Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Tauriel is a ridiculous inclusion. I also heard a rumour that she's supposed to be Kili's love interest - which just makes me want to throw something because that defies several of Tolkien's ideals throughout the stories.

Heh, yeah, after the screwup Finwe made of things, no elf's ever gonna try that one again. But then think about it; if Finwe wasn't allowed to marry again, we'd never have wound up with Galadriel or Elrond.
    Seriously? Well they are trying that with Gandalf and Galadriel...

I actually watched the theatrical version from Itunes and the one thing that confused me was when Balin was telling the story about the War of Orcs and Dwarves. It seemed like he was telling it to Fili and Kili as if they didn't know. Um, aren't they Thorin's nephews? In fact, aren't they all related? Wouldn't they have heard the story?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Tauriel is a ridiculous inclusion. I also heard a rumour that she's supposed to be Kili's love interest - which just makes me want to throw something because that defies several of Tolkien's ideals throughout the stories.
    Maybe she's Bilbo's love interest. Can you imagine the howls of protest if she is?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    Trailer for Desolation of Smaug. The voice of Benedict Cumberbatch
    That's not the voice of Lee Pace?

Thanks for the trailer, it looks awesome

vCash
    Seriously? Well they are trying that with Gandalf and Galadriel...
    No kidding, I feel massively sorry for Celeborn.

I actually watched the theatrical version from Itunes and the one thing that confused me was when Balin was telling the story about the War of Orcs and Dwarves. It seemed like he was telling it to Fili and Kili as if they didn't know. Um, aren't they Thorin's nephews? In fact, aren't they all related? Wouldn't they have heard the story?
    Yeah...Fili and Kili are supposed to be young but that was a bit loopy. Also they messed the timeline/plotline up on that one.

vCash
    Peter Jackson's video blog is up on facebook. Thranduil being badass. Dwarvicise!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456