View Poll Results: If Gracie Gold were in US Nationals as a senior instead of a junior, who would win?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gracie Gold

32 22.70%
  • Mirai Nagasu

34 24.11%
  • Alissa Czisny

54 38.30%
  • Rachael Flatt

0 0%
  • Ashley Wagner

8 5.67%
  • Agnes Zawadski

1 0.71%
  • Vanessa Lam

0 0%
  • Christina Gao

1 0.71%
  • Samantha Cesario

1 0.71%
  • Yasmin Siraj

0 0%
  • Caroline Zhang

1 0.71%
  • Other

9 6.38%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    And then American Idol.
    Following the 2022 Olympics where she wins Gold in Singles, pairs, and dance and coming off of a synchro world championship (A team that consisted of merely herself); she and her sister Carly will have a reality show on MTV. Gold Members?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    Following the 2022 Olympics where she wins Gold in Singles, pairs, and dance and coming off of a synchro world championship (A team that consisted of merely herself); she and her sister Carly will have a reality show on MTV. Gold Members?

vCash
    She will take 2021 off to become the first skater turned actress to win the Oscar, Emmy and tony all in the same year. Plus a grammy for best movie song.

$peedy will come up with all sorts of rules to keep her away from the 2022 olys, but after winning 3 golds, she will skate her bond inspired exhibition to gold finger, and repeatedly chuck $peedy the bird every timeshepasses him in the stands.

Impressionable junior skaters will copy her and 2023 willbe full of chuck the bird spirals, chuck the bird spins, and the famous chuck the bird lutz.

vCash
    After all these accomplishments, Gracie will be the Sole Honoree into the US Figure
    Skating Hall of Fame. She will peddle Hyundais, flat screen TVs and feminine hygiene products in South Korea as their new favorite person (not just favorite athlete...favorite human being!). Middle age women will spurn the Hamill wedge haircuts and grow their hair long and dye it GOLD. She'll become IceNetwork's new commentator, and her presence will make IceNetwork dwarf ESPN in popularity! Figure skating will pre-empt Football ,Basketball and Presidential addresses! All Russian wonder-babies will grow old and bitter and fat, they will turn greener than little Tukt's LP dress with envy .
    Last edited by FunnyBut; 01-03-2012 at 05:33 PM.

vCash
    Well, your all dead wrong. After she packs in skating, she will take up politics and become the first female President of the United States. Hillary Clinton, Sarah Palin, Nancy Pelosi, Condoleezza Rice, Michele Bachmann - tough luck!

May be worth everyone writing in with policy suggestions in advance of the inauguration. I think she should start by trying to finally find a solution to the Middle East problem.
    Last edited by Maofan7; 01-03-2012 at 06:09 PM.

vCash
    Well I heard Gracie Gold will single-handedly come up with a solution to our energy crisis by devising a way to convert simple H2O into a 100% clean and renewable fuel. After that, with nothing but her skates and a copy of Michael Jackson's "Heal the World," she will travel around the world performing an inspirational program that will move world leaders to tears and convince them to put aside their differences and live in peace and harmony forever. After establishing world peace, Gracie will take a short break and travel to remote regions of the world where she will discover nine new species (four frogs, three birds, a fly and a llama) and over a dozen new plants, several of which will have properties to cure cancer, hypertension, restless leg syndrome, PMS, IBS and childhood obesity.

After this incredible feat, she'll head back to civilization and perfect her model for interstellar space travel. Her work with NASA in discovering new galaxies and planets (including one that's identical to James Cameron's Pandora in the movie "Avatar") will receive three Nobel prizes in a row, after which the board decides to rename it the Gracie Gold Award. BTW, she'll do all of this while attending Harvard, Columbia and Yale (at the same time) as a full-time student, maintaining a 5.0 GPA, coaching underprivileged kids, and volunteering at her local pet shelter every other evening as a cat box cleaner...

vCash
    But why won't she be competing at the Senior Nationals to begin with, because of her poor result at those bloody Sectionals again?

Anyway, my vote went to Gracie in the poll. I promise I don't mean to put any pressure on her, it's just that I have a crush on her amazing jumps and dynamic skating.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    But why won't she be competing at the Senior Nationals to begin with, because of her poor result at those bloody Sectionals again?
    She is competing at senior nationals (as opposed to junior nationals, which were held in December), but at the Junior test level. According to her profile, she hasn't passed the senior test yet so she can't compete against Czisny et al.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    TEAM CAKE FOREVER!
    Nah. Cake always crumbles...
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Flatt, Zawadzki, Lam, and Siraj each need at least 1 vote, y'all.

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I heard she's going to land a 4A/4L combo in her fourth Olympics. And win a Pulitzer for her memoir.
    She's going to land the first quintuple jump, too.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

vCash
    Another vote for the Kween, since her mere presence in the audience will slay the competition.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto Guzzi View Post
    She's going to land the first quintuple jump, too.
    Her 3-jump combo is going to be quint salchow-quad toe-triple loop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Her 3-jump combo is going to be quint salchow-quad toe-triple loop.
    Nah, that's childs play, my money is on 5A-4A-3A , but in all seriousness, this is starting to get quite sad, we all keep pinning our hopes on a young girl with potentital to be the next US great, but when she doesn't live up to the hype that was biult up by fans, and not the girl herself, we all want to go her. Yeah we shouldn't lose hope, but at this point were becoming "The fans who cried Kwan".

vCash
    ^^I agree, that's why I found this thread so hilarious!

I think people need to chill. Gracie has good jumps and a great attitude but she hasn't done anything yet. She won one JGP...that's it. This is her first time qualifying for junior nationals and yet people are already naming her as the best bet for Soichi even though she has nothing but a JGP event and novice level experience to go on as of now; she's never even been to a senior level event. Who knows how she'll fare under the pressure of competing against the world's best?

These overzealous fans are going to kill her with pressure before she steps foot on senior ice! I know she says she won't let the pressure get to her, but that's talk coming from a young skater who has never been under the pressure before, so sure it's easy to say that now.

Just let her gain the competitive experience she needs and allow her to grow without burying her under pressure and expectation before she even gets started...that's all I'm saying.
    Last edited by kwanatic; 01-05-2012 at 08:25 PM.

vCash
    You guys forgot that Dick Button will no longer be the only American with a European title in a few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Oh, Chips, c'mon now. Junior ladies only rule the known universe until they fcuk up.
    Precisely. Christina's 117 points at COR have adjusted my expectations for her. Lol watch Gracie do the same thing at nationals...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Precisely. Christina's 117 points at COR have adjusted my expectations for her. Lol watch Gracie do the same thing at nationals...
    She'll get that in her SP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    She'll get that in her SP.
    No, no Vagabond. Wrong again. That 117 will be her TES for the SP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    No, no Vagabond. Wrong again. That 117 will be her TES for the SP!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast