Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    From m-w.com:
    Thanks. Says origin of use 1954, I must be living under a stone or more likely a skate.

vCash
    i can not wade through all the bashiong - I can not get the article link to work. That's all.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^^ Thanks for posting.

Reading it reminded me that Washington D.C. is the location of one of MK's memorable performances:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfluAux0Sf0

I was there, and the crowd's reaction was quite deafening throughout the performance, especially nearing the end. What a great performance ... wonderful memory. Her 5th and final World title ...
    She was in phenomenal youthful shape. Her maturity as a skater was in full bloom, and she was enjoying it for its own sake. I don't think she anticipated being able to skate so long ... Void, void ... ...

vCash
    I miss her!!

vCash
    I was also at Worlds 2003 for this performance. Last minute, nosebleed seats, but it didn't matter; you just felt every bit of that performance oozing from her pores. I don't think she was ever as relaxed nor enjoying a performance as much as she did here. Amazing memories, I still have a fleece vest from these championships that I wear when I skate for both warmth and inspiration.

I also remember all the ladies "lutzing in a lake." Ice conditions at the ends of the ice were absolutely awful.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    ^^ Thanks for posting.

Reading it reminded me that Washington D.C. is the location of one of MK's memorable performances:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfluAux0Sf0

<snip>
    Thanks for the link, aftershocks. I got a few shivers, even after all this time.

vCash
    It's amazing to think how long she's been away from competitive skating now, yet when I think back to the last time I got a huge rush and excitement from watching skating, it seems like it was yesterday. She was one of the only ones who have ever gotten me extremely excited about skating and into every single event, and since she's been gone its been pretty much nil in a lot of ways on the ladies side for me. She was so engaging to watch, and she brought so much excitement to every event she entered year after year after year - I miss her a lot.

It would be cool to see her try choreographing or coaching in the future, there are so many things she could teach the new generation about emoting and performing with conviction!

vCash
    Yeah, shivers ... them was the days my friends, I thought they'd never end.

Ah well, how lucky are we that we still get to relive the memories with all the clips available. Has everyone managed to transfer all their old Kwan performances on VHS tapes to DVD?

Kwan's career interestingly coincided with global technological advances and seismic shifts within the skating world.

BTW, AnnMJensen, this is a very old thread. You should start at page 20, and scroll down to gkelly's post/ link to an updated/ recent article about MK in Washington, D.C. You should be able to open that link. The thread title refers to an old article pre-MK's HOF induction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
    Thanks for the link, aftershocks. I got a few shivers, even after all this time.
    Found this one. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVq_Z...eature=related

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Thanks for the link. Believe I saw that some time ago, but it still brought tears. I will always miss Michelle, but will always have awesome memories too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Thanks for posting, sk9tingfan. I've seen that montage before, but it's always wonderful to see -- watching Michelle through all her trials, tribulations and glorious victories, never grows old. There's always an immediacy to these clips/ moments. I wonder if that is because Michelle is/was always so present in her life.

This tribute in honor of Michelle's election to USHOF, I never tire of watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQFLkAvdzE
    Last edited by aftershocks; 05-10-2012 at 04:42 PM.

vCash
    Thanks for posting, sk9tingfan. I've seen that montage before, but it's always wonderful to see -- watching Michelle through all her trials, tribulations and glorious victories, never grows old. There's always an immediacy to these clips/ moments. I wonder if that is because Michelle is/was always so present in her life.

This tribute in honor of Michelle's election to USHOF, I never tire of watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQFLkAvdzE
    I like this montage.
    Michelle has such a beautiful skating, I will never get tired of watching her !

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021