Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anya View Post
    Apparently, Vlasov-Maisuradze is just a rumor and a wrong one at that.
    Thank goodness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    update: trolling the russian forum
    translated from google

the main candidate in a couple of Nodari Maisuradze is Julia Vlasova, the former American partner Drew Mikkinsa ( who is he ? )

There is also info that one of the pairs of Kustarova / Alexeeva will start the season in the group Krylova / Kamerlengo

pls pls pls
    let it be Sinitsina/Zhiganshin but it could be Bobrova/Soloviev
    If Bobrova and Soloviev move, I would be very happy. I like them as a team, and I think that, should they show success with KC, Sinitsina and Zhiganshin might move as well.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Thinking of this, I'd really love to have Ilinykh/Katsalapov skate to either the "Dangerous Liaisons" or the "Cruel Intentions" soundtrack for the FD next season. It would be so fitting :>
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Thinking of this, I'd really love to have Ilinykh/Katsalapov skate to either the "Dangerous Liaisons" or the "Cruel Intentions" soundtrack for the FD next season. It would be so fitting :>
    Oooh that has so much sexy potential.

vCash
    Is Julia Vlasova even eligible anymore? I thought she turned professional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    Is Julia Vlasova even eligible anymore? I thought she turned professional.
    Idk but she hasn't skated competitively in years and would appear too big for Nodari. I believe she is 5'3" and when she was last competing she wasn't particularly slight in build, especially for a female pairs skater. Nodari can find a partner to better match his talents and size I would think. I still think Agafonova would be a good partner for him if she still has any interest in switching to pairs, she is spunky and flexible and a very strong jumper and is still tiny even after her growthspurt.

On the run from cholla's vibrating cleavage
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Noooooo! I want them to skate to OST to "The Hunger Games" portraying Katniss and Peeta

vCash
    My favorite FD this season was skated by Ilinykh/Katsalapov. I'm looking forward to next season.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    ha! I'll see that, and raise you a Jana Khoklova is one of the few people who has ever turned Morozov down.
    My respect for La Khokh just went up about three millionfold.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash

Pluschenko to represent Russia in worlds 2013

According toVaitsekhovskaya's article for sport-express.ru

the last paragraph:
    Talking to the president of Russian Figure skating federation:
    EV: Many fans are saying the same: nevermind Russia has just one entry in the Worlds- Evgenii Pluschenko will come back and fix it. Do you cound on it as well?
    Gorshkov: I do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    According toVaitsekhovskaya's article for sport-express.ru

the last paragraph:
    Talking to the president of Russian Figure skating federation:
    EV: Many fans are saying the same: nevermind Russia has just one entry in the Worlds- Evgenii Pluschenko will come back and fix it. Do you cound on it as well?
    Gorshkov: I do.

lol, are they actually counting on him to get three spots for the Olympics right away?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukari Lepisto View Post
    lol, are they actually counting on him to get three spots for the Olympics right away?
    Say what you want, Plushenko has proved over and over that he is one of the most consistent skaters in the world. He has had very few meltdowns. If healthy, I think it is almost a given that he will place at least in the top ten and assure two spots for Sotchi. For three spots, he'd need to finish in the top two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Say what you want, Plushenko has proved over and over that he is one of the most consistent skaters in the world. He has had very few meltdowns. If healthy, I think it is almost a given that he will place at least in the top ten and assure two spots for Sotchi. For three spots, he'd need to finish in the top two.
    well, no one doubt that he will finish in top 10.. i said 3 spots, which he needs to finish in top 2, that i don't think is a given. and don't know why it made you think that i think Plushenko's inconsistent and not capable??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Question, maybe a stupid one: When Russia can use the host entry for Sochi?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Question, maybe a stupid one: When Russia can use the host entry for Sochi?
    yes, 2 spots if top 10 ( Pluschenko can do that )
    + 1 more for host country, right ?

so 3 men can represent.

vCash
    I do not think that host entry works this way. If no one qualifies at all, when yes, Russia as a host country would be allowed to send a skater. If Russia qualify at least one participant, it would be just one participant.

vCash
    Is it the IOC or the ISU that would have to define what the host spot means? If the ISU, Speedy & Co can make it mean just what they want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Is it the IOC or the ISU that would have to define what the host spot means? If the ISU, Speedy & Co can make it mean just what they want.
    No, it's pretty clearly set out in the rules. The host country is guaranteed one and only one spot in each discipline if they can't qualify an entry on their own merits.

vCash
    ^ thank you for the answers

Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post

So what is your proposal for the one spot at Worlds 2013?

They will have one spot as hosts for Sochi if nothing better happens. So to gain two spots they will have to send
    1)Voronov :skated great and didnt finish top ten this year.
    2) Realistically Arthur: he is capable of finishing top ten but maybe lost their trust now.
    Their combination couldnt secure 2 spots.

I dont know what they would do with 3 spots for Olys anway. Dimitriev Jr? Bush? Menshov? Only Kovtun is interesting.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nlyoung View Post
    No, it's pretty clearly set out in the rules. The host country is guaranteed one and only one spot in each discipline if they can't qualify an entry on their own merits.
    I know that's true for Worlds, but is that true for the Olympics? For Torino, there were no Italian Pairs teams at 2005 Worlds, none at the Karl Schaefer qualifying event, and none at the Olympics. That could mean that Italy didn't have a pair or had a pair who didn't meet separate Italian Olympic Committee requirements, but I'm having trouble finding anything that explains this. I know in Curling, the Italian team was guaranteed a spot at their home Olympics, but I thought that was a Curling rule, not an IOC rule.

This year, four countries earned an extra spot in Men's -- CAN, FRA, KAZ, and ITA -- while RUS lost one. Next year, if Yan Han skates seniors, China has a great chance to get a second, and the US and CZE have outside shots to gain a third. Add in Plushenko vying for two extra spots for Sochi for RUS, and decent odds that one country will lose a spot, and 1-20 or 1-21 will earns Olympic spots in London.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast