Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Demi Moore Hospitalized for "Exhaustion"

Sounds like she's "exhausted" from starving herself and/or substance abuse...
    http://www.thestar.com/article/11209...for-exhaustion
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    That excuse is so transparent, why don't they try something more original like Rapid and Severe Onset of Restless Leg Syndrome?
    Last edited by BigB08822; 01-25-2012 at 09:27 PM.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    ((( Demi )))) Break-ups are hell, esp. when one thought that they'd found the love of their life.
    She said: “What scares me is that I'm going to ultimately find out at the end of my life that I'm really not lovable, that I'm not worthy of being loved.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    That excuse is so transparent, why don't they try something more original like Rapid and Severe Onset of Restless Leg Syndrome?

The comments on the Yahoo article this morning were trending...less than sympathetic. Yeah, breakups suck. Getting older in a profession based 99.99% on looks sucks. Sucks a LOT less when you're filthy stinking rich from said profession and can check yourself in for "exhaustion" instead of having to crawl out of bed and go to work like the plebes. (Assuming, as several people also pointed out, you HAVE a job in this economy.)

Sorry, people who are used to high six/low-seven-figure paychecks for reading lines for a camera and are mostly famous for being famous at this point are really, REALLY low on the sympathy list. I don't know how older her kids from her first marriage are, but hopefully they're with someone supportive right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    She said: “What scares me is that I'm going to ultimately find out at the end of my life that I'm really not lovable, that I'm not worthy of being loved.
    Eh. What a drama queen.

vCash
    No pity for her at all. She has a really great relationship with her first ex, sounds like nothing horrible happened with Ashton and her kids all seem to have their heads on their shoulders. She has plenty of money and continues to get work when she wants it. So her marriage didn't work to someone much much younger than her...you don't say??
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    "Exhaustion" was being used when Elizabeth Taylor was young. Ita that they need to come up with something else. I'd like to see a coal miner attempt to be hospitalized with "exhaustion."

vCash
    No pity for her at all. She has a really great relationship with her first ex, sounds like nothing horrible happened with Ashton and her kids all seem to have their heads on their shoulders. She has plenty of money and continues to get work when she wants it. So her marriage didn't work to someone much much younger than her...you don't say??
    Money can't buy happiness and love.

vCash
    Girl's been looking rough lately. I'm saying ED and/or getting back into drugs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Eh. What a drama queen.
    In other words:

a) you feel like you deserve to be loved and don't sympathise with people for whom it's an issue

b) you have the same problem and you're lashing out at Demi because she's reminding you of something uncomfortable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Money can't buy happiness and love.
    No, but it sure is better than being poor. It does buy time to be exhausted and time to find yourself without having all this pesky worries like where the next meal is coming from.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    "Exhaustion" was being used when Elizabeth Taylor was young. Ita that they need to come up with something else. I'd like to see a coal miner attempt to be hospitalized with "exhaustion."

Amen to that!
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    they need to come up with something else.
    I hear she's come down with the hysteria.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    As has already been said, having that money means she can check into the hospital for "exhaustion." Could you imagine going to the hospital claiming you have exhaustion and then trying to get your insurance to pay for it? Not to mention the time you miss from work.
    -Brian

vCash

vCash
    As has already been said, having that money means she can check into the hospital for "exhaustion." Could you imagine going to the hospital claiming you have exhaustion and then trying to get your insurance to pay for it? Not to mention the time you miss from work.

"Exhaustion" is just a PR excuse that her reps have given for her hospitalization. I doubt that she was checked into the hospital for that issue. There are obviously other underlying issues that required Demi to be treated in an emergent basis. To the extent that 911 had to be called to her home.

I feel for her. She obviously has a a lot of issues going on and I hope she gets the help she needs.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I hear she's come down with the hysteria.
    They have machines for that.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/7...rators_pr.html
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Or a haunted leg!

[/Gilmore Girls flashback]

Flippancy aside, I hope she'll be all right.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    On the other hand, some of us get to recover from bad breakups in private. I sure wouldn't have wanted cameras and Access: Hollywood around a few years ago. So the fact that I had to get up and go to my job was balanced out by not having to dodge cameras everywhere and be subjected to a zillion people tsking that it was what I deserved for picking the guy that I did.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    On the other hand, some of us get to recover from bad breakups in private. I sure wouldn't have wanted cameras and Access: Hollywood around a few years ago. So the fact that I had to get up and go to my job was balanced out by not having to dodge cameras everywhere and be subjected to a zillion people tsking that it was what I deserved for picking the guy that I did.
    Yes, but Demi didn't get to live in the bazillion dollar house and get a bazillion dollars per movie by wanting to live her life in private and telling the photographers and TV tabloid shows not to pay attention to her. Some celebs don't seem to understand that you don't get media attention only when it suits you.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast