Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Can Sinitsina & Zhiganshin win Gold at the 2014 Olympics?

Was very impressed by Sinitsina & Zhiganshin in the junior grand prix. But what would be a realistic objective for them come the 2014 Olympics? Can they beat Virtue and Moir & Davis and White to the Gold? Or is Silver or Bronze or a position outside the medals a more realistic objective?

vCash
    Golden Skate article after their JGP Final win: Sinitsina and Zhiganshin look to Sochi and beyond

vCash
    If D/W and V/M are still in it, gold is out of the question, imo.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    I don't see them making a big splash soon. They are a good team, but they skate so similar to Bobrova/Soloviev! They need their own style, right now, they are a very good team with nice lines, speed, twizzles, but they are not memorable. I enjoy Stepanova/Bukin much more for now. Unfortunately she grew a bit too much for him, and this is not a good thing with COP.
    (I still have a tiny little hope that Ilinykh/Katsalopov finally skate to their potential.)
    Gold and silver for 2014 are locked. The bronze will be a battle between W/P, P/B and the Shibs. Right now, the french are my pick but they need the bronze medal at Worlds.

vCash
    I like them and think they have great potential. I enjoyed their Samson/Delilah FD last season, but am at how they break at the waist when doing crossovers for speed this season. I don't remember this being an issue last season. It is so distracting. Until I read the GS interview I didn't realize that they shared coaches with Bobrova/Soloviev.

vCash
    May be 2018?

vCash
    Wait... They did Samson and Delilah the year before Phantom? They really are D/W clones!

vCash
    But maybe 2018

vCash
    they're not going to get +3 GOE on any element they do even remotely well or 10's in PCS like DW and VM do if they are both still in the competiton. Judges have made their views known and against DW and VM nobody can win anything.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I expect Monko/Khavialin to be formidable rivals, assuming they recover from what ailed them this GP season.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    M/K will be at Russian Nationals, I believe.

vCash
    I like M/K better! I saw them live last year and they are truly great! Hope they make Euros/Worlds, though the chances are slim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Miruna View Post
    I like M/K better! I saw them live last year and they are truly great! Hope they make Euros/Worlds, though the chances are slim.
    If M/K are going to B/S's position are the Europeans I don't might them M/K on the European team. Hopefully they are not going to replace I/K or R/T for the spot.

vCash
    Sinitsina and Zhiganshin have potential
    although I like Monko and Khaliavin better, hope for a quick recovery soon.
    they are more talented and have great chances to medal in 2018 but not 2014

vCash
    I think they are very talented, but they need to change coaches if they want to make Russian National team next year. Kustarova's teams are usually very dominant in juniors, but she lacks 'something' to make her teams successful in seniors. Look at Bobrova/Soloviev: they were so promising back in 2008, but they are only getting worse and worse with every season and they are already losing to Shibutanis and Weaver/Poje - not even top couples in their countries. I won't be surprised if B/S lose to Cappellini/Lanotte at Euros.

I don't want the same destiny for Sinitsina/Zhiganshin, because I see a lot of potential in them, so I hope they make the right decision by changing coaches (Krylova or Zhulin would be a perfect choice!).

Having said that Sochi gold is out of the question for Viktoria/Ruslan, since there is too little time left: I'll be extremely happy if they establish themselves as Russia's No 3 team in the next two seasons and somehow skate to a 6-th-7-th place finish at Sochi Games. That would be a huge success for such a young team.
    Last edited by IneZR; 12-20-2011 at 09:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    If M/K are going to B/S's position are the Europeans I don't might them M/K on the European team. Hopefully they are not going to replace I/K or R/T for the spot.
    I agree
    M/K, I/K and R/T for euros and worlds would be amazing. But I don't see it happening to be honest. After all, B/S are the the European silver medalists and the only team who made the GPF this season, while R/T failed to medal in both their GP and I/K only won a bronze medal.
    I would like to see Sinitsina and Zhiganshin going to Zhulin! I really liked the programs he created for I/K. I think he is the one who could make this young team stand out.

vCash
    The 2014 Olympics are no more set in stone in any skater than it was in Nagano for Michelle Kwan, anything can happen.

I would LOVE to see Sinitsina and Zhiganshin going to Zhulin too!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IneZR View Post
    Kustarova's teams are usually very dominant in juniors, but she lacks 'something' to make her teams successful in seniors.
    What is her relationship like with the Russian fed? I'd think at some point they would intervene and make B&S and S&Z go elsewhere. They made DomShabs leave Gorshkov for Linichuk, and his students were more successful in seniors than Kustarova's (coached DenSta to World silver and DomShabs to Euro gold).

vCash
    GOLD? Maybe in 2018.

vCash
    How much should we wager that next season's program is to a Tango medley. Then, I think a Viennese Waltz would work quite nicely. After that, I don't know quite yet, but I bet we'll have a better idea by this time next season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast