Do we consider Johnny as a current competitor? I guess it depends whether he returns next year). Or even who speaks openly about a same-sex relationship? It reminds me of how any biopic of the guys always includes mention of the girlfriend/wife...would be interesting to see whether the biopic for Johnny cuts out the personal or includes. I would think it'd have to include it.
    Considering the short amount of time "same sex" marriage has been legal in the US and the average age of the skaters...

    (And no, I don't considere him a "competitor". I doubt he will ever be a "force" to consider again. I don't expect Weir is going to be happy when he discovers that despite his "fame" he has to start at squre one and spend HOURS in the rink instead of "posing")

  19. #59

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,644
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42986
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    I don't expect Weir is going to be happy when he discovers that despite his "fame" he has to start at squre one and spend HOURS in the rink instead of "posing")
    He sounded fairly realistic in the recent Icenetwork article and seemed aware of what to expect when he begins training again: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Is he serious about possibly returning to competition?

    "We're keeping our lips tight about all that. I have made it no secret to my fans, especially, that I am resuming training with Galina at the end of January, and I want to see where I can go. If there is a moment for an official announcement that is yes -- or no, after training I realize I am too old and I have to retire -- then there will be some kind of announcement in the spring. But for now, I really want to close myself off from the world.

    "I'm not saying no, I'm not saying yes. A yes or no will come soon. I am going to start training as though I were to come back."

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,015
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Congratulations to Johnny. He and I share our anniversary now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •