vCash

iPad/iTunes Question

Merry Xmas everyone. Just recieved an iPad for Xmas. Updated iTunes to newest version, updated iPad to newest version, went ahead and synced. Everything moved fine. 2 questions:

I'm assuming I need to replace my apps with ones designed for iPad vs. the ones I already have on my iTouch. T or F ?

2nd, it's xmas, I've been to the iTunes store but when I click to buy an app, it asks for my password like normal and then spins. Then I get a message about being timed out and check my network connnection. Is it b/c everyone on the planet who got an Apple product is trying to access iTunes store or is there something I need to do that I haven't? I did run the diagnostic test on network connection in iTunes and it said everything is ok.

Thanks for any assistance.

vCash
    I sometimes have trouble accessing iTunes on my iPad. And it may be especially busy today.

Not all apps that are designed for the i touch or iPhone are also designed for the iPad. Southwest's Ding! for example. So it's sort of glitchy on the iPad. But some work just fine on both. Have fun!

vCash
    Thanks for the response PL.

It's working now. Merry Xmas!

vCash
    If you sync your devices to your iTunes account... when I do that and then plug it into my laptop, the apps are loaded onto the devices. Some items from iPad, which I had first, do pop up on my iPhone, if able.

vCash
    All iPhone and iPod apps should work on the iPad, but not all iPad apps work on the iPhone/iTouch. The best ones are those with the + sign; they are specifically designed to work on all devices (or at least iPhone and iPad). The iPhone apps that are designed for the iPhone (no +) will work on the iPad best at the smaller (iPhone screen) size, the x2 on the iPad will significantly reduce the images etc.

Have fun!

Afterlife
    vCash
    Skipaway, I do hope you won't mind my hijacking your thread, but I also have an iTunes question and I thought this would be better than starting a new thread. When my friend updated to the latest iTunes, 10.5.2, he somehow ended up with 4000 extra songs in his library that he didn't put there. Some were from bands he deleted when he stopped listening to them. But most were from bands he doesn't listen to. Has anyone else had this happen?
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nell411 View Post
    Skipaway, I do hope you won't mind my hijacking your thread,
    he somehow ended up with 4000 extra songs in his library that he didn't put there.
    No, not at all.

Wow, that's alot of songs. No so far that hasn't happened, as far as I know to anyone I know. I recently updated too, and all seems to be working just fine now.

Afterlife
    vCash
    Thanks, and it could just be his computer. He's had alot of issues with iTunes and his iPod in the past. So it could just be that. Thanks again.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire