Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Katy Perry, Russell Brand To Divorce

TMZ reports.....

In the docs, filed in L.A., Brand cites "irreconcilable differences." The two were married Oct. 23, 2010 in India. They have no kids.
    Although it's not 100%, based on what we now know it appears Brand may have blindsided Perry by filing the divorce petition.
    He filed, not her....interesting.

vCash
    Although it's not 100%, based on what we now know it appears Brand may have blindsided Perry by filing the divorce petition.

Russell appeared on "Ellen" just this month, slamming divorce rumors (below) -- claiming, "I'm really happily married ... I’m married to Katy. Perpetually, until death do us part was the pledge. I’m still alive."
    Based on these two statements, my previous opinion that Brand is an ass has not changed.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    They seemed like a good couple...it's sad, but it's Hollywood. We don't expect much!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Based on these two statements, my previous opinion that Brand is an ass has not changed.
    Has he not admitted to being a sex addict or something? He wanted to beat her to the punch for some reason...

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    He has admitted to being a sex addict. I watched an episode of his old show where he let another guy

Spoiler

. It was all very odd. He is probably the most unfortunate looking person working in show biz right now. On the plus side, this should help push Katy's single to #1 and break the record. It is appropriately titled, The One That Got Away.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    He has admitted to being a sex addict. I watched an episode of his old show where he let another guy

Spoiler

. It was all very odd. He is probably the most unfortunate looking person working in show biz right now. On the plus side, this should help push Katy's single to #1 and break the record. It is appropriately titled, The One That Got Away.
    Wow, he is a very randy fellow, eys?
    She had to know all of this and walked into it with her eyes open.
    Still, it must suck to have your marriage implode in front of millions. Especially when you just came off of Ellen DeGeneres' talk show telling everyone that your marriage was sound.

vCash
    And you wanted kids in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    And you wanted kids in the future.
    They both have dodged a bullet.

vCash
    Fourteen months. How many Kardashians is that?
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    He truly gives me the creeps, weird sort he is. She's lucky to be rid of him I suspect.

vCash
    You have no idea how frustrated and angry this makes me. I think the bigots should start protesting Hollywood marriages and the damage they do to the institution.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    I blame Elmo for the breakup of their marriage!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    You have no idea how frustrated and angry this makes me. I think the bigots should start protesting Hollywood marriages and the damage they do to the institution.
    uhhhh it's not just hollywood marriages, I have a family member who just got married last valentines day, divorced 3 months later, but are still "together"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    :
    Still, it must suck to have your marriage implode in front of millions. Especially when you just came off of Ellen DeGeneres' talk show telling everyone that your marriage was sound.
    Hmm, maybe he decided to do a little PR in advance to lessen the impact of what he was planning.

I do recall seeing a story in one of the supermarket tabloids saying that he wanted to go to India over the holidays and do some spiritual retreat or some such, at or near the resort where they got married, and she said no way Jose. But that too could have been a story planted by the PR for the resort, because just about every story I've seen since the wedding about them wanting to return to India seems to include the name of the resort and/or the chain that owns it
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Aw, I liked them together. Seemed like a good match-up, though of course I know absolutely nothing about their actual personalities.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Given how many people were telling her to run before the marriage, I'm not surprised.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    I don't think all the blame can be laid on him - he's been very open with his addictions, and we don't know that they had anything to do with the failure of the marriage. "Irreconcilable Differences" does not mean "I can't help but try to shag everything in my path while drinking everything in a bottle." It could quite easily just mean that things weren't working out. Which sucks, because I liked them together.

And while it may be odd, and no, I don't find him attractive, I do think there's something really weirdly sexy about him and I have no idea what it is or why I feel that way.

vCash
    For me it is listening to him talk. He has an amazing command of words and I could listen to him tell stories all day.

According to the Daily Mail he was sick of her partying as he is no longer in that phase of his life

vCash
    Meh I see Katy going a bit Britney. Don't like her and unlike Britney there is nothing redeeming about her either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolineL View Post
    According to the Daily Mail he was sick of her partying as he is no longer in that phase of his life
    I actually believe that. I remember when they were engaged, he was on Leno (I think) and was asked about whether he'd do something like go to Vegas for his bachelor party. His reply was something like "I'm a recovering alcoholic and sex addict. There's nothing for me to do in Vegas."

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast