Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Adam Lambert arrested in Finland

Pop-star Adam Lambert spend the night between Wednesday and Thursday in jail in Helsinki, Finland. Lambert, who dates the Finnish BB-star Sauli Koskinen, had come to Finland to spend Christmas with Sauli and his family. The young men got in the fight in a popular Helsinki gay bar Don´t Tell Mama. Both were arrested and spent the night in jail, but are now released, and there will be no charges.

We Finns are ofd course so happy and proud to have an internationally famous son-in-law.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Now that is rock & roll.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

The "NICE" Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    The young men got in the fight in a popular Helsinki gay bar Don´t Tell Mama.
    LOL!!!!!

Main Offender
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    This is beyond awesome on all levels
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Is domestic violence OK if it is between two men? I can't imagine the reactions would be the same if Adam had gotten into a fight with a woman. I am not being all sensitive here, I found the event funny myself, but I do think a double standard of sorts exists.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Oh my god I can't stop laughing at the name of the bar!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Is domestic violence OK if it is between two men? I can't imagine the reactions would be the same if Adam had gotten into a fight with a woman. I am not being all sensitive here, I found the event funny myself, but I do think a double standard of sorts exists.
    Was it really domestic violence or was it just two people who got into a fight in a bar? I think it's being treated the same as if it was a fight between any two men, or any two women or any two of the same sex. Now a physical fight between a man and a woman would have been treated more seriously because of the perceived strength advantage the man has over the woman.

vCash
    Listening to his new single after reading this article makes it a whole lot more and

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Domestic violence is never okay, no matter if it's between a man or a woman, two women, or two men.

In this case though, it wasn't really violence. More like a heated lover's spat exacerbated by alcohol. These are his tweets from his yesterday:
    @adamlambert:
    Jetlag+Vodka=blackout. Us÷blackout=irrational confusion. jail+guilt+press=lesson learned. Sauli+Adam+hangover burgers= laughing bout it.

Violence is not to be taken lightly. Embarrassed by drunkenness. No punches thrown, no injuries and no charges. Media always exaggerates.

vCash
    Was Lambert fighting with Koskinen, or that they were fighting with others? Not domestic violence if they were fighting with others.

vCash
    Oh, gays...

vCash
    They were fighting with each other. They weren't hitting each other though and no one was hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Was Lambert fighting with Koskinen, or that they were fighting with others? Not domestic violence if they were fighting with others.
    Sorry that the first post was unclear, they were fighting with each other. And indeed, domestic violence should not be tolerated at all, even if it happens in a public place.

DTM (Don´t tell mama) is the leader of the GLTB scene in Finland. Very trashy in a very good way.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Thanks for clarifying that no one was hit. All the media outlets left that bit out of their reports. They made it sound like punches were thrown and lots of scratching ensued.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Pop-star Adam Lambert spend the night between Wednesday and Thursday in jail in Helsinki, Finland. Lambert, who dates the Finnish BB-star Sauli Koskinen, had come to Finland to spend Christmas with Sauli and his family. The young men got in the fight in a popular Helsinki gay bar Don´t Tell Mama. Both were arrested and spent the night in jail, but are now released, and there will be no charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by cailuj365 View Post
    They were fighting with each other. They weren't hitting each other though and no one was hurt.
    So in Finland, if you raise your voice to another person, you spend the night in jail? Harsh!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I don't know. There was probably more to it than that, but at least there weren't any punches thrown Chris Brown style.

ETA: The happy couple two days after their public brawl They're quite cute really.
    Last edited by cailuj365; 12-24-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Loius Vuitton at ten paces?

Seriously, Adam should have been arrested by the police by some of his crimes against fashion ages ago.
    Last edited by essence_of_soy; 12-25-2011 at 06:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    So in Finland, if you raise your voice to another person, you spend the night in jail? Harsh!!!
    I think they hit each other, too. And were very drunk. (Well, THAT is nothing very unusual in Finland, I have to say.)

vCash
    I'm sure it's just a coincidence that a publicity-friendly incident happened the week his new song was released, right?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    Of course. He seems to have a knack for doing that. I don't know if he has the best timing or the worst timing in the biz. As publicity-friendly as the incident is, it's not very reputation-friendly, which makes me think it's actually coincidental.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast