Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    I admit that I love the Patrick Swaze film "Road House". It's pretty stupid, but has some great fight scenes.. ;}
    Totally a girls guilty pleasure, cracked up so much during that movie. Very entertaining.

Marie Antoinette - I enjoyed it, and bought the soundtrack. Something about it clicked with me - the modern music and the past.

Another movie I saw with girlfriends - The Bodyguard with Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston- total girls guilty pleasure. So bad in so many ways, but we were cracking up. Then at the end when they are at the cabin - Daddy Walton!

Saw Sherlock Holmes when the movie I planned to see with a friend was sold out and we by default saw SH. I have never read the books and do not know that much about the books. I found the movie very entertaining - loved Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law. What a hoot. (I know some folks that claim to know the books really well, and one said it was not like the books, and the other said it was accurate ??)

Two Weeks Notice - and I love Hugh Grant, but I thought it was so boring.

I enjoyed Stranger than Fiction - love Emma Thompson

Nine - I think Daniel Day Lewis can do no wrong, and many of the ladies were great, but it was missing something - more of a music video than a movie.

I liked the Village, found it interesting.

Somewhere in Time - with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour - just love this movie, so sappy, but done just right.

Lost in Translation - I really liked it. Saw it in a theatre. One film critic, can remember who, Ebert or??? that people that saw in a theatre noticeably liked the movie way more than ones that saw it on video. Since that comment, I wonder how many movies have that kind of comments. In the theatre, no distractions, really focusing, or being home, pausing, getting a snack, answering the phone - how much that distorts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i love westworld w yul brynner. is there another one?
    There is the sequel, Futureworld with Peter Fonda/Blythe Danner. Yul Brynner is briefly seen as the gunslinger. I think Westworld is the better flick. I wanna go to Romanworld...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Van Helsing!!!

vCash
    Stranger than Fiction got mostly favorable reviews, and its rating on Rotten Tomatoes is 73%, so I wouldn't call it hated or bad. I thought it was a great movie, even though I usually can't stand anything with Will Ferrell.

vCash
    Blacula, an unintentionally campy blaxploitation film from the 70s. The plot centers around an 18th century African prince who was turned into a vampire by Count Dracula himself. Centuries later he finds himself in 1970s Lose Angeles where he a young African-American woman who is the spitting image of his dead wife.

vCash
    Abduction!!

And every movie starring Mary-Kate and Ashley <333333

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    Abduction!!
    The one with Taylor Lautner ?

And every movie starring Mary-Kate and Ashley <333333
    I hope this was when you were a kid since they only did movies when they were young, otherwise, it's kinda creepy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    Abduction!!
    Now that has got to be one of the worst movies of 2011. If not THE worst movie of 2011. LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Blacula, an unintentionally campy blaxploitation film from the 70s. The plot centers around an 18th century African prince who was turned into a vampire by Count Dracula himself. Centuries later he finds himself in 1970s Lose Angeles where he a young African-American woman who is the spitting image of his dead wife.
    Omigosh! I saw that movie on TV when I was 7 and had nightmares for 10 years! (No cheesiness,nor blacksploitation registered for me at that age- I was just legitimately scared by it!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    I wanna go to Romanworld...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptq4GUXwSnc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    The one with Taylor Lautner ?

I hope this was when you were a kid since they only did movies when they were young, otherwise, it's kinda creepy
    LOL YES. I loooooooved it.

And.... both? :p They are slightly older than me, but I was completely obsesssssssssssssed with them from when I was 14-18.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    For me it was Ridley Scott's "Legend" with Tom Cruise and Mia Sara. For the most part, the critics did not like it, my friends loathed it but I really enjoyed the film.

What are your guilty pleasures?
    I loved that movie. It took me a while to realize Tom Cruise was in it, since he looked so young and different in it. It's great high fantasy movie.

I also love all the fast and furious movies. They all did really well in the box office but I think critics only sort of liked the last one and pan all the others.

vCash
    I think I'm the only one who liked Glitter, and I liked that album.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    I think I'm the only one who liked Glitter, and I liked that album.
    glitter was another so bad i enjoyed it film. plus i saw it in the theater at the same time as some all gay mariah carey fanclub. they made it awesome. many of them wept.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I liked Sex and the City 2 movie much better than the first one.
    Also liked:
    Marie Antoinette; Defiance; and Twister.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    I LOVED Blacula - some scenes make me laugh, and the makeup is atrocious. It wasn't as bad as Abby, though, which was a black version of The Exorcist.

I love watching Blood Feast also - it's a cult classic that is so poorly made that it's awesome!!

vCash
    Somewhere in Time

Dirty Dancing

Both were slammed by critics. DD did well at the box office'; SIT did not. I liked both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Somewhere in Time

Dirty Dancing

Both were slammed by critics. DD did well at the box office'; SIT did not. I liked both.
    Dirty Dancing did VERY well at the box office, and has done incredibly well since. I wouldn't say that it's a "hated" movie, in general.

vCash
    For me, it was Dennis Hopper's film "The Last Movie". Hopper was near his drug and alcohol bottom when he made it - and the film was about a man in that state. It was located in Mexico and there was a real fun scene with Kris Kristofferson (sp?) and some other American actors playing music at a party. The general story was about a movie crew in Mexico bringing distress to a small Mexican community.

It was an extremely incoherent film. For example, at one point the main character is driving a truck and the frame fills with the written words "SCENE MISSING", then returns to the man driving the truck.

I loved the movie and in my view, it explored the theme of spiritual redemption. The few people who watched it with me just wanted to scream at me.

Someone at the Venice Film Festival must have agreed with me, however, because it awarded "The Last Movie" best picture of the year.

Helps to be a huge Dennis Hopper fan (RIP Dennis Hopper)
    Last edited by Japanfan; 01-01-2012 at 01:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moojja View Post
    I loved that movie. It took me a while to realize Tom Cruise was in it, since he looked so young and different in it. It's great high fantasy movie.

I also love all the fast and furious movies. They all did really well in the box office but I think critics only sort of liked the last one and pan all the others.
    moojja--I've having a moment here: I don't think I've ever found anyone who agrees with me on this. Next time I see it I'll know of one other person who liked it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast