Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I am at the conviction that starting too late for Vancouver was a mistake. He wasn't planning on competing at all, until his wife convinced him that he should. By the time that happened, his time frame was short, and he had to lose ~ 10 kilos if I remember the reports correctly.

It wasn't as if he was always planning to compete in Vancouver and figured, "Well, I'm Plushenko, I can wait until the last minute, and until then I'll sit around playing Wii."
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Uh, yeah, you have missed those threads. Trust me, Oda has been raked over the coals for his ignorance in counting.

Now count the number of international medals won by Oda and compare them with Plushenko's. Oda's case is worse because he could not even win a bronze at worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Too bad about Smirnov. If it's not him, it's Yuka. They can't both seem to be totally healthy at the same time. This does open a door for B/L to medal. Hopefully, they'll both keep their mental focus and take the opportunity.
    me too
    its like they are switching the injuries
    I always hear either one of them gets injured

looks like B/L may get their second euros medal

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Plushenko made that mistake in the first season of IJS and never made it again.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I'm really not a fan of Plushenko, but I have to admit that I admire his longevity and his committment :respect:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Mars View Post
    I'm really not a fan of Plushenko, but I have to admit that I admire his longevity and his committment :respect:
    Same here.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Comparing Plushenko to case of Oda, is funny but keep trying.

he lost to Sandu because he did a 3d combo of 3 Axel-2 Toeloop so the element got 0 points maybe with the rules back then.. It was the first CoP year, he confused the number of combos but really... and english commentators got confused also, believed he won until they saw the marks in details.

vCash
    1. I cannot believe people are using the 2003 GPF to bash Plushenko for not knowing the rules.

2. People who know COP have made that mistake - say, Chan (Worlds 2008, CoR 2010) and Takahashi (Worlds 2008), for example. Oda is the obvious poster child here

3. But here's the thing: rules are rules. They are. Now, with an organization like the ISU that demonstrates the foresight of a blind goldfish, I understand the desire to break them. I can't get worked up over the inclusion of Plushenko at Euros because I don't believe the ISU is breaking the spirit of the rule, but still.

4. I don't love Plushenko's skating, but his competitive spirit and love of the ice sure is invigorating.

vCash
    Any news on Smirnov? Will he be able to compete at Europeans?

And did Korobeinikova manage to get the visa?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Any news on Smirnov? Will he be able to compete at Europeans?

And did Korobeinikova manage to get the visa?
    I doubt Smirnov will compete, he was just release from the hospital yesterday.

Gorshkov seems to think everyone will have their visas in time. I think someone said Klimov tweeted that he already had his and is just waiting to hear if he is going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I doubt Smirnov will compete, he was just release from the hospital yesterday.

Gorshkov seems to think everyone will have their visas in time. I think someone said Klimov tweeted that he already had his and is just waiting to hear if he is going.
    He is keen!

vCash
    Is there any news as to whether Polina K has gotten her visa in time for Euros?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    No definitive news, as far as I know. In a recent article it was mentioned she is likely to get her visa on time, but does not have it yet.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Today Gorshkov said that she already has her visa

vCash
    Kavaguti/Smirnov won't compete at Euros: http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/node/11443

The news has been released a few hours ago: the Russian pair, who won the European gold in 2010 in Tallinn, has decided to not participate in the Sheffield competition. Their coach Tamara Moskvina told to RIA Novosti that Aexander Smirnov has been discharged on Tuesday, but the healing has been slower than expected and they couldn't start training.
    Thus the decision of not going to Euros has been inevitable, and it has been announced by Alexander Gorshkov, president of the Russian Federation.
    The unlucky pair will now wait for Smirnov's complete healing and will then start training for Worlds.
    The substitutes Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov are therefore preparing for the competition. The Russian newspaper has also stated that the Federation is working on solving the last bureaucratic procedures for the UK visa.

vCash
    I was looking forward to seeing their sp live
    Last edited by senorita; 01-12-2012 at 10:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Kavaguti/Smirnov won't compete at Euros: http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/node/11443

I really wanted to see them skate live. Still it's better that he get healed and back to training for worlds.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Now I'm really pissed Martiusheva/Rogonov got so robbed at Russian Nats. Would've loved to see them at Euros as they're so much better than Stolbova/Klimov IMHO.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Now I'm really pissed Martiusheva/Rogonov got so robbed at Russian Nats. Would've loved to see them at Euros as they're so much better than Stolbova/Klimov IMHO.
    i would like to see them, too and saw them as 2nd at nationals, too.
    but in my opinion it´s better for them not to skate in sheffield.

they really had a tough season with a happy ending at nationals (and getting better before) but i´m not sure how she would handle the pressure at europeans, that´s a totally different thing.

so now they could get ready for next season and starting with a positive background.

not to say, that stolbova/klimov are great, too and there are just too less places for good russian pairs

vCash
    Martiusheva/Rogonov aren't any better than Stolbova/Klimov, nationals proved that.

The withdrawal of V/T and K/S gave both teams medals they wouldn't have got otherwise and with K/S withdrawing from Europeans Stolbova/Klimov are given an opportunity they wouldn't have got normally so hopefully they will enjoy it. I doubt they will get past the Italians.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast