Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

From Russia With Love - 2011/12 Season 2

Lets continue our discussion about the Russiam skaters in this new thread. :-)

vCash
    http://sport.rambler.ru/news/figures...592004711.html

I was told by a friend, that this article states that Plushenko is not granted the exemption to Europeans, can someone please confirm? or maybe deny?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukari Lepisto View Post
    http://sport.rambler.ru/news/figures...592004711.html

I was told by a friend, that this article states that Plushenko is not granted the exemption to Europeans, can someone please confirm? or maybe deny?
    some of the german media reports that he is being granted and exemption and can compete at Euros

http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/301220...m-starten.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    some of the german media reports that he is being granted and exemption and can compete at Euros

http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/301220...m-starten.html
    yup, I've read the both versions... which one's true though?

YEAH!
    vCash
    I google translated them.

The Russian one http://sport.rambler.ru/news/figures...592004711.html says that Plushenko is not eligible to compete due to not having the minimum score, but that Gorshkov plans to ask for an exception.

The German one http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/301220...m-starten.html says that Plushenko was granted the exception despite lacking the minimum score. So the articles don't contradict. This one has a quote from Mishin saying Plush and the ISU need each other.

Here's an English one http://rt.com/sport/pluschenko-figur...-european-017/ also saying that Plush got the exemption, with a quote from Gorshkov explaining why Plush deserved it.

But absent from all these articles is a quote from an ISU rep or an official ISU communication. It could very well be that someone mistook Gorshkov or Mishin's comments as saying that the ISU granted the request, and that the other news organizations are running with that. I would rather wait for confirmation from the ISU.

vCash
    The Russian Federation said that they have contacted the ISU and asked for permission on Wednesday. I highly doubt that the ISU has already given an official answer to the Russian Federation as we are in the holiday season. I assume that the ISU council will have to discuss this matter and they probably have a telephone conference or something like this. Therefore I think that the decision will be made only next week after New Year.

vCash
    The comment of Cinquanta that he should was taken as an ISU ruling to me in some articles which is not the same.

vCash
    Cinquanta said yes but he also said that the ISU committee will have to vote on it.

vCash
    I can't imagine them voting against. Piseev would get mad and have one of his minions type really hard at them.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Here is another article and according to this, Plushenko has been cleared to skate at Euro's:-

Plushenko cleared to skate in European Championships

Great news!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    Here is another article and according to this, Plushenko has been cleared to skate at Euro's:-

Plushenko cleared to skate in European Championships

Great news!
    And that article's from the 30th too and doesn't have an exact quote for what Gorshkov said...ARGH! Is he actually officially cleared here or not? What am I supposed to put on the weekly newsvid here? If these entitled athletic peoples are going to be insisting on being above the rules, the least they can do is not confuse us as to their exact status!

vCash
    I contacted the ISU but their office was closed today. Hopefully there will be an answer tomorrow!

vCash
    ^ thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    I contacted the ISU but their office was closed today. Hopefully there will be an answer tomorrow!
    The ISU office confirmed today to me that the ISU council has discussed the case and decided to grand Evgeni Plushenko an exception so that he can compete at Euros.

vCash
    Thank you Eislauf fan! That's a great news!

vCash
    The ISU office confirmed today to me that the ISU council has discussed the case and decided to grand Evgeni Plushenko an exception so that he can compete at Euros.
    Tremendous news. Thanks Eislauffan.

I didn't think all those reports could have been wrong or there would have been a lot of egg on a lot of journalists faces.

vCash
    It was just published on ISU site as expected:

Evgeny Plushenko to compete at ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2012
    03 January 2012
    The ISU received a specific request from the Figure Skating Federation of Russia pointing out that the skater Evgeny Plushenko was unable, for different reasons, to obtain the required minimum score in an International Competition during the ongoing and past season. Based on this request and also noting that Evgeny Plushenko has recently returned to competitive skating by winning the Russian National Championships at the end of December 2011, the ISU Council exceptionally agreed to accept the entry of Evgeny Plushenko into the ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2012 in Sheffield/Great Britain. This exceptional decision is valid for the ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2012 only.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oubik View Post
    It was just published on ISU site as expected:

Evgeny Plushenko to compete at ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2012
    03 January 2012
    The ISU received a specific request from the Figure Skating Federation of Russia pointing out that the skater Evgeny Plushenko was unable, for different reasons, to obtain the required minimum score in an International Competition during the ongoing and past season. Based on this request and also noting that Evgeny Plushenko has recently returned to competitive skating by winning the Russian National Championships at the end of December 2011, the ISU Council exceptionally agreed to accept the entry of Evgeny Plushenko into the ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2012 in Sheffield/Great Britain. This exceptional decision is valid for the ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2012 only.

It means he won't be allowed to compete at worlds- am I correct?

It will be interesting to see how he stacks up against the young European skaters like Fermandez.

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    It means he won't be allowed to compete at worlds- am I correct?
    Well, with some luck he'll be able to get the required minimum during the Europeans. Although, I'd be endlessly amused, and would see the greater justice if he didn't.

ISU
    What a bunch of clowns.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    Thank you! Great news!

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast